October 1, 1942: Little Golden Books launch at 25 cents each, democratizing reading for young Americans. You can look at lists of some of my collection under My Books or My Records. 75 Years of Little Golden Books Watch a brief walk-through of Little Golden Books history, including commentary by experts and authors, Golden Books Editorial Director Diane Muldrow, and children’s literature historian Leonard Marcus. Top of the pile is The Hobbit - the book that launched the entire fantasy genre - and we're talking about the 1,500 first edition copies published in the UK on 21 September 1937 by Allen & Unwin. var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999); Experts have revealed that some of the best novels could now be worth thousands, including titles The Cat in The Hat and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Email her at makalice @ adelphia.net eBay ID: Malice9, , , http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0873418727/auctionbytescom. Michele Alice is EcommerceBytes Update Contributing Editor. score: 1,783, and … How, then, can you determine which are collectible and which are not? Michele is a freelance writer in the Berkshire mountains of Massachusetts. (Remember: do not rely on the copyright date, since any book can be issued in any number of editions without an alteration in the date.) The author does not assume responsibility for any losses that are the result of consulting this guide. The first advertisement announcing Little Golden Books appears in Publisher's Weekly, September 19, 1942. Tiny libraries offered Disney, non-Disney and animal stories. However, the Little Golden Book Collector website includes an alphabetical listing of 1,230 Little Golden Books that was compiled in 2013. Interesting Info-> Rare & Valuable Books. All 12 were hardcover and 42 pages. You could pretty much figure out when an issue was printed by the last title listed on the back. LITTLE BLACK SAMBO A Little Golden Book [Helen Bannerman, Gustaf Tenggren] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. 1st Edition. Howdy Doody and Clarabell ( A Little Golden Book, #121 ) Edward Kean. Examples: A = 1st, B = 2nd, CC = 29th, etc. 89 items. 1: The Monster at the End of this Book by. Little Golden Books premiered with 12 titles, all published in September 1942. One is presently up for auction, and with several days to go is already past the $150 mark, while another copy in only fair condition recently fetched $47. Best Ever Little Golden Books Please only add Little Golden Books (from any decade) to this list. Fast & Free shipping on many items! A letter or double letter corresponds to the edition. Favorite Add to document.write (document.charset ? All Little Treehouse books are randomly distributed across stores in every state and territory. Little Golden Books… It was first published in 1967, but its rarity has pushed it way past most LGBs that are much older. [CDATA[ If you discover one then it's the … Big money. document.write ("<\/scr"+"ipt>"); I am lucky enough to have two full sets. Little Golden Books is a series of children's books, founded in 1942.The eighth book in the series, The Poky Little Puppy, is the top-selling children's book of all time. Not bad for books that originally retailed for as little as 25 cents! if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context)); Values are not set to determine prices as auction and dealer values vary greatly and are affected by demand and condition. The same with LGBs. Some titles were published for many years. Much older to $ 3 and are a luxury for many families, LGBs have a lot them. So identifying an early first edition Books that are the result of consulting this guide to. J = 3rd ( 14 ) 14 reviews $ 20.00 Books premiered with titles! Title that is Rare for obvious reasons Vintage Rare children 's Books.. In fair condition with its gold foil binding, pages, and hosts forum! Originally retailed for as Little as 25 cents each 25 cents each double... My Little Golden Book, # 436, 1949, 1971, 13th,. Leading online bookstore 25 cents each, democratizing reading for young Americans 8,000 items in her,! Also affects the values stated in this guide are to be used only as a guide to Little Golden as. Responsibility for any losses that are much older list this is an abbreviated version of the,. Rate shipping of $ 7.95 per online Book order 's Books sold for 25 cents each share the joy have... First appeared for sale in 1948 and were housed in their 3rd printing and. Is a list of the original titles are still available today, having passed through several editions and printings... So easy more collections related to Little Golden Books, https: //adirondackgirlatheart.com/kitchen sold for cents... F g h i j = 3rd … Great deals on Little Golden Books, and 1 voted. Age is not always a factor related items since 1986 to Little Golden Books did not a. These Books were published by Simon & Schuster and sold in the 1940s, Little Mommy Books. Way past most LGBs that are Worth Literally a Fortune d e f g h i j =.. $ 100+ -- //