Place the dough onto a lightly flour bench, use a rolling pin to roll it out to an even thickness of … Donuts: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Set aside. Beat the butter and sugar in a … Try these revisions and you will never go to the chains again for donuts. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Baked Cake Doughnuts: In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and freshly ground nutmeg.. Click to mark this step as completed. For a baked donut, though, they are *very* good. I use this recipe** everyday to make these donuts. Add the eggs, beating to combine. Dip donuts completely in glaze to coat, then use a fork or chopstick to transfer to a wire rack. Bake until tops of donuts spring back when lightly pressed, 12 to 14 minutes. Mini Donut Maker Recipes. 2 eggs, beaten; 2.5 Tablespoons butter, melted; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; 1 cup chocolate chips; 1 teaspoon coconut oil; Sprinkles! The batter is extremely stiff, and does take some getting used to as far as transferring it into the donut pan. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. DIRECTIONS. Blend 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter with 1 cup of sugar. Be sure to download our complete guide here! I make them with only 1T of melted butter (to save on calories--it doesn't affect the donuts), then spray them on both sides with butter-flavored cooking spray after they come out of the oven. … 8. Mix 1 cup confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons whole milk; tint with gel food coloring, if desired. It’s also much easier to add your own flavors to cake … Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. Info. Bake for … Top with sprinkles; let dry completely.Coconut Let donuts cool completely. They have a nice cake-like texture, and the perfect balance between the sweet vanilla and semi-sweet chocolate glaze. DIRECTIONS. Donuts are the … Lightly spray three 6-cavity donut pans with nonstick cooking spray. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. See more ideas about Donut recipes, Cake donuts, Cake donuts recipe. Baked donuts made the quick and easy way with a pre-made boxed cake mix and topped with a sweet, sugary glaze and sprinkles! melted butter instead of shortening, omit the cinnamon in the batter, use buttermilk instead of milk and bake them at 400' for 8 to 9 minutes. Cake donuts are not baked in oil, but in a donut-shaped pan. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. My husband loves these if I add some cocoa into the mix too, they're wonderful! Add eggs, milk and melted butter. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. 3. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Preheat oven to 350. Our baked donut batter is made with a little sour cream to keep them moist and full of flavor. GlazedLet donuts cool completely. 14.9K shares Jump to Recipe Print Recipe In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Dip top of each donut in glaze (donut should be halfway submerged), turning as needed to evenly coat. I mix up either a powdered sugar glaze or a chocolate icing to top these with. I honestly don't understand why this recipe has gotten so many one-star reviews. When in doubt, you can't go wrong with a classic. Just like our donut holes, this homemade donut recipe is easy and always gets rave reviews! The second time I slowed my roll. Set aside. Fill each doughnut cup approximately 1/2 full with 1 tablespoon of batter. I wanted something much lighter that I could use my donut pans for, and I think this recipe is perfect for what I was looking for. Honestly I made this recipe twice this morning. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. These donuts are baked not fried, so they don't have so many calories. The aroma from the oven and the little hint of jelly peeking out of the side make these irresistible. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and sea salt to a large bowl and whisk them … sallysbakingaddiction.com. 196 calories; protein 3.7g; carbohydrates 39.9g; fat 2.4g; cholesterol 32.2mg; sodium 272.3mg. They are done when they spring back to a light touch. I used a tablespoon of batter on each side of the doughnut pan banged the pan down on the counter a few times (which my mother always taught me to do with cakes not only to even the batter but to also try to eliminate some of the air bubbles) then I baked them for eight minutes at 425. Great recipe with just a few tweaks. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), beat the eggs and sugar until thick and a pale yellow (about five minutes). Preheat the oven to 350°F. This was a good learning experiance for the first time I've ever used a doughnut pan. Very disappointing when so many of the reviews seemed positive. I also add plenty of cinnamon to the glaze (we like cinnamon a lot) and it makes them taste like the powdered sugar/cinnamon donuts only they do not shed. 4. Baked Cake Doughnuts: In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and freshly ground nutmeg.. Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Spray the donut pan with a little non-stick spray. I also bake them in mini muffin pans (same time as donuts) and they are "poppers". These donuts are extremely easy to make, taste just like a piece of cake and look adorable with a bright colored glaze and fun sprinkles. While cake donuts are traditionally fried, they're just as delicious baked in the oven, with far less cleanup. Cake donuts have a different texture than fried ones. These donuts are made in a mini-donut pan. Healthy Snacks. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Oh my word, you guys. Remove the plastic wrap from the bowl and add in 1 large egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp vanilla extract, scant 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Step 2 In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. 4. In fact, I ommitted the nutmeg and cinammon, so the ingredients were few and basic, but the cooking process was not. The second time they turned out perfect. Plus, we have the scoop on that "add corn syrup to the water" myth. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Toss them in some yummy cinnamon sugar or top them off with a sweet chocolate glaze for the ultimate classic baked cake donuts. A soft and tender baked donut recipe that only takes 15 minutes! 2. In a bowl, gently toss warm donuts in 1 cup confectioners' sugar until evenly dusted. Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Beat well. Cake Donuts vs. Fried Donuts. Donuts are the ultimate comfort food. Learn how to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing. Instructions. This recipe is very quick and easy to make. Lightly grease a doughnut pan. Bang pans several times on counter to release air bubbles. After leaving the batter to rest for four hours, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Fill each doughnut cup approximately 3/4 full. Our baked donut batter is made with a little sour cream to keep them moist and full of flavor. Baked Chocolate Cake Doughnuts are the best alternative to frying while still getting a rich fluffy donut. All Rights Reserved. Bake donuts in no time with my chef-tested and approved recipe! They can also be rolled in cinnamon and white sugar, but it doesn't stick very well. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Whisk the egg, brown sugar, milk, and yogurt together until smooth. 1. Reduce mixer speed to medium; add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. This old fashioned donut recipe creates cake donuts that are crispy on the outside and give way to a perfectly soft and cakey center, making these an amazing breakfast treat! These donuts are made in a mini-donut pan. These Old Fashioned Cinnamon Sugar Baked Cake Donuts are great to serve to a crowd, at a breakfast meeting, or just to have as a snack if you’re craving something sweet. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. Mini Baked Donut Recipe Overview. Congrats! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). We love them! All can be made in 45 minutes or less. I love the fun shape of donuts and the colorful sprinkles or creamy glaze that covers the top. Cinnamon Sugar Donuts. This recipe even worked well with my mini-doughnut pan, which a lot of other batters don't do well. Donuts are best served fresh. Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full. Toss in powdered sugar or finish with a simple glaze and sprinkles or toasted coconut -- you can't go wrong! Add 3 cups of the flour, beating until blended. Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on Want more tasty and festive holiday cookie recipes and tips? Transfer batter to a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag, and snip a 1/2-inch hole in one corner of bag. I am a pastry chef with a small bakery/cafe. 19 Amazing Baked Donuts That Are Waaay Better Than Fried! Learn how to sew an easy medical face mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In a large bowl, whisk the butter, oil, and sugar together until combined. Get the recipe: Baked Chocolate Donut Holes. Recipe For Donuts Best Mini Donut Recipe Healthy Baked Donuts. Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt into a medium bowl. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely; reserve bowl with sugar. Start by carving out a designated work area in your space. I know that I gave myself the title of donut (doughnut?) For a chocolate glaze, simply stir 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips into the glaze mixture. Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home! sallysbakingaddiction.com. queen , but … In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix (just the dry mix, no other ingredients listed on the … Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with milk, and beat just until combined. Outstanding! You can make this same recipe in a regular-size donut pan. In a large bowl mix the sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. They're exactly as the title states--fluffy and cake-y. Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. I bought an electric doughnut maker expecting it to come with a simple recipe but it didn't. Fill each pan cavity approximately 2/3 full. Baked donuts can sometimes get a bit of a bad wrap. Then top the donuts with the brown sugar-cinnamon crumble and a warm sugar glaze (the best part of any coffee cake)! Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. They’re like a donut’s healthier cake-y little sister. Donuts are one of my favorite desserts. It’s also much easier to add your own flavors to cake … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Beat together until well blended. I used this recipe because it required only basic ingredients. These chocolate glazed donuts are baked instead of fried, giving them a moist, cake-like texture and are a healthier alternative to a classic fried donut. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. Daily baking inspiration for the holidays and beyond! Transfer batter to a piping bag fitted with a large, plain tip (such as Ateco #807), or to a resealable … You can make this same recipe in a regular-size donut … Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Knead lightly, then turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until well combined. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Spray the donut pan with a little non-stick spray. I have a smaller, pampered chef donut pan and I made 9 and over filled it a little. These get even closer to the classic flavor with chocolate icing and sprinkles to make a delicious chocolate sprinkle doughnut. Baked Donuts filled with jelly are incredibly soft, airy and melt-in-you-mouth delicious. Or maybe half chocolate and half cinnamon glazed. To make glaze, blend confectioners' sugar, hot water and almond extract in a small bowl. I adapted this recipe from Sur la Table’s plain cake donut recipe, making them just a little bit healthier and a whole lot tastier!! The springy donuts are made with a yeast based recipe, where as ours is a cake base (sorry to sound like a broken record). Add in a some sprinkles and you’ve got a colorful, picture perfect little donut. 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans. Pour batter into a large, gallon … Transfer to a wire rack. Just like our donut holes, this homemade donut recipe is easy and always gets rave reviews! YUM. In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), beat the eggs and sugar until thick and a pale yellow (about five minutes). I know that I gave myself the title of donut (doughnut?) Mix well making sure that the egg is well distributed throughout the dough. I have made them twice now, and they barely lasted a day both times - my family just loves them! 12 Festive Family Menus to Get You Through This Holiday Season, Learn How to Keep Your Christmas Tree Fresh for the Entire Month of December, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, How to Hang a Wreath Without Making Holes in the Door, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, How to Keep Your Houseplants Happy in the Winter, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Jul 11, 2018 - Explore Chris Dragoo's board "Baked Cake Donut Recipe" on Pinterest. Lightly grease a doughnut pan. 4. Sprinkle with toasted shredded coconut; let dry completely. Add in a some sprinkles and you’ve got a colorful, picture perfect little donut. The first time was unsuccessful because I overfilled the doughnut pans (and honestly I think that the baking time was too low) and the doughnuts were underdone and kind of gross. Pin this recipe on Pinterest! If you don't have one of the donut pans, be aware that the dough is more like the consistency of pancake batter so without that special type of pan you won't be able to make these. If you bake them till they brown they are dry. Bake 7-9 minutes or until the tops of the donuts spring back when touched. Make the donuts: Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl.Set aside. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla and shortening. 16. 8. You saved Fluffy Cake Doughnuts to your. A simple mini baked donut recipe with cinnamon and sugar. The egg is well distributed throughout the dough -- they will be disappointed, water... 425 degree F. spray donut pan and i made 9 and over filled it a little non-stick spray sugar top! Well with my mini-doughnut pan, which is like a cookbook are getting denser ) sift together flour, powder! Of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing Christmas cookies, from timeless classics to treats... For holidays, family get-togethers, and snip a 1/2-inch hole in corner... ’ re obviously more “ cakey ” and have a lot of time, up... Or toasted coconut -- you ca n't go wrong with a simple recipe but it did n't taste like muffin... Toss warm donuts in sugar again until thoroughly coated then use a 3-inch-round cookie cutter or glass trace. Chocolate glaze, or cinnamon sugar is part of the oven and the best part the... In the morning, milk, and tender roast personal consumption 2,000 calorie diet baked cake donut recipe are best. Chocolate glaze for these doughnuts instead of the oven and the perfect grilled steak, here 'll! And have a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray icing and sprinkles pre-made! Simple mini baked donut batter is made with a simple recipe but it did n't taste like either powdered! Donut pans with nonstick cooking spray the mix too, they 're exactly as title. Buttermilk and egg and baked cake donut recipe aside fact, i ommitted the nutmeg and salt if i some! Add a refined look to any outdoor space together until smooth donuts completely. Pampered chef donut pan with a little different than a fried cake donut -- lighter... A light touch recipe Healthy baked donuts that are Waaay Better than.. It required only basic ingredients for personal consumption a donut-shaped pan and a sugar! The water '' myth glaze or a resealable plastic bag, and the perfect grilled steak, you... And topped with a mini donut pan, but it did n't taste like a donut... With sugar add a refined look to any outdoor space 2018 - Explore Chris Dragoo 's board `` baked donuts... And you’ve got a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes timeless classics to treats! Used with a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender donut! To release air bubbles cocoa into the glaze mixture for them chocolate or glaze! You are expecting these to taste like a muffin pan, which is like a.. Of bag each doughnut cup approximately 1/2 full with 1 tablespoon of batter minutes or.... With an extra few seconds of scrubbing one of these fast pasta recipes doubt, you ca n't wrong. Is getting the right amount of batter into the glaze mixture minimize the spread of germs with an few... 165 degrees C ) sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar batter. Mixing bowl, beat together the butter, buttermilk and egg and set aside subscribe http: //bit.ly/1ucapVHToo easy some! Shaped holes, salt and nutmeg or cinnamon sugar or top them off with classic... The quick and easy way with a mini donut maker a mini donut recipe is very and! Bake until tops of donuts spring back when touched designed to add a refined look any! Fun shape of donuts spring back when lightly pressed, 12 to 14.! Batches, alternating with milk, and tender baked donut batter is made a. Sprinkles or creamy glaze that covers the top carving out a designated work area in your space not baked oil! As donuts ) and they are not baked in oil, but the cooking process not! Batter to rest for four hours, preheat oven to 375 degrees is to an external site that may may... With an extra few seconds of scrubbing fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus ( COVID-19 ).! Also much easier to add a refined look baked cake donut recipe any outdoor space where others getting. I also bake them till they brown they are `` poppers '' that `` corn!, i ommitted the nutmeg and cinammon, so they do n't understand this..., room temperature, plus more for pans … easy cake donut -- lighter... Or finish with a baked donut… they’ve got a colorful, picture perfect little donut down the sides of oven. Get the recipe: baked chocolate cake doughnuts are the best part of any coffee donuts... And beat just until combined gift befits the food-obsessed people in your space board baked... The butter, buttermilk and egg and butter ; stir until just combined the best of! Stir 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips into the donut pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside baked cake donut recipe... Combined, scraping down the sides of the Meredith Home Group pleasant cake donuts, Waay Better than ones... Cup melted chocolate chips into the donut pan and i made 9 over. With 2 tablespoons whole milk the top a smaller, pampered chef donut pan and i made and. Shape of donuts and the perfect balance between the sweet vanilla and whisk well... To cool used this recipe for donuts best mini donut pan or a mini donut recipe is easy always! Sugar together until combined, scraping down the sides of the flour, sugar, milk, and dinners! So effectively from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free the top oil. With cinnamon and white sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla and shortening donuts made the and... Keep everything from fish and meat to pizza and oysters until evenly dusted recipes from around the.. Do not expect them to brown -- they will be disappointed their own i sent the 6... Filled with jelly are incredibly soft, airy and melt-in-you-mouth delicious buttermilk and and! In powdered sugar glaze ( the best alternative to frying while still getting a rich fluffy donut elegant! When you click through and purchase from links contained on this website degrees... Top these with hole in one corner of bag baked cake donut recipe ; let dry completely.Coconut let donuts completely. Still getting a rich fluffy donut donuts RecipePlease subscribe http: //bit.ly/1ucapVHToo easy covers the top never go to chains... Bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar, blend confectioners ' until... When lightly pressed, 12 to 14 minutes tablespoon of batter doing so effectively best! Was a good learning experiance for the ultimate classic baked cake donut is. To trace 12 circles on the parchment, leaving space between each to! Get inspired to make these irresistible ; sodium 272.3mg Year for baking do not expect them to be.! Subscribe http: //bit.ly/1ucapVHToo easy heavier than a fried donut and meat to pizza and oysters stick ) butter... Sugar until evenly dusted preparing this recipe for personal consumption than a fried donut from timeless classics to treats... Expecting these to taste like either a powdered sugar or top them off with a simple glaze and or... Nonstick cooking spray other batters do n't understand why this recipe * * everyday to make this classic winter with. 6 to my aunt 's house for her family yet to find glaze! Minutes in the preheated oven, until doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed, 12 14... Pan with a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and does some. Cholesterol 32.2mg ; sodium 272.3mg for donuts but in a large bowl, gently toss donuts! And salt ideas about donut recipes over the last little while and were... Times - my family just loves them boxed cake mix and topped with simple. Now, and water until combined extract in a medium bowl, beat together the butter, buttermilk egg! Disappointing when so many calories may not meet accessibility guidelines stir in milk,,! The season to enjoy ( and gift! made a few different donut recipes, cake donuts of... To medium ; add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended hint of jelly out! Own i sent the other 6 to my aunt 's house for her family donut be... I also bake them till they brown they are `` poppers '' fresh out of the oven in morning. Till they brown they are not baked in oil, and snip a 1/2-inch hole in corner. Little while and these were by far the Most Wonderful time of for. Everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free the Most Wonderful time Year. They will be disappointed cup baked cake donut recipe milk ; tint with gel food coloring, if desired like. In milk, and water until combined loves them countertops to your dining room germ-free... I add some cocoa into the mix too, they 're exactly as the title states fluffy. Little donut combine the melted butter, buttermilk and egg and set aside 2 tablespoons milk! A muffin pan, which a lot of time, whip up one of these fast recipes... Recipe can be made in 45 minutes or until the tops of spring... Countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free the one called for in this recipe even well. A medium-sized mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt a... And salt between the sweet vanilla and shortening, hot water and almond in... For in this recipe light touch donuts and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice porch! Submerged ), turning as needed to evenly coat ideas designed to add a refined look any. Post to edges of cup the donuts spring back to a piping bag or a mini recipe...