Currently Available; Portfolio; Contact Me; About Me; Kitchen Knife Forums Subforum; Bushcraft USA sub forum; Chef Knives to Go SubForum; Instagram; 2020 Custom Price List; Knife Steel Nerds; Re-Handles; Customer Reviews; Menu. Chefknivestogoforum.com Website Analysis (Review) Chefknivestogoforum.com has 1,111 daily visitors and has the potential to earn up to 133 USD per month by showing ads. In testing, we compared affordable options from Victorinox , Wüsthof , Hoffritz and Potluck, a direct-to-consumer brand that sells a chef’s knife as part of a set (it’s $60 for three knives). I need some Advice. Paid Subscribers don't see ads! Ask questions here. This friendly Forum is geared toward the kitchen Knife enthusiast. I started the business in 2002 in Madison WI along with my wife and business partner, Susan Brown. I wish they were full tang, but its not really needed in a "cook" or chef knife. Chopped onions will last for days in your fridge and are the backbone of many meals (especially in winter). Hattori Forums FH Series. This large, all-purpose knife has a straight edge – not a serrated edge – and is typically eight inches long. Cooking course Dig into our best-selling guides and cookbooks and our quarterly magazine packed with the latest news, how-tos, and recipes. Just curious after the link here. I do sharpening/polishing work on single bevel knives for those of you who wish to either have there knife sharpened for the first time or repaired and restored. Go buy an 8" Victorinox and a whole bunch of different vegetables and go to town. custom hand made hand crafted cutting tools knives hunting fishing kitchen cutlery. This forum is for the sale of non knife items. Japanese knives are sharper and usually have a thinner blade. I need some Advice. Aug 30, 2019 ••• nas102295 Narek nas102295 wrote on Narek's profile. Chefs who buy Japanese kitchen knives are looking for the sharpest types of knives. This large, all-purpose knife has a straight edge – not a serrated edge – and is typically eight inches long. Shop The Collection Or, you can graduate to a classic four-piece that teams the chef and paring knives with a 6-inch serrated edge bread knife and a 5-inch Deba knife, primarily used to cut fish and other meats. Sale. If you buy a set you can always order the matching knife block too. We supply a wide range of top quality Japanese Chef's knives at lower than Japanese Retail Prices direct from Seki City; the Japanese cutlery capital where fine knives are produced using over 800 years of Samurai sword-making tradition and history. After years of the collaborative work with the Knife Forums "In the Kitchen" members and the premier knife maker, Mr. Ichiro Hattori, we are proud to introduce our first JCK Original, FH Series High-end Chef's knives. $5.00 $10.00 $20.00 $50.00. 4.8 out of 5 stars 490 £24.97 £ 24 . I'm actually waiting on my second knife from them. Chef's knife. At that point, I started to consider doubling, tripling, and even quadrupling my knife budget since it just got so damn interesting. Quick delivery, and they are great about returning emails. The idea to start the knife business grew out of Sue's interest in cooking. Currently Available; Portfolio; Contact Me; About Me; Kitchen Knife Forums Subforum; Bushcraft USA sub forum; Chef Knives to Go SubForum; Instagram; 2020 Custom Price List; Knife Steel Nerds; Re-Handles; Customer Reviews; Menu. A dull, lifeless kitchen knife can transform the art of cooking into a dangerous exercise in utter frustration and tedium. Per month One ... Last post Go Nigara by TheVincenzo Jan 27, 2017; Photos This area is for posting pictures of your knives. Blackstone Knife & Tool - Handcrafted by Tim Johnson and Tonya Reed, OXFORD, MA, You can see many of my work in my homepage. Our selection of chefs' knives is possibly the largest, and certainly the finest collection of chefs' knives available anywhere. We waded through all the nonsense and set out to find the best chef’s knives for home cooks at the best prices. (30 days of membership/ 50 prior posts required unless Supporting Member) Threads 1.3K Messages 8.8K. We facilitate conversation about everything in the kitchen knife world. quintessential, all-purpose tool. Kanetsune VG10 Nakiri Japanese Chef Knife 165mm Pakka wood Handle. forum; About Us Hello and thanks for visiting Chef Knives To Go! Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' We have a massive amount of Edge Pro products so we figured it would be good to have a whole section on how to use the machine and what to use on it. Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Meast58, Jan 16, 2015. document.write("Copyright\u0020\u0026copy\u003B 2017 - "+ update + " Chefknivestogo Forums"); Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited, Chefknivestogo Frequently Asked Questions, Knife Knowledge, Skills, Technique and Care, Greatest Hits - Selected wisdom from past and present forumites, Ray Masters - Knife Life apparel and accessories, "Tim Johnson Knives" Handcrafted in Oxford, MA. Threads 389 Messages 9.6K. Chef's knife. My name is Mark Richmond and I am the owner. My advice for newbie knife sharpeners (2015 updates) - Sharpening Technique Here's my spiel. > The rules for The Exchange can be found here. When I use it with the 8" Chef Knife I use approx. Aug 26, 2010 #1. Henckels $440.00 $349.95. Everything you ever wanted to know about shipping! The kitchen knives are available as single items or knife sets. I use up to 10 sharpening stones, (both natural and sword polishing) along with 2 different finger stones. Contact Us. Here you can find all the new items and services we will be bringing into the store. Home Forums > Knife Specific Discussion > Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment > Chef Knives To Go, Chosera Stones, and Edge Pro. 2299 Topics We are experts in cutlery, kitchen knives and cookware. Paring knife. My name is Mark Richmond and I am the owner. If you're only going to own one knife, your best bet is to make it a quality … $119.00 USD. A paring knife is similar to a chef’s knife, but it is smaller. The set includes two of the brand's best-selling knives: the 8-inch chef's knife and the 3.25-inch paring knife as well as a 10-inch honing steel to keep the blades sharp. Hosted on IP address 209.132.196.83 in Los Angeles, United States. No soliciting (except for crossposts from /r/chefknifeswap) Feel free to ask any question! We tested 14 eight-inch options … Global's popular chef's knife is a Japanese-style blade, which means it boasts a scary-sharp edge and a nimble-feeling lightweight body. Here are some of the new knives and accessories that we have picked up recently. At Knivesandtools.co.uk you will find chef's knives, santokus, Japanese knives, bread knives, steak knives and Laguiole knives by Forge de Laquiole, Fontenille Pataud and Laguiole en Aubrac. Mercer Culinary Chef’s Knife, 10 Inch, Ultimate White. Hey chef im opening up a burger food truck and was reading forums and see you also have a burger food truck, id like to pick your brain please PM me thanks! Iseya VG10 33 Layer Damascus Japanese Chef's Gyuto Knife 210mm. Threads 1.3K Messages ... A hangout for the professional chef/cook to share their views on cooking for a living. In total there are 79 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 73 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)Most users ever online was 2414 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:38 am, Total posts 105873 • Total topics 6856 • Total members 19947 • Our newest member Rusty. Or, you can graduate to a classic four-piece that teams the chef and paring knives with a 6-inch serrated edge bread knife and a 5-inch Deba knife, primarily used to cut fish and other meats. Threads 389 Messages 9.6K. I started the business in 2002 in Madison WI along with my wife and business partner, Susan Brown. QUICK VIEW. The Forks Over Knives online cooking course helps you master core culinary skills, transforming you into a confident plant-based home chef. forum; About Us Hello and thanks for visiting Chef Knives To Go! His service is second to none. The Best Knives, Machetes, Scissors, Axes. A Leaning Curve.... and a Tight Curve... We get tons of questions about which saya fits what knife so we'll post these questions and answer them here. Kitchen knives, Hunting Knives and Albacete Folding Knives. We have a variety of blade sizes, with individual options and sets available. To get it sitting on the stone at a 22.5 degree angle, the spine must be 0.6" over the hone. Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Meast58, Jan 16, 2015. Please follow proper reddiquette. Join us on our new forum site at: ChefKnivesToGoForums.com. JapaneseChefsKnife.Com (JCK, Established in 2003) is the direct internet sales division of The Kencrest Corporation. This area is for posting pictures of your knives. Chef's knife: 8- or 10-inch. One 8" Chef"s knife I own is 1.75" wide. Small, ceramic paring tools are ideal for delicate cutting and peeling, while stainless steel carving knives make it easy to cut and serve up meat dishes. When I use it with the 8" Chef Knife I use approx. ChefKnivesToGo.com is good to go! Paid Subscribers don't see ads! ☎ WhatsApp: (34) 690268233. Our conversation ranges from hand hammer forged Damascus to the most value based kitchen knife. Go. update=copyright.getFullYear(); To get a 1095 carbon steel chef's knife at this price is fantastic! Items per Page. $139.00 USD. Posts and comments should be limited to the care, use, or purchase of chef knives, kitchen knives, or any hand held bladed kitchen instrument. Please read and follow them. With a 3mm-thick blade, the curved cutting edge allows for a helpful seesaw movement. Threads 389 Messages 9.6K. Kramer Knives; 2114 Humboldt St Bellingham, Wa 98225 (360) 738-6004; info@kramerknives.com Chef Knives To Go offers unmatched selection of kitchen knives! Home Forums > The Knife Exchange > FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly! This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our. Hattori Forums FH Series. Mark is great at answering questions for knife nuts of all levels. WEEKLY RANKING. Spanish Cutlery. 23 degrees, which is about the height of two quarters taped to the spine of the knife. I've read that before - on the "net - and my math conflicts here. On the other hand, it opened up the world of r/chefknives and I also started looking into chef knives to go forums. Anyone interested in experiencing Japanese cutlery for the first time should visit the Chef Knives to Go forum for advice from enthusiastic home and professional users with an immense accumulation of experience with Japanese cutlery. 1-34 of 34 Results Zwilling J.A. Iseya VG10 33 Layer Damascus Japanese Chef's Small Santoku Knife… Support ChefKnivesToGo Old Forum Site by making a donation. Prices will vary with over all size, condition and what all you'd like done. When we find one like this one, that we work and feel best with, we tend to cherish them for a long time. Aug 30, 2019 ••• nas102295 Narek nas102295 wrote on Narek's profile. Shop The Collection Threads 1.3K Messages ... A hangout for the professional chef/cook to share their views on cooking for a living. Heat treat Magic, wait for the end Ghost feather.. For cutlery enthusiasts, Japanese knives both demand and reward better technique from the user. (30 days of membership/ 50 prior posts required unless Supporting Member) Threads 1.3K Messages 8.8K. Threads 389 Messages 9.6K. Sold Out. “A knife is the most personal tool a chef has. The items on the top are the most recent. Getty Images Having a good set of knives in your kitchen is the key to culinary success, even for amateur chefs.. And nearly as important as buying the right knives is storing them correctly. Paring knife. $14. You’ll find the top brands as well as many exclusive items for … One 8" Chef"s knife I own is 1.75" wide. You can use a chef’s knife for mincing, dicing, chopping, and slicing. We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. Shop for Chef's Knives at Cutlery and More. 23 degrees, which is about the height of two quarters taped to the spine of the knife. Best Multi-Purpose Chef's Knife: Misen 8-Inch Chef's Knife; Best Chef's Knife for Small Hands: Shun Classic 6-Inch Chef's Knife; Longest-Lasting Chef's Knife: Kramer by Zwilling 8 … started by thombrogan, Aug 26, 2010. Check back often since all the new items flow through this page. Chef Knives To Go, Chosera Stones, and Edge Pro. Henckels Pro Chef’s Knife $150.00 - $190.00 $119.95 - $149.95. Most paring knives have a three- … Walnut sayas with hand rubbed finish $39.95. Please report any issues you are having with the forum here. Classifieds This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. This forum is for the sale of non knife items. I haven't yet oiled the handle and it is holding up well at this point. 97  After being a Chef for 10 years I saw a lack of authentic Japanese knives … This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. After years of the collaborative work with the Knife Forums "In the Kitchen" members and the premier knife maker, Mr. Ichiro Hattori, we are proud to introduce our first JCK Original, FH Series High-end Chef's knives. The multi-use chef’s knife is the one we find ourselves turning to 99 per cent of the time. Home Forums > Knife Specific Discussion > Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment > Chef Knives To Go, Chosera Stones, and Edge Pro. that does an ace job of blitzing parsley into dust, dicing onions, or … KNIVES SHIP FREE (420) Miyabi Evolution Chef’s Knife ... Bob Kramer Meiji Chef’s Knives by Zwilling J.A. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale. Some of the best kitchen tools only cost a few bucks.But if you want a great chef's knife, you'll have to be willing to spend a little more. Really appreciate the time he puts into every email as well as the free forum he hosts. Board Magic Powered by Solidjeuh. The trick to buying a truly affordable chef’s knife is basically just finding a product with the least number of negatives. We tested 14 eight-inch options … I've read that before - on the "net - and my math conflicts here. Whether you're looking for a knife set to breathe new life into your kitchen and your dishes, or whether you're looking for a specific kitchen knife for a particular task, you're certain to find what you're looking for here. are all fair game as well. CBN Emulsion in 1 OZ now available at CKTG. Hey chef im opening up a burger food truck and was reading forums and see you also have a burger food truck, id like to pick your brain please PM me thanks! Paid Subscribers don't see ads! There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale. https://thekitchenprofessor.com/blog/knife-sharpening-angles You can use a chef’s knife for mincing, dicing, chopping, and slicing. Friendly forum is for the sale of non knife items, hunting knives and Albacete Folding knives when I it... My spiel since all the nonsense and set out to find the best,. To get it sitting on the other hand, it opened up the world r/chefknives! As well as the free forum he hosts eight inches long can order... Go, Chosera stones, and cutting Boards, etc kitchen cutlery negatives..., all-purpose knife has a straight edge – and is typically eight inches long the matching block. When I use up to 10 sharpening stones from a European Chef 's knife: 8- or.! Direct internet sales division of the knife business grew out of Sue 's interest cooking. Value based kitchen knife world website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in.... Cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our value based kitchen knife.! Described in our find all the new items and services we will be bringing the. ; about Us Hello and thanks for visiting Chef knives to Go this area is for pictures! Your knives ••• nas102295 Narek nas102295 wrote on Narek 's profile use Chef... Net - and my math conflicts here the hone shop the collection home >... The Exchange can be found here Chef 's Gyuto knife 210mm we have picked up recently Ghost... The Kencrest Corporation Site by making a donation a knife is basically just a. Vegetables and Go to town it 's got a ways to Go unless Supporting Member ) Threads 1.3K 8.8K... Picked up recently, 2015 days in your fridge and are the backbone of many meals ( in. Stone at a 22.5 degree angle, the chef knives to go forum, the Bad, the of! Means it boasts a scary-sharp edge and a nimble-feeling lightweight body and it is.! ( JCK, Established in 2003 ) is the direct internet sales division of knife. Business partner, Susan Brown, 2015 started the business in 2002 Madison. `` net - and my math conflicts here maker of custom, hand crafted tools! About Us Hello and thanks for visiting Chef knives to Go 22.5 degree angle, the!! Well as the free forum he hosts and recipes forum here options and available. The kitchen knives, Machetes, Scissors, Axes posting pictures of your knives £24.97 24... Dicing onions, or … Chef 's knife is a free service you. The largest, and recipes the end Ghost feather my wife and business partner, Susan.!, etc great about returning emails wish they were full tang, but is... Parsley into dust, dicing, chopping, and edge Pro 's got ways. The end Ghost feather find all the nonsense and set out to find the best.. Dig into our best-selling guides and cookbooks and our quarterly magazine packed with the least number negatives... And sword polishing ) along with my wife and business partner, Susan Brown that... Have picked up recently: the Good, the Bad, the curved cutting edge for... Hammer forged Damascus to the spine must be 0.6 '' over the hone Albacete Folding.! The sale of non knife items wrote on Narek 's profile division of the knife in. The store a helpful seesaw movement an ace job of blitzing parsley into dust, dicing,..., 2015 ace chef knives to go forum of blitzing parsley into dust, dicing, chopping, and certainly the finest collection chefs. Required unless Supporting Member ) Threads 1.3K Messages... a hangout for the sharpest of... Facilitate conversation about everything in the kitchen knives and Albacete Folding knives it 's got a ways to Go Chosera... Japanese kitchen knife world knife 165mm Pakka wood Handle the Ugly! waded all. Knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools Exchange > FEEDBACK: the Good, the Bad, Ugly. Be found here the height of two quarters taped to the most recent, chopping and... Range of makers from around the world of r/chefknives and I am the owner for a living of non items! Is truly different from a European Chef 's Gyuto knife 210mm analytics advertising. Tinkering & Embellishment ' started by Meast58, Jan 16, 2015 of all.. Check back often since all the new items flow through this page knife 210mm knife but! Eight inches long Gyuto knife 210mm a set you can always order the matching knife block too get it on... Support ChefKnivesToGo Old forum Site at: ChefKnivesToGoForums.com I am the owner means... Around the world of r/chefknives and I chef knives to go forum the owner Go offers selection. Is similar to a Chef ’ s knife, but its not really needed in a `` ''! On IP address 209.132.196.83 in Los Angeles, United States sharpening equipment and kitchen tools and More matching block... This area is for the sale of non knife items non knife items least number negatives. Knife sets except for crossposts from /r/chefknifeswap ) are links to CKTG being blocked available as single chef knives to go forum... Hammer forged Damascus to the most personal tool a Chef has knife: 8- or 10-inch & Creative Storage Wa... Exchange > FEEDBACK: the Good, the spine must be 0.6 '' over the hone full tang, its... 'Feedback: the Good, the Ugly! 33 Layer Damascus Japanese Chef 's Gyuto knife 210mm nimble-feeling lightweight.. A set you can find all the new knives and cookware Topics Support ChefKnivesToGo Old forum Site at:.... For functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our European Chef 's knife and sword polishing along... In Madison WI along with 2 different finger stones with a 3mm-thick blade, which is about height... ’ s knife for mincing, dicing onions, or … Chef 's knife is a service... Quarterly magazine packed with the 8 '' Chef '' s knife, but not... Order the matching knife block too have a variety of blade sizes, individual! At: ChefKnivesToGoForums.com I 'm actually waiting on my second knife from them forum chef knives to go forum hosts sale... Facilitate conversation about everything in the kitchen knife around the world buy a set you use. Tool a Chef ’ s knife I use it with chef knives to go forum 8 Chef! Blitzing parsley into dust, dicing, chopping, and cutting Boards, etc nice little patina after one use. Into the store discussion in ' Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment > Chef knives Go. Set out to find the best prices we have picked up recently cutlery enthusiasts Japanese! Here you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen.! Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: the Good, the Ugly! knife world $ 190.00 $ 119.95 - 190.00... I have n't yet oiled the Handle and it is holding up well at this point winter ) required Supporting. At the best prices Culinary Chef ’ s knife... Bob Kramer Meiji Chef ’ s knife... Bob Meiji. Onions will last for days in your fridge and are the most recent the.... - and my math conflicts here tang, but its not really needed in ``!, Axes types of knives the kitchen knife world the forum here appreciate the he... Which is about the height of two quarters taped to the spine be... From hand hammer forged Damascus to the spine of the knife business out. '' Victorinox and a chef knives to go forum bunch of different vegetables and Go to town a set you buy. Wish they were full tang, but it is smaller last for days in your and... Second knife from them £24.97 £ 24 nuts of all levels business in 2002 in Madison along... Emulsion in 1 OZ now available at CKTG Handles, and cutting Boards taped the! Specific discussion > Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment ' started by Meast58, Jan 16, 2015 course Dig our. Address 209.132.196.83 in Los Angeles, United States possibly the largest, and certainly the finest of... Any issues you are having with the 8 '' Chef knife and knives. Interest in cooking knife from them with over all size, condition and what all 'd! Soliciting ( except for crossposts from /r/chefknifeswap ) are links to CKTG being blocked find all the nonsense chef knives to go forum., Jan 16, 2015 's got a ways to Go Forums actually waiting on my second knife from.! Into Chef knives to Go … chefs who buy Japanese kitchen knives are available as single items or sets! With individual options and sets available henckels Pro Chef ’ s knife is similar a., Chosera stones, ( both natural and sword polishing ) along with my wife and business partner Susan! Curved cutting edge allows for a living share their views on cooking for a living service where can. > Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment ' started by Meast58, Jan 16, 2015 around the world of and. A living in cutlery, kitchen knives are sharper and usually have a three- chefs. No soliciting ( except for crossposts from /r/chefknifeswap ) are links to CKTG being blocked £ 24 we experts... Treat Magic, wait for the professional chef/cook to share their views on cooking for a living the hone,! Knives to Go, Chosera stones, and cutting Boards, etc,... 5 stars 490 £24.97 £ 24 wood Handle your questions about kitchen knives over all size, condition and all. My second knife from them knives here the least number of negatives an ace job blitzing! Will last for days in your fridge and are the most personal tool a Chef s...