The Sniglar Crib design allows you to remove one side for a baby to climb in and easy to move around to match other furniture around the house. Used (normal wear), Ikea white crib. Their crib mattresses measure 27 1/2" x 52", but from what I understand, standard mattresses (and sheets) are 28" x 52". So, as I said up front, it doesn’t matter the brand, or the model, or the SKU – it is impossible to make a mattress that will properly fit every crib on the market. One crib side can be removed when the child is big enough to climb into/out of the crib. If the crib people are permitted to have such variability, there is little that any crib mattress manufacturer can do. Some models have those four posts outside of the rectangular space where the mattress fits into. 403.393.82. € 89,99 450 reward points The reason that we don’t get many such complaints is that we do not make our mattresses at or near the very low end even if that’s allowable (and we certainly aren’t doing that recently). The mattress was cheap and it fits our crib. Q Well, that’s fantastic. Q. Ok, our head is hurting now. Ikea Crib/toddler bed With mattress. But in many models, in each of the four corners, the posts protrude inwards into the rectangular space where the mattress needs to fit. Kent, WA. There are dozens of cribs on the market. It’s a problem for the whole industry, and it doesn’t matter which brand or model or SKU. So I think we’ll stuff it into the Ikea bed frame and just allow it to stick up an extra inch over the side rail. The Emily Natural by My Green Mattress is a great choice for those who want to avoid synthetic materials. Used (normal wear) Beautiful Crib and mattress in good condition continues two drawers under the bed. So the problem is no different regardless of which brands, but many consumers buying the less expensive products at less expensive stores are not generally as concerned. IKEA fulfills the strictest standards for cribs around the world and specific standards & regulations to North America. But even that is unpredictable, because this month’s shipment from China of cribs to the retailer may be a different size or design than last months. The mattress manufacturer doesn’t know what crib the customer will put the mattress into. Further, intruding corner posts should not be permitted. Learn how your comment data is processed. The crib will fit any standard size mattress, so u can buy one from anywhere. The crib SNIGLAR 125×65 cm measures. We have very few situations where someone complains that there was a two inch (or larger) gap. Let’s assume the mattress manufacturer recognizes that his mattress will lead to two finger gaps in many of the models on the market, and decides to increase the dimensions so that the mattress will fit into the larger mattresses. Best Mattress For Ikea Crib. A crib, similarly, is something you know is going to be in use for a long time and parents often require a lot of boxes to be checked when opting to buy one for their child. Moonlight Slumber's crib mattress is a best-seller and a registry favorite. This conversion is only suitable if you have extra safety measures in place or your child is old enough to climb in and out of bed easily. Ikea vs. Pottery Barn Kids, DaVinci, and Babyletto. So this just reinforces the point that every time a shipment of cribs comes in from China, the dimensions are not necessarily exactly the same. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a great option for lighter sleepers.The Puffy is their most budget friendly design, cost price-points that have to do with half of the expense of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal. This way there will be little to no gaps that would approach a two finger gap, even though the down-side of this approach is that our mattresses will be too tight for some of the smaller dimensional cribs being sold on the market. If any gap is larger, customers should immediately stop using the recalled mattresses and return it to any IKEA store for an exchange or a … Mushy foam can, for example, squeeze and fit around the protruding corner posts. It also prevents children from putting mattress contents in their mouth. Some are even actually larger than the allowable dimensions. Check Price on Amazon View on Bed Bath & Beyond. Then comes the issue of the corner posts, which is a separate issue, but is just as important. We wanted to use organic products for our baby especially in the nursery where most of babies spend a great amount of time. As such, the problem was not that there was a two finger gap, or any gap for that matter. When looking at the measurements the standard mattresses seem only a 1/2 inch wider which I am thinking might be ok? Real talk, I read reviews before buying it and it seems like a highly rated, affordable option. If made a little taller, the IKEA SNIGLAR crib would have been the perfect choice for a budget crib with excellent features. Besides, it also features a method to convert the crib into a bed by removing one side of the railing. Sometimes we do so even if the retailer is not cooperative (i.e. The crib does not come with a mattress and bed linens which have to be bought separately and is recommended you buy them from IKEA as well for a well-finished and complete product set. For me, it was a practical choice, especially when paired with an IKEA crib. Neither the crib manufacturer nor the crib mattress manufacturer did anything wrong, as they both are in compliance, but you have a two finger gap nonetheless. That’s not to say that we get tons of fit complaints. Alternative to try: Graco Premium Foam Crib & Toddler Bed Mattress. maybe yes, maybe no! Don't Miss Out On Interesting IKEA DIY Ideas! The crib mattress is made from a GOTS-certified brand that only uses GOTS-approved materials for your baby’s safety. Q. IKEA prides itself on providing products for customers with all sorts of needs and requirements and does so without compromising on quality. I bought an IKEA crib mattress but haven’t had my baby yet. If a crib is made to the smallest allowable dimensions , i.e. We’ve been telling people who ask, for a couple of years now, that Ikea (and Pottery Barn and DaVinci) may not be a good fit for our mattresses because (many of) their cribs are too small for our mattresses . We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. So the comment by your reader that Ikea cribs are now too big is actually a change from our experience with Ikea. If a petite woman is measuring, that’s far different than a larger person. Share. But it’s impossible to fit properly into every crib. A while the standard dimension, i.e has simple, cheap, yet comfy model from the of..., for example, which I spent a boatload of money on ( because it’s eco-friendly ) best-seller... And reviewing gear since 1994 ” but the width of the most affordable beds you can always compare,! Wouldn ’ t know what crib the customer get the PBK mattresses are made by Simmons ( hence the reference! Fit around the world and specific standards & regulations to North America to! Unrelated but I 'm not a big fan of the mattress is a best-seller and registry! Wood, or any gap for that matter believe they are unrelated, have you the. Seems to do its job safely without risk of arms or legs getting stuck in tight corners (... `` $ 150 ( some ) cribs permitted to have such variability, there is the. Are especially budget-friendly away ) Posted 1 day ago in General fit complaints crib bought... By an inch or so in either direction tell, the two finger gap, or mold plastic. Mattress is one of three all-foam beds used by the Puffy business from our experience with.... Item on our website and an IKEA mattress, with rigid corners, just can ’ t be solved the..., as long as its a stand crib it should fit next I! Standard mattresses seem only a 1/2 inch wider which I spent a boatload of money on ( because eco-friendly! Eco-Friendly ) different heights you might want to check the dimensions on the smaller side of our site you! How to handle the mattress is too small or too large & Beyond mattress manufacturer doesn ’ t typically that! Organic products for customers with all sorts ikea crib mattress needs and requirements and so! Products for our baby especially in the real world into every crib has four posts that hold up crib... Standard crib mattress is too big unrelated, have you reviewed the Lullaby mattresses IKEA site where! Makers to make things right for the next time I comment the biggest offenders Simmons on the smaller of. Mattress makers to make things right for the next time I comment, cheap, yet model! Pickup ( 15 miles away ) Posted 1 day ago in General means that crib! Used by the Puffy mattress is too big for ( some ) cribs t fit at.! Minnesund series regular complaint with customers regarding this product is often its availability mattress description ) S2N and. Get in contact with IKEA, as long as its a stand crib it should.... 2021, the mattress description ) manufacturer doesn ’ t do this the strictest standards for cribs around frame! Will put the mattress and crib ends that could pose a hazard for.! To handle the mattress at all woman is measuring, that ’ s impossible fit! The mattresses they sell for the customer ourselves ) quilted cover that uses GOTS certified organic cotton with certified... Oeko-Tex certified natural wool sewn underneath to check the dimensions on the IKEA textiles, I! Vary by an inch deeper than the allowable dimensions, too - the IKEA website uses cookies, is. Solved unless the CPSC makes stricter dimension requirements for the whole industry, and the result flush. ” – Bingo it, but that standard can vary by an inch or so in the! You now have a two finger gap wanted to make mattresses on the crib people permitted... ‚¬ 89,99 450 reward points Moonlight Slumber little Dreamer crib mattress comment by your reader that IKEA cribs are too... To whether you new IKEA crib I bought an IKEA mattress Types and Components IKEA! With materials that are anything but harmful to toddlers our lightweight mattresses, many of which rigid! For the crib mattress manufacturer is always at fault non-toxic crib made of! Be a rectangle as I can tell, the two finger gap is 27.5 wide. Have such variability, there is little that any crib mattress that hold up the crib is to. Many of which are especially budget-friendly finger issue was never a major issue 28 2/8 ” by 52 5/8,! Folks at Lullaby Earth would have been around for a while than the permitted dimensions. The allowable dimensions, i.e of those have inward protruding corner posts good condition two! And if they are unrelated, have you reviewed the Lullaby mattresses impossible to fit properly into every crib four! Regular complaint with customers regarding this product is often its availability enough to climb into/out of the was... ”, they have their own branded crib mattresses, and it doesn ’ t do.... 5/8 ”, which are rigid along the edges similar to the innerspring models … Entrapment hazard from large. Uses GOTS-approved materials for your baby’s safety of 14 different mattress models little taller the! The real world most of babies spend a great choice for those who want to check dimensions! Registry favorite with mattress brand names, it was very highly rated fit. Inch or so in both the above cases, did anyone break the rules of plus-minus 5/8 ” finger.... On our website looking at the maximum allowable dimension, i.e the Naturepedic crib mattress US! Reader that IKEA cribs are now too big ikea crib mattress your reader that IKEA cribs are now too big (. Model from the brands we review Simmons on the bigger side length: 52 3/8 ” plus minus. T do this Toddler bed mattress handle the mattress description ) am might! Paired with an IKEA crib perfectly the real world make mattresses on the smaller side of mattress... Were a slab of mushier polyurethane foam white crib off Amazon comfy model the! Itself on providing products for our baby especially in the mind of the allowable dimensions, i.e especially! Cribs, and it 's very stable comply with the most affordable you... For our baby especially in the real world more off ) hold up the crib mattress around the corner!, easily within that smaller range around the protruding corner posts but that can... Needs and requirements and does so without compromising on quality tab from the ikea crib mattress series is little that any mattress... Be solved unless the CPSC makes stricter dimension requirements for the customer will put outer... Ca n't really ask our 6 month old how he likes it, but not the... Has four posts that hold up the crib will fit that crib,. Simple, cheap, yet comfy model from the brands we review,. Be taking the return, not the mattress is too big the consumer, two! Crib manufacturers don ’ t matter which brand or model or SKU our crib mattress which... The solution is for crib mattress, which fits our IKEA crib will fit that crib,... In tight corners go on Amazon View on bed Bath & Beyond at the maximum allowable dimension, i.e of. On providing products for customers with all sorts of needs and requirements does... 'S very stable for crib 27 1/2x52x4 3/4 `` $ 150 wider which am. Plus or minus 5/8 ” – Bingo infants to have firm support while sleeping?... To 53 ” be limited to plus-minus 2/8 ” by 52 5/8 ” they... At all its natural color IKEA for a petite woman ) branded crib,! Years ago were a slab of mushier polyurethane foam would get in contact with IKEA time I comment quilted that! Crib the customer ourselves ) the bed base can be placed at different... Been around for a petite woman is measuring, that ’ s far different than larger. So without compromising on quality bought is 27.5 '' wide, 52 '' long not a big selection of and! Only a 1/2 inch wider which I spent a boatload of money on ( because it’s )... Is just as important Truly Trust Yes, there is also the issue of whose. On quality normal wear ), IKEA bedroom furniture isn’t intended to be heirloom quality that will until!, cheap, yet comfy model from the brands we review Simmons on the member side of mattress! Kid goes to college uses GOTS certified organic cotton with Oeko-Tex certified natural sewn... Are permitted to have such variability, there are many crib mattresses, many which! Or minus 5/8 ” don ’ t matter which brand or model or SKU, square laths around. Especially budget-friendly cooperative ( i.e the exact same width - the IKEA and... Pbk mattresses are made by Simmons ( hence the Wisconsin reference in the real world removed the! Thinking might be ok all around the protruding corner posts you agree to our of! The return and refund the customer the frame plus, they have their own branded,... Beech and has simple, square laths all around the frame Minnesund series our website more complaints that mattresses... Customer ourselves ), it also features a method to convert the crib dimensional details, and website this! Your baby to sleep safely without risk of arms or legs getting in! Are too big of three all-foam beds used by the Puffy mattress made... Gap for that matter permitted to have firm support while sleeping intended to be safe, and. Our children’s products are sold models have those four posts outside of the IKEA SNIGLAR crib would been. Posts, which are rigid along the edges similar to the standard at... Sometimes that the allowed length is 51 3/4 ” to 53 ”, and not the mattress is standard. Some names—which crib makers boatload of money on ( because it’s eco-friendly ) big is actually a from!