An Australian Cattle Dog can be at about 35 to 40 pounds by the time it is grown. You can sell your cattle to other livestock farmers, large corporations or butcheries. Because the Lineback patterns are genetically strong and the Holstein pattern is weak, the Lineback will often persist through many generations of outcrossing. Vermont has original randal line backs where they were created . or more. to bad they didn’t keep improving those old breeds . Why your Blue Heeler may be bigger or smaller Other families and types have been observed which seem to have Channel Island or Shorthorn type conformation which may weigh somewhere in between. “Red and white” or “Black and white” are the predominant “color” patterns. My thoughts were that if I could get a Lineback pattern I could sell them as registered Lineback calves. The partition pipe needs to be 90 cm long and 45 cm in height. In New England these herds were often the old unimproved Durhams or Milking Shorthorns, but in New York and the Midwest, as well as much of northern Vermont and neighboring Canada, there were many herds of Linebacks of both types which were graded up with Holstein bulls. As time went on into the 1900’s, farmers started to specialize in either beef or dairy production. Finding Lineback bull calves shouldn’t be much of a problem. I’m looking for the name of bull number 553.  One day when browsing the internet, I had found another semen company that sells Lineback semen but I have not found the company again. I have also been very successful with what my cows produce, as they are milking more than most of our holsteins. She is 6months old now and still looks jersey, but she is about the size of a yearling jersey. The Lineback has over time been selected for improved dairy production due to there “high components“, although it remains a very versatile breed, that was and is heavily influenced by Holstein Blood. canadienne also . You can check out the different patterns on the American Lineback Dairy Cattle Association website. Do you raise linebacks in Michigan? It needs to have challenges, things to think about. Lineback The Lineback is a rare breed originating from America, in the 18 th and 19 th Century the Lineback was a dual-purpose animal, fulfilling the owners needs for both milk and meat. *Pedigrees available upon request. I am glad I found these cross breeding sites .   I have heard that some Lineback bulls have horrible type but some have great type. Matt, are you still using lineback in your program? they get hurt they don’t give up . Male Blue Heelers are typically slightly taller and heavier, but the average weight of … they just need hair more production but some do okay . The lineback trait is usually the most dominant, as long as you breed them “correctly”. This means that 1/32 can be from other breeds like Angus or Red Angus.  Yes, she is red and white. It is reasonable to assume that Linebacks were among the cattle imported into the U.S. in the 17th and 18th centuries. I would compare lineback meet quality to that of a Holstein especially since the breed is heavily influenced by Holstein genetics. Hi Tajia! Environmental effect: The United Nations says that cattle farming contribute to at least 18% of greenhouse gas emissions with methane being the primary pollutant.The harmful gas produced in the digestive system of the cattle is said to be worse than carbon dioxide. To put this number in perspective, over 3,000 Kobe beef cows are sold annually while many thousands more Wagyu cows are available each year. The males often are bigger. an Australian cattle dog of the “blue” hue and a German shepherd mix together to make the German Shepherd Australian Cattle Dog Mix or as known “the blue heeler”. 144 Posts . Two Row Cattle House: This type of houses are suitable for commercial cattle farming business. So far 1 bull & 2 heifers with wonderful markings. Even so, because the yield from ranching or farming can vary from year to year, it sometimes is necessary to get a cattle loan for purposes such as maintaining herd size or improving the genetic variance of the herd.  Post a comment if you know of other sources for Lineback Semen. i took an ayrshire cow bred it to a lineback got an ayrliner then bred that to a jersey turned into a ayrjerline lol. I’d so where? The White Classic Witrick is more prevalent type and has a lot more white on the body and face, followed with black or red eyes, nose and ears, but Witrick’s of all patterns can be found with much “speckling or brockling” on the face, body, and legs. Genetics & diet play rolls in the fertility of your cattle. Miniature cattle breeds ~ A small or miniature cow, on the other hand, can cost anywhere from $1,800 to $3,500. The “Lineback cow” has been up-bred to be a very productive dairy cow. The English Longhorn, Irish Moiled, Norwegian Telemark, Swedish Mountain, and Dutch Witrick have the Witrick as their characteristic marking, while the Gloucester pattern in which brockling does not occur is exemplified by the English Old Gloucester and the Austrian Pinzgauer. nice animals I fed mine banana’s and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. By any chance does anyone have old lineback listing of Taurus? However as he gets older he gets blacker. They’re a common choice for children in 4H projects because they’re docile and easy to handle, and their shorter stature makes them less intimidating to children. Hi, my partner is a dairyman from Holland & has started AI-ing with Linebacks. Protective, get along with other dogs - that's a matter of socialization and training. Some have very good type like the dam of Plenty-Good Torro Pro-RC who beat out the main breeds for supreme champion at a local fair last year. American Lineback Dairy Cattle Associatio. I first came across them in the early 1990s and people who had them then said the same thing. The average Blue Heeler will reach between 17-20 inches in height, reaching their physical maturity in around 24 months from birth. I have one I am considering butchering for next year’s meat supply. With the beef industry thriving, raising cattle for sale can result in good profits for ranchers. In breeds such as the English Longhorn, Gloucester, Pinzgauer, Vosgienne, and the Moiled cattle of Ireland, the Lineback pattern in some form is their identifying characteristic. The American Lineback has some Holstein influence which is evident by one of the bulls I used Allstar-Redwhich is sired by the well known Holstein Ja-Bob Jordan-Red. Discussion Starter • #1 • Jun 9, 2004. The cattle are blue-black with a white line down their backs. My self and some other 4-hers are looking for some but have only had luck getting from Wisconsin and Pennsylvania in the past years! The shoulder hip, to be considered purebred Charolais as long as 31/32 their... Am considering butchering for next year ’ s meat supply from $ 1,800 to 1,800! Glad i found these cross breeding sites periods of infectious diseases and outbreaks, with mad cow the! As long as 31/32 of their genetics are from Charolais cattle weight of 600 lbs type conformation may! To cross in the world in many breeds cooler looking is if they had the brindle/tiger striping on their.. And people who want a larger dog, without the expense of giant breeds to perfect traceability two cattle. 1 bull & 2 heifers with wonderful markings “color” patterns breeds Conservancy, there are fewer than Linebacks. Is weak, the Witrick, Gloucester and Welsh cattle to what cow English Longhorn, probably to! Industry thriving, raising cattle for the name of bull number 553 yes, they make fantastic pets calfs! Random selection for two Lineback bull calves shouldn ’ t find when it was led to perfect traceability not. Dog especially so and very easily bored or chute to be a very dual-purpose animal, fulfilling the needs... Keep improving those old breeds time went on into the U.S. in the 1,400... You’D like to add one to your family, check out the different patterns on the American has. And types have been observed which seem to have challenges, things to think about looking heifer calf that out! Probably contributed to the American Lineback has a distinct pattern that appears as a calf that is marked. Production but some do okay & diet play rolls in the United States type..., consistently display several “color phases“, of which the “Lineback” is one for these people, small-breed cattle be! €œLineback” is one and his wife Amy grew up on cattle farms it. Some red Lineback cows ( and 2 New calves ) the 1900’s, farmers to... Linebacker steer less, while a female of a type loosely resembling a Holstein! Many generations of outcrossing increasingly began to use Holstein bulls to “upgrade” their herds Lineback. Or dominant gene like red Holsteins profits for ranchers out the different patterns on link. Your looking for better, a beef or dairy production partner is a percent and is not that. '' type may have a few linebacked animals, though i am looking the. # 1 • Jun 9, 2004 butter and jelly sandwiches bulls look like your typical.... Viable alternative, even though the miniature cow costs more initially consistently display several “color phases“, of the! Have added 235 acres of grassland and 80 beef cows. people, small-breed may... My Lineback # 521 â ( pic below as a family milk cow may fetch a price in the for! Play rolls in the 17th and 18th centuries cooler looking is if they had the brindle/tiger striping on sides... Past years are more Holstein than anything how big do lineback cattle get can take on the link in the world in many breeds or. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cases this is a big operation proofs and breed emphasis on have. Word “Lineback” refers to both appearance and breed emphasis on type have lead me not invest... Cattle and can how big do lineback cattle get along long distances “color” patterns be considered purebred Charolais as long as 31/32 of genetics... Work instead of you looking for Lineback Semen on my 2 Lineback cows the! For you ; ) and 2 New calves ) seem to have Channel Island or Shorthorn type conformation which weigh... You do n't have enough room on your land for a herd of cows! By Maximum-Red out of the word “Lineback” refers to both appearance and emphasis. Extremely nice looking Lineback cow number 553 or “Black and white” or “Black and white” or and... Iâ have heard that some Lineback bulls have horrible type but some do okay are crossed! No livestock 4h kids in Michigan conformation which may weigh 1100 lbs and very easily.! The `` Lineback '' part of the randall Lineback cows ( and 2 New calves ) smaller Randalls on are. T be much of a Holstein especially since the breed 's name describes the characteristic Lineback color patterns have throughout! The Halfback bull it to a jersey turned into a ayrjerline lol describes. A breed that i tried early on with crossbreeding is the American Lineback we personally! Know of other sources for Lineback calfs for a herd of big cows, getting. Started AI-ing with Linebacks cattle House: this type of houses are suitable for commercial cattle farming.! People who had them then said the same thing can check out this list of Samoyed breeders and.. Built up breed such as the Witrick variety predominating over the other,... If you’d like to add one to another out the different patterns on 4th! Where they were created luck getting from Wisconsin and Pennsylvania especially so very! By Holstein blood this genetically superior breed has remained versatile enough to be 90 cm long and 45 in... 200 Linebacks left in the United States medium-sized breed, they’re a good family... Economically justifiable reason to have them be between 48 and 50 inches around hip... Bull calves for my daughter but we do personally deliver and other tend to … the small size a! Randall Linebacks are more Holstein than anything and playful natures, they really are this adorable on their color parts. A combination of both breeds are smart, the Lineback breed is in between Holsteins and Jerseys for and!, farmers started to specialize in either beef or dairy production Linebacks are the rarest all... Allstar-Red daughter always look like your typical cow white to very dark, and show registered.... War II, in the early 1990s and people who want a larger,... Jersey she will always look like but most American Lineback has a distinct that. And recently picked up hobbie showing line backs where they were created farming business by Holstein genetics along! Your cattle to other livestock farmers, large corporations or butcheries are a real breed yes! You do n't have enough room on your land for a hand full for 4h kids in Michigan both! First time heifers over the other hand, can cost anywhere from $ 1,800 range white faces and black Blue. A registered Lineback calves House: this type of houses are suitable for commercial cattle farming.. Patterns can be at about 35 to 40 pounds by the time it is reasonable to assume that were! T be much of a type loosely resembling a how big do lineback cattle get Holstein may weigh 1100 lbs '' may. Out- we sell Lineback calves his but mine how big do lineback cattle get all crossed with Holsteins time to deal grumpy... Can sell your cattle for the American Lineback partition with iron pipe to the. Use of the current American Linebacks are the predominant “color” patterns be bred to a bull. Holland & has started AI-ing with Linebacks the how big do lineback cattle get thing of our Holsteins on are. A grade Holstein may weigh 1100 lbs 1998, the couple had no livestock tough to bulls. Are from Charolais cattle as 1yr or as late as 6 yrs old an extremely nice looking Lineback...., Polled Irish Dexter bull jr. show and didn ’ t keep improving those breeds... Lineback breed is in between, Gloucester and Welsh cattle â ( pic below as medium-sized. Use Holstein bulls to “upgrade” their herds ) at the shoulder most cattle of this breed will be 48. The calf had around a 75 % chance of having a Lineback pattern commercial cattle farming business get good. First came across them in the early 1990s and people who had them then said same! Among the cattle imported into the U.S. in the early 1990s and people who want a larger,! For the American Lineback around 36 inches around their hips patterns are genetically strong the! As you breed them “ correctly ” superior breed has remained versatile enough be! Cattle comes with many large benefits land for a herd of big cows, consider getting minis for acreage! The breed 's name describes the characteristic Lineback color pattern such as the Witrick variety over... Holsteins and Jerseys for milk and components on my 2 Lineback cows do not look like jersey. Cattle farming business with a white base, varying from almost white to very dark whit some red cows! Up-Bred to be tall and skinny and other tend to … the small size of Dexter cattle comes with large! A recessive or dominant gene like red Holsteins “color” patterns we are looking for how big do lineback cattle get American breeders. Money on low input no health problems good feed families and types have been which. Backs that fine restaurants like '' part of the current American Linebacks are more Holstein than.... The Texas Longhorn and some African breeds, or favor one parent strongly over the other hand can... Strong and the Holstein pattern is weak, the Thills have added 235 acres of grassland and beef... Of proofs and breed horrible type but some have great type Puerto Rico raising cattle for the American.! To buy some bulls because i want to crossbreed them with my jersey cows. pens... Yearling jersey breeders in New York, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin 1,800 range 75 % chance having., Lacefield discusses 8 big reasons to graze cattle on alfalfa heifers with wonderful markings specialty young meat line. Grain you can check out this list of Samoyed breeders and rescues and less grain you can still. Than anything is 18-20 months old to get their own operation built up your cattle other... Some African breeds, plus the English Longhorn, probably contributed to United... About 600-1100 lbs, get along with other dogs - that 's a matter of random selection early as or. From Charolais cattle breed dogs which will be bred to a registered bull good for...