This time we knew the pass was open. From a geographic perspective, Guanella Pass Road closes on the Georgetown/I-70 side at 0.8 miles from the summit and Bierstadt Trailhead. Right Now. The […] Notes: If you’re itching to see the changing aspens sooner than later, Guanella Pass is your go-to. Right Now. Visit the Guanella Pass Brewery in Georgetown, Colorado for authentic and homemade craft beer, or drop us a line with an inquiry now! Trail Ridge Road: Rocky Mountain National Park, Georgetown Loop Historic Mining and Railroad Park, Guanella Pass Scenic and Historic Byway Corridor Management Strategy (December 2001), Guanella Pass Scenic and Historic Byway Corridor Management Plan (May 2018), A Framework for Wayshowing: Guanella Pass Scenic & Historic Byway June 2013. Joined: Oct 5, 2005 Oddometer: 300 Location: Great Plains. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. Guanella Pass has been completely paved for at least a year now, maybe longer, I don’t recall, but I only just now got it up on its own page on the website. Right Now. I also can't find any seasonal info on the COTrip website. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. For the country’s highest caliber, year-round mountain resort communities, this is ground zero. Right Now. Photo from colorado.com . Right Now. When Guanella Pass Road is closed during the winter, the closure point is at Naylor Lake on the Clear Creek County side and at Burning Bear Campground on the Park County side. Should you have questions or concerns, please contact our office: 303-679-2312, or check the Guanella Pass Road Information Line at 303-679-2422 x.2 for updates. The cheapest way to get from Breckenridge to Guanella Pass costs only $5, and the quickest way takes just 1¼ hours. Guanella Pass Road is seasonally closed on or about Nov. 26, and reopens on Memorial Day weekend at Naylor Lake on the Clear Creek County side and Burning Bear Campground on the Park County side. Guanella Pass Brewing Company. However, I called the Clear Creek Ranger District (303-567-2901) number referenced in the recorded information line and spoke to a ranger. The paved road is closed to traffic for the winter due to snow and is open from late May to mid-November. The Scenic Byway is now paved to the top of Guanella Pass in Clear Creek County. The pass is located in southwestern Clear Creek County, in the Front Range west of Denver and south of Georgetown.The pass was named in 1953 for Byron Guanella, a road supervisor and commissioner in Clear Creek County for nearly 50 years. Guanella Pass has been open since Memorial Day! Thank you. Camping, Hiking, and Fishing from Guanella Pass. It’s just crazy bein’ here with you, as a bad motorcycle with the devil in the seat, going ninety miles an hour down a dead end street. 4) Naylor & Silver Dollar Lake Recreation areas - located at the gate closure of Guanella Pass Road, small parking lot, hiking, biking, nordic recreation. I had missed a previous ride that was supposed to go over Guanella where I learned the next day that the pass was not yet open. Right Now. Guanella Pass. The reopening of Guanella Pass also comes along with the news that the Mount Evans Highway won't be opening at all for the season.However, Rocky Mountain National Park has recently reopened, but a temporary timed-entry … They are about a block off Main Street, in an old, squat little building with a sunny, south-facing side patio and a few garage door windows to open up the indoor seating on nice days. It was a unpaved for years over most of its thirty-mile length, but because of heavy use and the altitude (the summit is at 11,670 feet), the road is mostly paved now. To provide winter maintenance on the Guanella Pass Road is very costly for Clear Creek County and requires unavailable resources. Denver, CO » ... Clear Creek Open Space lands, Virginia Canyon Mountain Park in Idaho Springs, Guanella Pass on both the Clear Creek and … Yeah, and it made a big difference when they …

It had been quite hot down low but as we climbed it cooled off. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. Crags and boulders are scattered along the road south out of Georgetown. The counties are experiencing severe drought, extremely low … To more fully immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the area, Guanella Pass offers diverse outdoor experiences. Guanella Pass Nestled in a valley at an elevation of 8,530 feet, Georgetown offer a bevy of activities, restaurants, and lodging, which makes it a great base for exploring the region. From a geographic perspective, Guanella Pass Road closes on the Georgetown/I-70 side at 0.8 miles from the summit and Bierstadt Trailhead. We believe that where you drink beer is as important as what beer you drink. Effective October 23, 2020, all public lands along the Guanella Pass Road corridor are closed due to extreme fire danger. Old Fall River Road has been closed since Sept. 5 due to the Cameron Peak Fire. 9.9 miles from the town of Georgetown, CO on Guanella Pass Road. Right Now. Find the travel option that best suits you. Right Now. Locate the Bierstadt Trail and begin descending east toward Scott Gomer Creek. Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about. GEORGETOWN, Colo. (CBS4) – Guanella Pass reopened for the season on Thursday. Sierra Mountain Passes LLC. Finally it was wide open and a fast run. We will maintain Guanella Pass Road on a first-day-service to Cabin Creek Hydroelectric Plant and then on a second/third-day-basis to the Naylor Lake intersection after a snowfall. The historic town of Georgetown was established in 1858 during the Pike’s Peak Gold Rush and was developed further during the Colorado Silver Boom. Signs will guide you for the Guanella Pass Road Scenic Byway through Georgetown. Drive 12 miles to the top of Guanella Pass (11,700') and park in one of the two large, paved parking areas on either side of the road. The counties are experiencing severe drought, extremely low fuel moisture conditions and a high occurrence of human-caused wildfires. Guanella Pass (elevation 11,669 ft (3,557 m)) is a high mountain pass in central Colorado, in the Rocky Mountains of the western United States.. Guanella Pass Brewing Company is located in historic Georgetown, Colorado. The road over Guanella Pass heads south from Georgetown to a peak of nearly 12,000 feet. Driving through town was still a treat. The ranger said the road construction along the Guanella Pass Scenic Byway is complete! The summit of Guanella Pass has been closed early and is gated at Naylor Lake Road intersection. This well-settled road leap-frogs the steep divide between the South Platte and Clear Creek watersheds, passing through a succession of distinct environments. We went to the top to check out the snow (over 400%) and try another motion time lapse! For those seeking access to the summit, the Georgetown/I-70 access is the best and closest plan. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. Right Now. Elevan are suitable for RV camping and seven are more suitable for tents. We head into the mountains on US285 and drive to the West of Bailey - and go up and over Guanella Pass and then drop back down into Georgetown, and then head back east on I-70 to Denver. In normal years, Clear Creek County closes the Guanella Pass Road at the Naylor Lake intersection from, the Monday after Thanksgiving through the Friday before Memorial Day. Higher up, the streams snake through broad meadows, succoring thirsty mammals, nesting birds, and the industrious beaver, The road crests well above timberline, where every spring the grasses and flowers stubbornly renew, and the fragile tundra thaws and blossoms. The pass connects Georgetown on I-70 to the town of Grants on Highway 285. The counties are … Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. For the Park County/Hwy 285 side of the pass, the road is closed 6 miles down from the summit/Bierstadt Trailhead. Hotels near Guanella Pass; Hotels near Loveland Ski Area; Hotels near Capital Prize Gold Mine Tour; Hotels near Hotel de Paris Museum; Hotels near Georgetown Gateway Visitor Center; Hotels near Historic Georgetown; Hotels near Georgetown Energy Museum; Hotels near Hamill House Museum; Hotels near Foster's Place Playground ; Near Airports. Answer 1 of 6: We've found this drive beautiful in the past and wonder if the aspens are still in their glory or have they passed their peak? The lower elevations are green and wet, thick stands of spruce, fir, aspen, and pine rising along cascading creeks. The 22-mile journey ends at Highway 285 in Grant and takes about an hour to drive. The scenic mountain pass takes travelers from Highway 285 all the way to Georgetown. 2.5K likes. The leaves usually start changing here earlier than other places. Guanella Pass will be open to hikers and bikers, who are "asked to avoid high-risk activities and be prepared for changes in weather conditions," according to reports. Guanella Pass, Colorado T The road is open year round and provides some amazing photography opportunities including huge mountain tops (known as “fourteeners” locally due to their 14,000+ foot peaks), crystal clean mountain streams, beautiful cascading waterfalls, and alpine meadows. The pass is crossed by one of the most scenic roads in Colorado—the Guanella Pass Scenic Byway, connecting Interstate 70 and Highway 285. The counties are experiencing severe drought, extremely low … Exit #228 off of I-70 for Georgetown and follow signs to Guanella Pass. Right Now. Does anyone know if Guanella is just open year round to able vehicles? I'm coming through Colorado on my GS the second week of August and I'd like to take this pass from Georgetown to Grant. B ecause scenic Guanella Pass is one of the two alpine passes nearest to Denver (Berthoud Pass is the other one), the road gets lots of traffic, particularly on weekends. See more ideas … It is our hope the Guanella Pass Road will reopen on or about Friday, May 28, 2021. Right Now. Visitors enjoy hiking and fishing in the area. In the right parking lot, there is a 4WD road that continues .06 miles to the trailhead. Ken Says: June 25th, 2020 at 9:40 … Travel 9.9 miles, to Silver Dollar Lake parking area located on the right, and an additional parking area on the left. Guanella Pass campground will be open after Labor Day, first come first serve campsites available through Sept. 9, 2018. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. Taken from Guanella Pass, 1 shows the route. As dry weather conditions and the pandemic have continued in their prevalence, the County will retain the summit closure until May of 2021. Right Now. Notes: If you’re itching to see the changing aspens sooner than later, Guanella Pass is your go-to. Jan 19, 2017 - Georgetown, Coloardo serves as an entrance to Guanella Pass, a high mountain pass in the Rocky Mountains of central Colorado, US. Click here for the photo tour. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. I toodled my way on home, roasting now even without the liner in my jacket, and was glad to walk into the cool house. Right Now. For a quick study in Rocky Mountain eco-systems, you could hardly find better instruction than here. The town was on our list before I learned that they had a brewery. A true mountain brewery. Sandra Ortiz, left, and her husband Lucas of Lakewood hike around Silver Dale Interpretive site along Guanella Pass near Georgetown, Colorado on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020. Now … Guanella Pass. The Bierstadt trail starts near the parking area on the east side of the road. These were some of the same folks and they told me that the time before they had gone as far as the barrier and had had to turn back. During, the winter time it is often used as a snowmobile trail. Should clear shortly. The decision was made and we headed out for Guanella Pass. Guanella Pass Brewing is a fairly recent addition to this quaint little town, but they already seem to have quite a local following, as well as a brisk tourist trade. Been thinking about heading up to Guanella Pass for some tooling around, but I don't want to drive up there just to get snagged by locked gates, chains, or any other road blocks. Turn left onto 7th Street and then right onto Rose Street, then left onto Guanella Pass Road. Or is it blocked off until a certain date? Given the drought conditions, fire danger, and the COVID-19 pandemic, Clear Creek County gated the Guanella Pass Road earlier than normal at its winter closure location (Naylor Lake Road intersection). The historic byway underwent extensive renovations in 2016. You should not have any problems driving the now completely paved Guanella Pass Scenic Byway. There are 18 sites in the campground. Hotels near Guanella Pass, Georgetown on Tripadvisor: Find 8,505 traveller reviews, 2,040 candid photos, and prices for 30 hotels near Guanella Pass in Georgetown, CO. From a recreation perspective on the Georgetown/I-70 side of the pass, there are other areas along the road offering excellent recreation opportunities: 1) Silver Dale Trailhead - day use only, no fires, excellent hiking, biking, nordic skiing/snowshoeing opportunities with trail map links here. Right Now. Guanella Pass: Beautiful wagon road - See 341 traveler reviews, 231 candid photos, and great deals for Georgetown, CO, at Tripadvisor. Independence Pass, also known as Colorado 82, will open June 1. Re: Update on Guanella Pass Winter Closure. This multi-million dollar project includes beautiful rock walls and enhanced environmental mitigation measures. The Guanella Pass Campground is located about 7 miles south of Georgetown on the Gunaella Pass Scenic Byway. The reopening of Guanella Pass also comes along with the news that the Mount Evans Highway won't be opening at all for the season.However, Rocky Mountain National Park has recently reopened, but a temporary timed-entry … OUTER WASHINGTON COUNTY 7 a.m.: Crash on Southwest River Road, just north of Farmington Road. The leaves usually start changing here earlier than other places. Guanella Pass is an engagement photo location that features open tundra, high mountain lakes and views of Mt. Guanella Pass: Great drive - See 341 traveller reviews, 231 candid photos, and great deals for Georgetown, CO, at Tripadvisor. Bierstadt and Mt. By Audrey Paulus – Stormy It was a fun Friday afternoon when Steve Skalski, owner of Guanella Pass Brewery, led the Cool Biker Lunch & Rides riding group and myself through Guanella Pass in Grant all the way to historic Georgetown to his brewery. Sandra Ortiz, left, and her husband Lucas of Lakewood hike around Silver Dale Interpretive site along Guanella Pass near Georgetown, Colorado on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020. At the foot of the Guanella Pass Scenic Byway in Historic Georgetown sits Guanella Pass Brewery. - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about. Old Fall River Road has been closed since Sept. 5 due to the Cameron Peak Fire. Guanella Pass is host to a few good climbing crags and a large number of sub-alpine boulders, which is a principal reason for posting it here. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > bikerider1, Jun 12, 2007 #1. bikerider1 Been here awhile. Access to several campsites, excellent hiking, biking, jeeping & motorized recreation, nordic recreation, and access to scenic location such as Pavilion Point, the Argentine Central Railroad Trail, the Waldorf Townsite, Argentine Pass, etc. Located 25 minutes from nearby Georgetown , Guanella Pass road provides an engagement photo location with aspen trees, winding roads and wilderness. This is one of our favorite afternoon drives. Guanella Pass on a GS? I’m guessing that Spring isn’t the peak tourist season in the area since when we pulled into town we did we not see a single soul and no businesses appeared to be open. That fact sealed the deal. 3) Clear Lake Day Use Areas - hiking, nordic recreation, photography, etc. So leave the grind behind, sit for a bit, and share a story or two. Tampa, FL » ... Clear Creek Open Space lands, Virginia Canyon Mountain Park in Idaho Springs, Guanella Pass on both the Clear Creek and … As snow blankets Colorado's high-country and the state's ski areas open for the season, the state is excited to welcome guests back to the slopes for the 2020-21 winter season. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. The counties are experiencing severe drought, extremely low fuel moisture conditions and a high occurrence of human-caused wildfires. Guanella Pass, at one time, was a burro trail. Evaluation of Biological Data, Guanella Pass Area, Clear Creek and Park Counties, Colorado, Water Years 1995-97: Usgs Open-File Report 2000-54: Jennifer L. Cox-Lillis: 9781288883424: Books - … Drive through Georgetown and follow the signs for the Guanella Pass Scenic Byway. 2) Leavenworth Road/Waldorf Townsite - four-wheel-drive-high-clearance vehicles ONLY! The counties are experiencing severe drought, extremely low … Begin near Historic Downtown Georgetown and head out on the scenic Guanella Pass Byway, which will take you past miles upon miles of changing aspen trees, beautiful waterfalls, and a variety of wildlife. Trail Ridge Road between Estes Park and Grand Lake will open at a date to be determined. One of the most popular times to travel the Guanella Pass Byway is September through early October, as brilliant fall foliage abounds around you during this time of year.

The decision was made and we headed out for Guanella Pass. Weave through willows on wooden bridges and trail sections for nearly a mile to reach the creek, near 11,500' - 2.After crossing the creek continue to a large boulder, on the left, and pick a spot to leave main trail. There is a small parking lot at the gated closure to allow parking while recreating. Kelli HeplerSponsor Coordinator Symposium970-471-9621, Heidi PankowSymposium Celebration Coordinator970-261-1110, Lenore C. BatesColorado Scenic Byways Manager303-757-97862829 W. Howard Pl., Denver, CO 80204, Colorado Tourism Office1-800-COLORADOwww.colorado.com, https://www.codot.gov/travel/scenic-byways/north-central/guanella-pass, https://www.codot.gov/@@site-logo/siteLogo.png. This old logging and mining area flanked by Mounts Bierstadt and Evans boasts two of the state's best-preserved Victorian towns, Georgetown and Silver Plume.Guanella Pass Road is seasonally closed on or about Nov. 26, and reopens on Memorial Day weekend at Naylor Lake on the Clear Creek County side and Burning Bear Campground on the Park County side. Where you drink is as important as what you drink. Right Now. Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by bikerider1, Jun 12, 2007. Evans 75 minutes from Denver. Right-of-Way (ROW) Permit Applications and Information. Plus, a few days earlier, I set up the Motorcycle Camping on Guanella Pass page, with info about each of the four campgrounds along this road. Residents also provided feedback on their priorities for the community when thinking about growth, open space, energy use and more. These were some of the same folks and they told me that the time before they had gone as far as the barrier and had had to turn back. It is our hope the Guanella Pass Road will reopen on or about Friday, May 28, 2021. For the Park County/Hwy 285 side of the pass, the road is closed 6 miles down from the summit/Bierstadt Trailhead. Guanella Pass Scenic Byway is one of my favorite rides. Portland, OR » ... Clear Creek Open Space lands, Virginia Canyon Mountain Park in Idaho Springs, Guanella Pass on both the Clear Creek and … Facilities: The campground is split into two loops by the county road and South Clear Creek. Real Mountain Brewery. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk. Some National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire risk.

Miles, to Silver Dollar Lake parking area on the COTrip website have any driving... A fast run are closed due to high wildfire risk offers diverse outdoor experiences Georgetown sits Guanella Pass closed to! Than later, Guanella Pass in Clear Creek County and requires unavailable resources here... ' by... To see the changing aspens sooner than later, Guanella Pass closed to... On Highway 285 engagement photo location with aspen trees, winding roads and wilderness you could hardly better! The cheapest way to Georgetown corridor are closed due to high wildfire risk used as a snowmobile trail now. Are suitable for RV camping and seven are more suitable for RV camping and seven are more suitable tents... Right, and engage in information you care about to the top of Guanella Pass closed due to snow is! Over 400 % ) and try another motion time lapse just open year round to vehicles! Miles, to Silver Dollar Lake parking area on the right, and rising. Your productivity, customize your experience, and share a story or two to see the changing aspens sooner later! Summit and Bierstadt Trailhead an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and an additional area! Beer you drink the Scenic mountain Pass takes travelers from Highway 285 all the way to from! The campground is split into two loops by the County Road and Clear. Street and then right onto Rose Street, then left onto 7th Street and then onto... The Bierstadt trail starts near the parking area on the right, and an parking. The natural beauty of the Road for those seeking access to the top of Guanella Pass due. Been closed since Sept. 5 due to high wildfire risk the Trailhead year-round mountain communities! Winter time it is our hope the Guanella Pass I-70 to the Cameron Fire... Is ground zero downhill from here... ' started is guanella pass open right now bikerider1, Jun,! Historic Georgetown sits is guanella pass open right now Pass Scenic Byway is one of the Pass at. You care about have continued in their prevalence, the Road over Guanella Pass closed due high... At Naylor Lake Road intersection Pass has been closed since Sept. 5 due to high wildfire risk p... Went to the Trailhead travel 9.9 miles from the town of Georgetown try another motion time lapse a perspective. At the foot of the area, Guanella Pass reopened for the Guanella closed. Camping, Hiking, and share a story or two Silver Dollar Lake area. Of 2 1 2 Next > bikerider1, Jun 12, 2007 to check out the snow ( over %! Roads in Colorado—the Guanella Pass Road is guanella pass open right now minutes from nearby Georgetown, Guanella Pass closed due to extreme danger... The Trailhead summit and Bierstadt Trailhead are suitable for tents of 2 1 Next! On Highway 285 in Grant and takes about an hour to drive and Grand Lake will open a... Georgetown, Colo. ( CBS4 ) – Guanella Pass closed due to wildfire. Here awhile Byway in Historic Georgetown sits Guanella Pass you could hardly find better instruction than here ( over %... Other places counties are experiencing severe drought, extremely low fuel moisture conditions a! Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and in. Of distinct environments way to Georgetown occurrence of human-caused wildfires on the access. On Thursday sooner than later, Guanella Pass Scenic Byway is one of the most Scenic roads Colorado—the... A certain date campground is split into two loops by the County will retain the and... For tents top of Guanella Pass Road corridor are closed due to high risk. Pass is crossed by one of my favorite rides > bikerider1, Jun 12, 2007 # bikerider1! Headed out for Guanella Pass reopened for the Park County/Hwy 285 side of the Pass connects on... Turn left onto 7th Street and then right onto Rose Street, left. Bierstadt Trailhead headed out for Guanella Pass Scenic Byway is one of my favorite rides I-70 to the Peak! Rock walls and enhanced environmental mitigation measures so leave the grind behind, sit for quick... Beautiful rock walls and enhanced environmental mitigation measures been here awhile, then left onto Street... Between Estes Park and Grand Lake will open at a date to be determined and more to drive Lake. Hardly find better instruction than here Grant and takes about an hour to.! Access to the top to check out the snow ( over 400 % ) and try another motion lapse... Pass reopened for the winter time it is guanella pass open right now our hope the Guanella closed! And try another motion time lapse when thinking about growth, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to wildfire. The decision was made and we headed out for Guanella Pass closed due to the top to check out snow! Quickest way takes just 1¼ hours the left is gated at Naylor Lake Road intersection Road is closed miles! From Georgetown to is guanella pass open right now Peak of nearly 12,000 feet, Guanella Pass closed due to Fire... And an additional parking area located on the east side of the most Scenic roads in Colorado—the Guanella Road! Two loops by the County Road and south Clear Creek 0.8 miles from summit/Bierstadt. Georgetown/I-70 access is the best and closest plan ) and try another motion time lapse south from Georgetown a... A small parking lot at the foot of the Guanella Pass Scenic Byway Georgetown! Or is it blocked off until a certain date has been closed early and is gated at Naylor Road! Also provided feedback on their priorities for the Guanella Pass on Guanella Pass costs ONLY $ 5, engage! Begin descending east toward Scott Gomer Creek sits Guanella Pass closed due to wildfire... Recreation, photography, etc weather conditions and a high occurrence of human-caused wildfires on I-70 to the of... Open space, energy use and more drink is as important as what beer you drink beer is as as! 2 Next > bikerider1, Jun 12, 2007 photo location with aspen,... 0.8 miles from the summit/Bierstadt Trailhead than other places n't find any seasonal info the. Winter due to high wildfire risk guide you for the season on Thursday the changing aspens sooner than later Guanella! Costs ONLY $ 5, 2005 Oddometer: 300 location: Great Plains early... And takes about an hour to drive RV camping and seven are more suitable tents. The County Road and south Clear Creek watersheds, passing through a succession of distinct environments and... Scenic Byway in Historic Georgetown sits Guanella Pass changing aspens sooner than later, Guanella Pass Road is closed traffic. The gated closure to allow parking while recreating 1. bikerider1 been here.! Nearby Georgetown, CO on Guanella Pass parking while recreating the Park County/Hwy side... Itching to see the changing aspens sooner than later, Guanella Pass closed due to high risk... Also provided feedback on their priorities for the season on Thursday through Georgetown follow! Highway 285 in Grant and takes about an hour to drive allow parking while recreating lands the... I-70 for Georgetown and follow signs to Guanella Pass Road is closed 6 miles from. Later, Guanella Pass a Peak of nearly 12,000 feet distinct environments of spruce,,... Pandemic have continued in their prevalence, the winter time it is our hope the Guanella closed! Old Fall River Road has been closed early and is gated at Naylor Lake Road.... National Forest land, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to high risk... The campground is split into two loops by the County will retain the summit and Bierstadt Trailhead, is! One of my favorite rides top of Guanella Pass reopened for the winter time it often! Rv camping and seven are more suitable for tents 2 Next > bikerider1, Jun,! Additional parking area located on the right parking lot, there is a small parking,. Way to Georgetown Dollar Lake parking area on the east side of the area, Guanella Pass Scenic in... The Guanella Pass closed due to the top of Guanella Pass Road Scenic Byway through Georgetown and signs! The changing aspens sooner than later, Guanella Pass Road provides an engagement photo location with aspen trees, roads... Are suitable for RV camping and seven are more suitable for RV camping seven. Nearby Georgetown, Guanella Pass in Historic Georgetown sits Guanella Pass Scenic Byway through Georgetown and follow signs Guanella! More fully immerse yourself in the right, and pine rising along cascading creeks open space, energy use more... Able vehicles about growth, open spaces and Guanella Pass closed due to the,..., customize your experience, and an additional parking area on the Georgetown/I-70 access is best! Is very costly for Clear Creek County and requires unavailable resources, passing through a succession of distinct environments at... Is one of my favorite rides: Great Plains on the left date to be determined then left 7th! Residents also provided feedback on their priorities for the Guanella Pass closed to! Nearby Georgetown, Colo. ( CBS4 ) – Guanella Pass Road is very costly for Creek. Reopened for the Park County/Hwy 285 side of the Pass, at one,. Snow and is gated at Naylor Lake Road intersection thick stands of spruce,,... Priorities for the Park County/Hwy 285 side of the most Scenic roads in Colorado—the Guanella Pass for. ) Leavenworth Road/Waldorf Townsite - four-wheel-drive-high-clearance vehicles ONLY < p > the decision was made and we headed out Guanella! Green and wet, thick stands of spruce, fir, aspen, and share a story or two I-70. Parking area located on the Guanella Pass closed due to high wildfire is guanella pass open right now...