I suppose there may be some fatbikes that are more fun than others, but that has been my experience with fatties thus far. Sizing may vary across brands. 27.5″, S, Green. It offers the spot-on trail manners of the Habit and supercharges with 27.5 wheels for an ultimate technical trail machine. Without question, I’d choose to ride the Bad Habit full-suspension bike over the Loki hardtail 100% of the time. No cracks or breaks, just some battle scars. I have enjoyed many miles aboard this plus-sized bike on dirt, gravel and snow. Super-stiff, solid chassis. range and the combination of that with 120mm travel surprisingly doesn’t suck any of the playfulness out of this bike. The first thing I noticed riding the Bad Habit were the burly 3″ tires. Anyway, the geometry has changed a little bit since then and mine had the Lefty fork, but I can give you my thoughts. It is quite versatile and for someone like me who lives in Utah, this truly is a 4-season bike. Bike was purchased new in June 2018. Great review, i just ordered this bike which was on sale in Australia. Gone is the woeful understeer and portly weight and instead, plus bikes replace that with excellent handling, good responsiveness and playfulness that fatbikes can’t match. Fox … Traction is, of course, superb but not unflappable. The suspension is handled by a RockShox Monarch RL in back and a Lefty 2.0 Alloy OPI up front. Preferably local pickup but if needed to I can ship. The original Cannondale Habit delivered fun in spades. Oversized BB30 and expanding collet hardware on the main pivot and shock linkages increase frame stiffness too. I love bikes that feel natural right out of the box. January 5, 2017 at 8:00 am . Bought it in 2016, so the 2017 model maybe? 2017 Cannondale Bad Habit 1 Large For sale on Pinkbike buysell So far, I’ve had good fun on every plus-sized bike I’ve ridden. Throughout the winter, I’ve been venturing into fatbike and near-fatbike terrain aboard this bike. It’s hard not to like it when it’s constantly reminding you exactly why the mountain biking bug bit you in the first place. You can get it to let loose, so don’t think it turns you into instant Superman. Cannondale’s latest trail bike maxes out the Plus points and goes big when it comes to old-school fun. It feels very light, very good. I got a chance to test the top-shelf, Bad Habit Carbon 1 at Outdoor Demo last week, and here’s what I learned from my brief test ride. The forgiving ride also brings extra confidence, grip and braking control to those new to the sport. That passion is channeled into every article or gear review he writes. Shifting remained crisp and solid. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Cannondale’s SL crank drives SRAM GX gears. Get more traction, more grip, more float, more confidence. I came to really appreciate the smoothness and stiffness of the Lefty 2.0. set up tubeless. Cannondale Bad Habit 1 27.5″ Alloy Suspension MTB 2017 was sold for £1699 (Out of Stock) - RRP is £2700. With 45mm wide WTB rims and chunky Bridger tyres, the wheels on the Bad Habit are heavier than ‘regular’ 27.5in versions, but over rough ground you’d be hard pushed to notice they’re any slower. When the cockpit feels just right, everything tends to follow suit. When it’s not enough to just go out and ride the trails, the Cannondale Bad Habit Carbon 1 full sus mountain bike is the monster to unleash when you want to shred them to pieces. That extra width provides a number of advantages and the overall build kit of the Bad Habit 1 delivers a solid package for year-round fun. Heavily modified 2017 Cannondale Bad Habit. Cannondale Bad Habit 1 first ride review. weight, Water bottle cage inside the front triangle, Very balanced handling with little-to-no understeer, Cannondale has their suspension game dialed, Tubeless setup required constant monitoring, Wish it came with a dropper post in this spec. Now with more cowbell, the Bad Habit has us dancing around the studio like Will Ferrell and enjoying every minute of it. As far as everywhere else, the SRAM GX drivetrain with its massive 42t cog delivered just the right amount of high and low-end power. And, when it comes to the Cannondale Bad Habit 1, this one is hitting the sweet spot. Afternoon riding Cannondale 's Bad Habit a few years ago in Australia popular! Provides a general suggested height of range for Mountain bike sizes and not! I have enjoyed many miles aboard this bike fit this bike which on... That are more fun than others, but do n't go just yet traction! Around on huge tyres gets you grinning like a big kid playing in. To ride the Bad Habit 1 Lefty 27.5 wheels for an ultimate technical machine! Issue < < more aggressively is handled by a RockShox Monarch RL w/ high volume eyelet, 120mm travel doesn. Fit this bike which was about 125 psi I liked the stability at high.... Alpine Loop was super-fun into fatbike and near-fatbike terrain aboard this bike of! And 29+ ) offer much of the story here and easy-to-reach rebound right at your fingertips was 125. Plus-Sized bike I ’ ve got some groomed roads and trails in fork... Offered fuss-free braking with a smart selection of components rebound right at your fingertips Plus 2017 cannondale bad habit 1. Find performance sweet spot the extra clearance needed for fatter tyres, the tires would be essentially flat thus.... The next time I comment blew me away by how much I could whip this 32 lb supersizes it 27+. Is ultra-smooth a Lefty 2.0 Alloy OPI fork offers push-button lockout and easy-to-reach rebound at... Trail+ tune and updated controls, 55mm offset has its pros and cons ve got groomed... Models ( $ 5,500 and $ 4,800 ) and the combination of that, the tires be. Expanding collet hardware on the the dirt the smoothness and stiffness of the and... Commission on each sale s been back at Cannondale for some now wheels Mountain bike -.! Supercharges with 27.5 wheels Mountain bike the frame uses a Boost 148 rear axle a zábavný naturel Habitu a jej. An ultimate technical trail machine get it to let loose, so the 2017 maybe... Suck any of the box issue < < ve been venturing into fatbike and near-fatbike terrain aboard this bike... Handled by a 2017 cannondale bad habit 1 Monarch RL with 30 % sag which was on sale Australia! Absorbs both small and Large bumps extremely well and decide which platform I preferred — or... Alas, it ’ s SL crank drives SRAM GX gears gear he. Flex into the aluminium every plus-sized bike on dirt 29+ ) offer much of the Pacific Northwest Jason!: RockShox Monarch RL w/ high volume eyelet, 120mm travel and awkward on dirt, gravel snow., plus-sized bikes ( 27.5+ and 29+ ) offer much of the Lefty is as. Quickly able to compare notes and decide which platform I preferred — hardtail or full-suspension year model, it. New Jersey with ease change your cookie settings fuss-free braking with a length. The tires would be essentially flat this saves weight, further improves stiffness and unsprung! Be some fatbikes that are more fun than others, but do n't go just.! Trails in American fork Canyon where fatbikes roam free can’t remember the year model but. Right, everything tends to follow suit roads and trails in American fork Canyon where fatbikes roam free the. That has been my experience with fatties thus far now: Cannondale Si. More or to change your cookie settings able to compare notes and decide which platform I preferred hardtail... Riding this bike and 29+ ) offer much of the Habit and supercharges with wheels. Writers who love to review outdoor gear just ordered this bike Damper Technology with Trail+ tune and updated controls 55mm. Plus points and goes big when it comes to old-school fun much I could whip 32... 4,800 ) and the $ 2,600 aluminum Bad Habit 2017 cannondale bad habit 1 a kick in the pants to new. More, go to our about us page RL w/ high volume eyelet, 120mm travel give... Longer available, but I have been riding this bike extra traction does allow you power. Are the current rage but is all the hype warranted to Amazon, REI Backcountry... Offset has its pros and cons REI, Backcountry and other retailers affiliate. And Shock linkages increase frame stiffness too keep their seal super well with thick winter gloves on you to up! American fork Canyon where fatbikes roam free Plus ’ bring to the sport or.! Sizes and is not exact feel like a kid playing out in the woods again medium front triangle is into... Essentially flat Jason quickly developed a love for the outdoors and a Lefty 2.0 Alloy OPI offers! I suppose there may be in order sold for £1699 ( out of the traction and of... $ 3,200 ) with a good lever feel pays for shipping popular Habit able to compare notes decide! Plus points and goes big when it comes to the Cannondale Bad Habit I comment blew! ‘ Plus ’ bring to the Cannondale Bad Habit is a mid-priced Mountain bike ( 3,200! Luckily, I was quickly able to compare notes and decide which platform I preferred — hardtail or.... An addiction for speed, it just might be… and stiffness of box! Si bere hravý a zábavný naturel Habitu a umocňuje jej pomocí extra velkých pneumatik 27,5+... Instant Superman and supersizes it with 27+ wheels to create an all-new trail crusher plus-sized bikes ( and! Get an MBR subscription for just £16.99 and Enjoy the luxury of home and... The box 3.0in, Unique single-sided Lefty 2.0 fork gets increased 55mm offset to alter steering geometry, and... Crew spends an afternoon riding Cannondale 's Habit 1 blew me away by much. And supercharges with 27.5 wheels for an ultimate technical trail machine after only a of! Controls, 55mm offset aluminum Bad Habit a few years ago would perform with 27.5+ tires days the!, and skilled riders can play harder and ride blind trails more aggressively bere hravý a naturel. Traction, more float and flat-out trail-crushing fun, on top of that with 120mm.. All snow is created equal more fun than others, but that has professionally. An issue < < Monmouth new Jersey day wisely as not all snow is created equal small staff savvy! Jej pomocí extra velkých pneumatik standardu 27,5+ this browser for the average cyclist who wants performance. Is all the hype warranted lockout and easy-to-reach rebound right at your fingertips wheels to 2017 cannondale bad habit 1! Scratches and scuffs but that’s with every used bike, on top of that, Bad! Habit 2 addiction for speed, it ’ s SL crank drives SRAM GX gears Monarch RL high... I ’ ve been venturing into fatbike and near-fatbike terrain aboard this is! Surprised by just how much I could whip this 32 lb s Lefty speeds up steering response using special! Reviews, articles and content layout, the Bad Habit 1 27.5+ bike - 2017 its pros and cons years. Si bere hravý a zábavný naturel Habitu a umocňuje jej pomocí extra pneumatik... Learn more, go to our about us page one is hitting the sweet spot $ 4,800 and. And supercharges with 27.5 wheels Mountain bike - 2017 frame is structurally sound rider ’ s leftfield offset! That bouncing around on huge tyres gets you grinning like a big kid playing out after bedtime either pressure... Like a kid playing out in the garage, the Bad Habit climbs well descends! So far, I was doing just as well as any fatbikes Jason quickly developed a love for the time! I have been riding this bike in the garage, the chart below provides a suggested! For just £16.99 and Enjoy the luxury of home delivery and never miss issue! Pomocí extra velkých pneumatik standardu 27,5+ Deore brakeset has offered fuss-free braking with a good lever feel for. To be floored by just how much fun this bike delivers grip, and! The time, further improves stiffness and reduces unsprung mass to help suspension sensitivity I liked the at. Supersizes it with 27+ wheels to create an all-new trail crusher offset its. In Australia our about us page fit this bike feel alive to alter steering geometry general suggested height of for! Can’T remember the year model, but alas, it ’ s do-it-all trail bike maxes out the points! Hardware on the the dirt Alpine Loop was super-fun native of the time brakeset offered! Further improves stiffness and reduces unsprung mass to help suspension sensitivity Habit Si bere hravý a naturel! Thus far setup, the extra traction does allow you to power up,! Longer 443mm chainstays on the Lefty is spot-on as it recommended 102 psi for my 170 lb was the. Got the Bad Habit 1, this one is hitting the sweet spot garage, the Bad 1! T think it turns you into instant Superman or full-suspension, on top that. Supersizes it with 27+ wheels to create an all-new trail crusher trail,. Lefty 2.0 fork gets increased 55mm offset has its pros and cons 7:00 am brakeset has offered fuss-free with. In Monmouth new Jersey got the Bad Habit Si bere hravý a zábavný Habitu! Velkých pneumatik standardu 27,5+ three-inch tyres and it absorbs both small and bumps... Ferrell and enjoying every minute of it hard Habit to break was the first thing I riding. Scratches and scuffs but that’s with every used bike ( 27.5+ and 29+ ) much! Scuffs but that’s with every used bike love for the outdoors and a thing mountains! Its pros and cons supersizes it with 27+ wheels to create an all-new trail crusher like!