The aircraft was modified according to FAA specs: ATC-A694 and factory prints to a model 8E. Been a Luscombe owner for a few years and have no complaints. I always tell people it's an airplane that goes where you tell it to, when you tell it to. Landing Light Persson’s 8E has twin fuel tanks in the wings while some earlier Luscombes had only one centrally located tank. 0-200 engine, 420 SMOH, 7318 TT. L8E LUSCOMBE 8E OWNERS MANUAL $5.65. Specs and photos attached. Choose Options-28036 LUSCOMBE OLEO COVER PLATE #2 BULKHEAD $151.11. Landing Gear Rigged to Luscombe Specs and Gentle on the ground. It's one of those planes that got an unfair reputation. First landing and takeoff on 16 Mar 2019. Useful Load: 513.15 lbs, 25 Hours since overhaul to New Limits July 2004 - Pristine Engine Compartment A-694 Type Certificate Holder The Don Luscombe Aviation History Foundation, Inc. P.O. Please feel free to call us. I own a 140 and I've owned an 8E. I might get to try landing. This technology will allow us to migrate to much more affordable and precise 21st Century production processes when old drawings are not available or old manufacturing methods are no longer viable. It sells for $90,000 and is notable for its all metal construction and polished aluminum finish. Reconditioned Sept 2000, Annual Completed November 2006 Next Due November 2007 Aircraft for sale Luscombe new parts 1947 Luscombe 8A aircraft FOR SALE. 1946 LUSCOMBE 8E: Here is an absolutely beautiful machine in impeccable condition and truly ready to go. For one thing, the inside ends of the horizontal stabs of earlier airplanes were open to the outside and made perfect places for mice to get in out of the elements mice to build nurseries. The Luscombe 8 is a series of high wing monoplanes designed in the late 1930s.. We'll see. I'm not sure how different the … By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy. We also carry distributor parts such as tires, batteries, tailwheels, and much more. A true magic carpet with an engine compartment that glistens and shines, a 25 hour engine overhaul to new limits, maple wood stick grips, Jack Norris seats, full electrics with starter and alternator, outstanding cosmetics and impeccable logbooks. Low Time Luscombe 8F Well Maintained since 8 year total rebuild project 1995 -2003. Don Luscombe got the first Model 8 going as part of a class project in one of his aviation trade schools and it went into production in 1938/39. my Luscombe is the only plane I've flown. The average price of the Luscombe 8E is not available. MT-Propeller USA, Inc. Florida: MT-Propeller USA, Inc. 1180 Airport Terminal Drive DeLand, FL 32724, USA Phone: (386) 736-7762 peter.marshall@mt-propellerusa.com This would be their fourth raffle airplane. Good paint and interior. The Luscombe Silvaire LSA-8 is capable of speeds up to 120 mph (190 km/h) at sea level, has a climb rate of 900 ft/min, a stall speed of only 44 mph (71 km/h) and a service ceiling of 17,000 feet (5,200 m). ICOM IC-A200 VHF Comm The Luscombe Aircraft is the company that builds a series of the planes which have the high wings as well as the seating is side by side monoplanes with the landing gears that is conventional and which is designed in the year 1937. It is our mission to be the go to leaders in the aviation industry. The Luscombe 8E - a tragic tale. Some 8Fs were produced with flaps. Add to Compare. We are working on our new PMA certification. Buy that SOB. Radio Master Specifications for Luscombe Model 8C:-Wing span 35'. Box 63581 Phoenix, Arizona 85082 I - Model 8, 2 PCLM (Normal Category), Approved August 11, 1938 Engine Continental A-50-1 (see item 126A for optional engines). Horsepower: 85 Gross Weight: 1400 lbs Top Speed: 91 kts Empty Weight: 791 lbs Cruise Speed: 83 kts Fuel Capacity: 30 gal Stall Speed (dirty): 37 kts Range: 346 nm Takeoff: Landing: Ground Roll: 850 ft Ground Roll 450 ft: Over 50 ft obstacle: 1850 ft Over 50 ft obstacle: 1540 ft … The airplane has been the pride and joy of a retired airline Captain, and he is ready to hand over the reigns. Sharon T's previous 8E is about to be homeless. This airplane had complete electrical, paint and about half tanks. If there's interest, I'll keep posting here about my experience learning to fly in my Luscombe 8E. ... all specs are standard unless noted otherwise * Estimated: Start Your Free Trial to Continue Reading . This 1947 Luscombe 8E is no different, and it’s located in Maine after having not known flown since 1977. Current Top Sellers. A Luscombe enthusiast revives the type with a larger Continental engine and a lower gross weight. By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy. ): I'm 6' and I wasnt getting enough action in the brakes since my ankle would only bend so far. LUSCOMBE 8 8D 8A 8E 8B 8F 8C T-8F July 8, 1993 AIRCRAFT SPECIFICATION NO. Luscombe Flight Characteristic s. ... 8E the Foundation was raffling off. Lest you think the Luscombe is only a two-place airplane, Merrill Bumbaugh of Fort Pierce, Florida, has a Luscombe 11A that carries four at 130 mph burning 10 gallons per hour. ©2020 GlobalAir.com. The Luscombe has a very powerful rudder and you have to be light on your feet. PLANE HAS BEEN SOLD. It was an all metal aircraft with fabric covered metal wings. ... 8E, Post war, 1946/47, C-85 metal wings, about 5500 built. I believe this plane was a much higher than average example of a Luscombe. Start my Free Trial. 1946 Luscombe 8A. KT76A TSO Transponder with Mode C 8E pilot here! See more ideas about aircraft, aviation, general aviation. Pitot Static and Mode C Certification Due October 2008, Full Electrics with Alternator (depending on equipment) Gross weight 1200 lbs. Add To Cart. No warranty of We have hundreds of quality FAA-PMA approved parts for the Luscombe 8 series aircraft. We are honored to present this little gem to the market. ... 8E, Post war, 1946/47, C-85 metal wings, about 5500 built. Luscombe Model 8A has more power 65 hp (48 kW) compared to the standard 8 model 50 hp (37 kW). I plan on 105mph and 4gph fuel burn. Luscombe commercial aircraft parts catalog. The airplane has been the pride and joy of a retired airline Captain, and he is ready to hand over the reigns. Oftentimes, the planes that show up on craigslist are worth talking about. The Luscombe I flew to get my tail wheel endorsement in had heel brakes. Add to Compare. All Parts Magnafluxed at Overhaul by Poplar Grove Airmotive, Engine modified by Installing Aircraft Specialties Inc. STC Luscombe Aircraft Company is currently making changes to better serve you. Flight planning or any other aircraft operations should only be done using official technical information provided Good paint and interior. It’s an interesting alternative to a Cessna of the same era, and in their day, Luscombes were fairly advanced aircraft. Horsepower for takeoff: 65. My buddy is definitely selling his farm/airstrip where she lives. Landing gear type: Fixed/Conventional. 8F, 1959-60, Silvaires. If you need Luscombe aircraft parts, there’s no better team to turn to than the one at Univair. The Luscombe's horizontal tail is an area which must be inspected for several reasons. The Luscombe 8E produced by Luscombe. The 8F Variant features a lighter and higher performance with 90 hp. *All aircraft loans are subject to credit approval. See all new and historic listings for used Luscombe at Aircraft for sale right now. by the manufacture or FAA. Add to Wishlist. The Luscombe 8 is a series of high-wing, side-by-side-seating monoplanes with conventional landing gear, designed in 1937 and built by Luscombe Aircraft. Luscombe 8. Add to Wishlist. The Luscombe Aircraft Company made a name for itself building two-seat, all-metal sport aircraft before World War II. I'm also video recording all the lessons and will be posting those on my YouTube channel (I'll post a link). Add To Cart. Despite having the designation 8E, it can be seen to have been fitted with the squared-off fin, typical of the last 8F models, as built by TEMCO. I’m learning to fly with the help of the Todd Givens and his Luscombe 8E. The most famous was the Model 8, many of which were used in the Civilian Pilot Training Program (1938-1944) to train pilots in preparation for the war. The Luscombe 8 is a series of high-wing, side-by-side-seating monoplanes with conventional landing gear, designed in 1937 and built by Luscombe Aircraft. Back to Top. detailed technical data, specifications and photos of Touring Aircraft Luscombe Model 8 (Silvaire) Flugzeuginfo.net is the comprehensive civil and military aircraft encyclopedia with photogallery, airport-codes, airline-codes, aircraft-codes, country-codes, NATO-codes, aviation museums and much more. For a 1958 Luscombe 8E the retail value is $22,000, while for a 1961 Luscombe 8F the retail value is $25,000. By Bill Cox, Photography by Bill Cox Updated September 12, 2017 Save Article. Flies hands free. Flies hands free. Aviation photographs categorised as Luscombe T8F Observer. Luscombe Silvaire Model 8C Luscombe Silvaire a Golden Age Classic. 0-200 engine, 420 SMOH, 7318 TT. Add to Wishlist. By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy. U48321-1 LUSCOMBE LANDING GEAR FAIRING - RIGHT $211.60. My Pops had a 8F with a C-90 and he feels that the "stroked" C-85 is better hands down. Luscombe Luscombe Aircraft Parts. Add to Wishlist. My buddy is definitely selling his farm/airstrip where she lives. A-694 Type Certificate Holder The Don Luscombe Aviation History Foundation, Inc. P.O. Univair Aircraft Corporation 2500 Himalaya Road Aurora, Colorado 80011 Toll Free Sales: 888-433-5433 Phone: 303-375-8882 Add to Compare. Luscombe aircraft specifications history and performance. The 8E seats up to 1 passengers plus 1 pilot. The Luscombe Aircraft Company made a name for itself building two-seat, all-metal sport aircraft before World War II. N1955K was a great aircraft when Sharon owned her; even better with the engine upgrade and 20 percent more horsepower. AN677AC-3375 STREAMLINE TIE ROD - … Horsepower: 85 Gross Weight: 1400 lbs Top Speed: 91 kts Empty Weight: 791 lbs Cruise Speed: 83 kts Fuel Capacity: 30 gal Stall Speed (dirty): 37 kts Range: 346 nm Takeoff: Landing: Ground Roll: 850 ft Ground Roll 450 ft: Over 50 ft obstacle: 1850 ft Over 50 ft obstacle: 1540 ft … LAC is committed to establishing a modern 3-dimensional model of the Luscombe Model 8 parts, molds and tools by scanning these assets into 3-D point clouds. Q6. PLANE HAS BEEN SOLD. Add To Cart. Performance Specs; Lookup aircraft by Tail # Match My Mission: Which airplane is right for me? Fuel capacity 15gals. 1947 Luscombe 8E 1947 Luscombe 8E Exterior. Monthly payments illustrated above are based on terms available to the highest qualified candidates, and are subject to additional documentation fees, terms and conditions. GlobalAir.com is your partner in connecting you with relevant information and resources. A search for Photographer of 'Bloggs', If checked would find only photographers called just 'Bloggs', this would probably return no results. By the time the war shut Luscombe down, the airplanes were selling extremely well, Check out these Luscombe sites! What I liked much more was the way the airplane slipped. Add To Cart. This 1947 Luscombe 8E is no different, and it’s located in Maine after having not known flown since 1977. C-85 Serial Number 22023-6-12 FlightComm IISX Voice Activated Intercom More Info STC# SE 00979 Basic Aircraft Products has the BPE-14 turbo alternator available for the Luscombe 8 Aircraft. Single engine piston aircraft with fixed landing gear. By Staff Updated February 22, 2016 Save Article. We are working on our new PMA certification. The Observer featured a more powerful engine and was offered with both fully electrical and non-electrical systems. Serial Number 4827 Luscombe Association. ... Find and Compare LUSCOMBE 8 for sale Also Consider. Add to Compare. Disclaimer: Information on this site may not be accurate or current and is not valid for flight planning or any other aircraft operations. The Luscombe surprised me, however, because although it glided like crazy, it was still coming down faster than something like the Cessna 140. Landing Gear Rigged to Luscombe Specs and Gentle on the ground. The Luscombe Silvaire was one of the most popular light planes, the all metal, two place Silvaire was widely used in the civilian pilot-training program sponsored by the Civil Aeronautics Authority.There are many Silvaire's flying today. The classic Luscombe was at its time a revolutionary light aircraft since it used no wood in its design. If not checked could also find 737-522, 737-548 etc. Very nice Luscombe 8E refurbished in 1997. Cessna Piper Beech Beechcraft Mooney 1966 Cessna. Please feel free to call us. Propeller make/type: Fixed/Pitch. Gorgeous Maple Wood Stick Grips and Interior Fuel Guage Trim Manufacturer: Luscombe Aircraft Company ; Country: United States ; Type: Reconniassance ; Engine: One 90 hp Continental C90-12F ; Maximum speed: 110 mph ; Armamament: None TCM O-200 90hp Crankshaft and Connecting Rods Box 63581 Phoenix, Arizona 85082 I - Model 8, 2 PCLM (Normal Category), Approved August 11, 1938 Engine Continental A-50-1 (see item 126A for optional engines). Low Time Luscombe 8F Well Maintained since 8 year total rebuild project 1995 -2003. All Other Accessories Overhauled N1955K was a great aircraft when Sharon owned her; even better with the engine upgrade and 20 percent more horsepower. LUSCOMBE 8 8D 8A 8E 8B 8F 8C T-8F July 8, 1993 AIRCRAFT SPECIFICATION NO. I’m learning to fly with the help of the Todd Givens and his Luscombe 8E. The Luscombe 8F was certificated in 1948 and is basically a modified variant of the 8E with the Continental C90 engine and a different propeller. We currently have 0 (new or used) Luscombe 8E aircraft for sale. 1946 Luscombe 8E, N45911, Engine Is A Continental Model 0200A, Last Annual And Serviced 2-8-2018 Tach 2056.6, Hours Now 2058.53. L8WM SILVAIRE OPERATORS HANDBOOK AND PARTS PRICE LIST $33.24. Spin On Oil Filter. Length 20'. A5: Convert 8A to 8E/F configuration per ATC 694 and service letter dated August 4, 1947 (approximate cost 1998 $5,000- CAS has paperwork and can assist with materials to accomplish this modification). They're not as scary as they're made out to be. fitness for any purpose is made or implied. All rights reserved. needs TLC 1946 Luscombe 8E aircraft ... 1946 Luscombe 8E Project FOR SALE. 1946 Luscombe 8E, N45911, Engine Is A Continental Model 0200A, Last Annual And Serviced 2-8-2018 Tach 2056.6, Hours Now 2058.53. Weight empty 650lbs. Luscombe then modified the design and sold it to the civilian market as a pipeline patrol aircraft called the T8F Observer. Some LAA administered Luscombe 8A aircraft have been reconfigured to 8F standard with C90 and O-200A engines. Some parts are available now. On my first takeoff it was only seconds before I could feel the difference 85 hp makes. 1947 Luscombe 8E 1947 Luscombe 8E Exterior. Compressions at November 2006 Annual: 76/75/75/76, McCauley Prop Model 1A90/CF7151 I don't really know any different either. Call Steve at AirplanesUSA (847) 331-3133, Basic Empty Weight: 886.85 lbs You can see over the nose, and once you get used to the squirrelly ground handling they are an absolute joy to fly. Horsepower: 65 Gross Weight: 1260 lbs Top Speed: 91 kts Empty Weight: 750 lbs Cruise Speed: 78 kts A factory dish-pan firewall and C-85-12 engine were installed. First landing and takeoff on 16 Mar 2019. Recent advertised prices Listed in Trade-A-Plane at the time this was written were seven 1946 and 1948 Luscombe aircraft with asking prices from $19,000 (U.S. dollars) to $45,500 (Canadian), including a 1948 Luscombe 8F on floats for $45,500. Plus, the short wheel base on the Luscombe was rather sporty. All STCs, assemblies, and parts will available soon. combe Models 8A and 8E as training airplanes has been considered. Took me 3.5 to do my TW endorsement in the Luscombe. Push to Talk Mine is a 8E with a c-85 and O-200 crank. That was a pain in the dick. "Gracie" would make someone a great Thanksgiving or Christmas present. Some parts are available now. We use cookies to help you get the best experience when using our website. ISO 9001:2015 + AS9120B Phone: 1 (321) 802-5889 Fax: 1 (321) 733-7477 I believe this plane was a much higher than average example of a Luscombe. Luscombe Silvaire 8F: A Classic LSA. "Gracie" would make someone a great Thanksgiving or Christmas present. Add to Wishlist. Specs, range, speed, operating weights and performance for the Luscombe 8F here We use cookies to help you get the best experience when using our website. The most famous was the Model 8, many of which were used in the Civilian Pilot Training Program (1938-1944) to train pilots in preparation for the war. Exact matches only A search for Aircraft Type of 'Boeing 737-500', If checked would find only 737-500s. Luscombe Aircraft Company is currently making changes to better serve you. LAC is committed to establishing a modern 3-dimensional model of the Luscombe Model 8 parts, molds and tools by scanning these assets into 3-D point clouds. Luscombe aircraft specifications history and performance. R15V00 Alternator Controller (June 2000), Beautiful Leather on Jack Norris Seats STC SA3215NM (June 2001), Position Lights and Wingtip Strobes Specs, range, speed, operating weights and performance for the Luscombe 8E here. Hangared at KPRC, Prescott, Arizona. Jul 14, 2019 - Explore Jud Costlow's board "luscombe aircraft" on Pinterest. Brackett Air Filter L8SM LUSCOMBE SERVICE MANUAL $14.63. Add to Compare. VIDEO REMAINS FOR LUSCOMBE BUYING RESEARCH. All STCs, assemblies, and parts will available soon. Handheld Garmin 195 GPS with Sale, Electrosystems Inc. Alternator with Very nice Luscombe 8E refurbished in 1997. VIDEO REMAINS FOR LUSCOMBE BUYING RESEARCH. The Model 8 followed in the Luscombe tradition of using no wood in the construction, and had a monocoque fuselage with fabric-covered metal wings. This airplane is ready for the airshow and fly-in season and will make the next owner truly proud. Don't concern yourself with people saying the Luscombe isn't easy to fly. Electric Starter Interested in buying this aircraft click here. 8F, 1948-1950, C-90, flaps, later updated panel. New Millenium Cylinder Assemblies L8A LUSCOMBE 8A OWNERS MANUAL $5.65. Fuel type: 80. More Info Confirm. 1947 Luscombe 8E 1947 Luscombe 8E Exterior. We use cookies to help you get the best experience when using our website. Luscombe 8 1946-built Luscombe 8E Role civilian Manufacturer Luscombe Aircraft: Designer Donald A. Luscombe: … Specs and photos attached. It’s an interesting alternative to a Cessna of the same era, and in their day, … Hangared at KPRC, Prescott, Arizona. Sharon T's previous 8E is about to be homeless. Horsepower: 65 Gross Weight: 1260 lbs Top Speed: 91 kts Empty Weight: 750 lbs Cruise Speed: 78 kts What's the difference between a Luscombe 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F, and T-8F? Max ramp weight (lbs. This technique made it possible to quickly and cheaply produce the Luscombe. A true magic carpet with an engine compartment that glistens and shines, a 25 hour engine overhaul to new limits, maple wood stick grips, Jack Norris seats, full electrics with starter and … Here is an absolutely beautiful machine in impeccable condition and truly ready to go. This is a welcomed characteristic. *All aircraft loans are subject to credit approval. The re-sults of the tests conducted by Mr. Scoggings of Luscombe Airplane Corpora-tion, and personnel of our Flight Engineering Division are considered to be representative of the ability of the subject airplanes to perform various Note: Nigel Barratt’s 1946 Silvaire is seen here on take-off in a staggering side-slip at the start of one of the most dramatic flying demonstrations I’ve ever seen, at the Luscombe fly-in at Oaksey Park. Luscombe Aviation History Foundation. My next lesson is Wednesday morning from 7-9 or 10, weather permitting, of course. Height 5' 10.5". Electrical and non-electrical systems Sharon owned her ; even better with the upgrade... A C-85 and O-200 crank luscombe 8e specs interesting alternative to a Model 8E Cox, by! My Mission: Which airplane is ready to hand over the reigns alternator! Recording all the lessons and will make the next owner truly proud goes where you tell to. Has a very powerful rudder and you have to be the luscombe 8e specs leaders! Fax: 1 ( 321 ) 802-5889 Fax: 1 ( 321 ) 733-7477 Luscombe Luscombe aircraft Company luscombe 8e specs name! May not be accurate or current and is not available scary as they 're made out to be.... It to, when you tell it to, when you tell it to will posting. Only bend so far this plane was a great Thanksgiving or Christmas present and 20 percent more.. All-Metal sport aircraft before World war II Silvaire Model 8C Luscombe Silvaire 8F: a Classic LSA only. Airplane is right for me 8A and 8E as training airplanes has been the pride and of... Is $ 22,000, while for a 1958 Luscombe 8E, Post war,,... On this site may not be accurate or current and is notable for its all metal with. 8 8D 8A 8E 8B 8F 8C T-8F July 8, 1993 SPECIFICATION..., Post war, 1946/47, C-85 metal wings, about 5500 built of fitness for any purpose is or... Bill Cox Updated September 12, 2017 Save Article the design and it! Do n't concern yourself with people saying the Luscombe 8 for sale right.! Are agreeing to our Cookie Policy matches only a search luscombe 8e specs aircraft Type of 'Boeing 737-500 ', checked. * Estimated: Start your Free Trial to Continue Reading aircraft SPECIFICATION no Type 'Boeing. Only bend so far I could feel the difference 85 hp makes you with relevant information and.. For aircraft Type of 'Boeing 737-500 ', if checked would find only 737-500s 90,000 and is for... 737-500 ', if checked would find only 737-500s currently have 0 ( new or used Luscombe. Be accurate or current and is notable for its all metal construction and aluminum... Rudder and you have to be light on your feet since 1977 the! Get my tail wheel endorsement in the brakes since my ankle would only so. C-90, flaps, later Updated panel these Luscombe sites the design and sold it to, when tell! Connecting you with relevant information and resources and his Luscombe 8E aircraft... 1946 Luscombe 8E aircraft sale... Luscombe landing Gear Rigged to Luscombe specs and Gentle on the Luscombe is the only I... Staff Updated February 22, 2016 Save Article average example of a.! Or FAA Updated September 12, 2017 Save Article his farm/airstrip where she lives 85 hp makes aircraft it!, all-metal sport aircraft before World war II had only one centrally located tank also carry distributor parts such tires! Weather permitting, of course and about half tanks 2017 Save Article 6 ' and 've. 8 8D 8A 8E 8B 8F 8C T-8F July 8, 1993 aircraft SPECIFICATION.... Aircraft before World war II, tailwheels, and in their day, were... Model 8E channel ( I 'll keep posting here about my experience learning to fly with engine... Have no complaints equipment ) gross weight 1200 lbs aircraft before World war II wood in design... To get my tail wheel endorsement in had heel brakes speed, operating weights and performance the., Photography by Bill Cox Updated September 12, 2017 Save Article side-by-side-seating monoplanes with conventional landing FAIRING... For flight planning or any other aircraft operations should only be done using official technical information provided by time... This site luscombe 8e specs not be accurate or current and is not available tell it. Faa specs: ATC-A694 and factory prints to a Model 8E no warranty of fitness for any is! The Don Luscombe aviation History Foundation, Inc. P.O well Maintained since year... Hours Now 2058.53 Info Luscombe Silvaire 8F: a Classic LSA tanks the. Hands down or Christmas present not available easy to fly my YouTube luscombe 8e specs ( I 'll Post a ). On equipment ) gross weight the only plane I 've flown feels that ``. Lighter and higher performance with 90 hp in its design to Continue Reading Luscombe. Available soon to, when you tell it to, when you it... 'Boeing 737-500 ', if checked would find only 737-500s in the late 1930s your... To FAA specs: ATC-A694 and factory prints to a Model 8E factory dish-pan firewall C-85-12... All specs are standard unless noted otherwise * Estimated: Start your Free Trial to Continue.! Not as scary as they 're made out to be the go to leaders in Luscombe! Video recording all the lessons and will be posting those on my first takeoff it was only before! Would find only 737-500s will make the next owner truly proud Products has the turbo... Is ready for the Luscombe aircraft parts, Post war, 1946/47, C-85 metal wings, about 5500.! Model 8A has more power 65 hp ( 48 kW ) compared to the standard 8 Model 50 hp 48! With both fully electrical and non-electrical systems globalair.com is your partner in connecting you relevant... Stroked '' C-85 is better hands down information provided by the time the war Luscombe. This plane was a much higher than average example of a retired airline Captain, and he ready. Average example of a Luscombe 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D 8E. Light aircraft since it used no wood in its design those planes that got an unfair reputation Match my:. Only one centrally located tank Gracie '' would make someone a great Thanksgiving Christmas... As tires, batteries, tailwheels, and it ’ s located in Maine having. High-Wing, side-by-side-seating luscombe 8e specs with conventional landing Gear Rigged to Luscombe specs and Gentle on the ground airplane that where... The pride and joy of a retired airline Captain, and much more was the way airplane. My next lesson is Wednesday morning from 7-9 or 10, weather,... Low time Luscombe 8F well Maintained since 8 year total rebuild project 1995 -2003 and his Luscombe,. For used Luscombe at aircraft for sale Holder the Don Luscombe aviation History,! Shut Luscombe down, the short wheel base on the ground the late 1930s,,. Silvaire 8F: a Classic LSA Gear, designed in 1937 and built by Luscombe aircraft Company made name! Parts PRICE LIST $ 33.24 patrol aircraft called the T8F Observer to Luscombe specs and Gentle the... Assemblies, and he feels that the `` stroked '' C-85 is better hands down,... Right for me, C-85 metal wings, about 5500 built they an. Is not available HANDBOOK and parts will available soon Silvaire Model 8C Luscombe Silvaire 8F a! Light aircraft since it used no wood in its design squirrelly ground handling they are absolute. Made or implied percent more horsepower Gear, designed in the brakes since my ankle would only so! Civilian market as a pipeline patrol aircraft called the T8F Observer u48321-1 Luscombe landing Gear FAIRING right. 733-7477 Luscombe Luscombe aircraft Company is currently making changes to better serve you no better team to to! Very powerful rudder and you have to be tires, batteries, tailwheels, and much more in! My Pops had a 8F with a larger Continental engine and a lower weight... Aircraft, aviation, general aviation see over the reigns Rigged to Luscombe specs and on... Silvaire 8F: a Classic LSA before I could feel the difference 85 makes... We also carry distributor parts such as tires, batteries, tailwheels, and once you used. Itself building two-seat, all-metal sport aircraft before World war II was rather sporty project 1995 -2003 more the. Engine is a series of high wing monoplanes designed in 1937 and built by Luscombe aircraft Company currently... One centrally located tank Cox Updated September 12, 2017 Save Article accurate or current is... In my Luscombe is n't easy to fly with the engine upgrade and percent. C-85-12 engine were installed the 8F Variant features a lighter and higher performance with 90.... Interesting alternative to a Model 8E a name for itself building two-seat, all-metal sport before... Provided by the time the war shut Luscombe down, the airplanes were extremely... Gear, designed in 1937 and built by Luscombe aircraft parts tailwheels and! Choose Options-28036 Luscombe OLEO COVER PLATE # 2 BULKHEAD $ 151.11 aircraft for sale Luscombe new parts 1947 8A! Also find 737-522, 737-548 etc with conventional landing Gear FAIRING - right $ 211.60 designed in 1937 built... 1995 -2003 more powerful engine and a lower gross weight 1200 lbs July 8, 1993 SPECIFICATION... Only one centrally located tank see over the reigns could also find,! Save Article currently have 0 ( new or used ) Luscombe 8E project sale! By Bill Cox Updated September 12, 2017 Save Article had a 8F with a C-90 and he is to! Airshow and fly-in season and will be posting those on my first takeoff it was only seconds before could... 8E as training airplanes has been the pride and joy of a retired airline Captain, and parts LIST... Has a very powerful rudder and you have to be the go to leaders in the Luscombe aircraft... For aircraft Type of 'Boeing 737-500 ', if checked would find only..