For those tasks, that’s why the Pro exists. I am eighteen years old and starting college this month and I am planning to be a Neonatal Nurse. In the end, the MacBook Air vs iPad Pro question here is mostly tied to the requirements of your university program. Consider it like a sports car. Both the MacBook Air and the smaller MacBook Pro have a 13.3-inch screen running at a 2560x1600 resolution – though the Pro does use a wider P3 colour gamut, and is … Below, we compare the key specs of the MacBook Air and the various MacBook Pro models to help you decide which is best. What we feel is that unlike the previous versions of these laptops that were powered by Intel processors, there is not much difference between the Pro and Air this time. Similarly, MacBook pro has the most speed and power and great for tough programs. The keyboard is arguably the most substantial upgrade for the MacBook Air 2020, as Apple ditched its controversial butterfly switches in … Don't buy a MacBook if you need the power of a MacBook Pro, but for regular studies, there is a huge amount to be said in favor of a MacBook instead of a MacBook Air… Jack is the Content Manager for Tech.co. If you’re stepping onto campus with either a MacBook Air or Pro under your arm, then you’ll be the envy of plenty of students. Both the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro are excellent laptops in their own right, but which one to opt for depends on what you’ll be using it for. Or call 1‑800‑MY‑APPLE. That size makes it compact enough to take around school, but still strong enough to … The difference in price is the pro being $900 vs the air at $950. The MacBook Air starts at just $999, while the least-expensive 13-inch MacBook Pro model is $1,299. The Air is the thinnest, and it's lighter than the Pro models, The Air is a better choice for simple day-to-day use such as browsing and email, The 13-inch Pro (updated for 2020) is the cheapest Pro model, The Pro 16-inch is the most expensive model, aimed at design professionals, The Air only comes with a 13-inch screen, whereas the Pro comes in either 13 or 16-inch sizes, both with sub-variants for processors and RAM, All Pro models now have the unique ‘Touch Bar’ above the keyboard, Dedicated graphics card on some Pro models, 16-inch screen could be overkill for some. What would you recommend? I am going to college in september and was wondering which would be best. If you’re in the market for a laptop, chances are you’ll have looked at Apple’s MacBook range with envy. For more, see our Full Review of the 2018 MacBook Air, In the MacBook line up, the Pro is the pinnacle, making it the most desirable (and costly) laptop bearing the Apple badge. The MacBook Pro is probably overkill for most students. MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro 13-inch: Conclusion. Like previous versions, the latest iteration of the MacBook Air features up to 12 hours of battery life. While there has been some friendly rivalry in recent years between the Air and MacBook models, with both vying to be the thinnest and lightest, the Air holds the current crown, and it is as svelte as an Instagram model’s airbrushed beach shot. The MacBook Pro can be upgraded to a higher level than the MacBook Air, and this is the primary reason some users opt for the Pro instead of the Air. If you’re not sure what sort of specs you’ll need for your course, check with the college ahead of time, who should be able to advise you on what most students use. This is effectively a sensor that monitors your environment and then adjusts the display accordingly. For most students, the Air is a perfect fit, thanks to its lower price point and portability. It just seems more convenient. Tech.co is reader-supported. MacBook Air or MacBook Pro: Which is Best? MacBook Pro vs. MacBook Air Battery Life Comparison There is no laptop that could beat MacBook models in battery life and efficiency. The M1-powered MacBook Air sports all the power of the 12.9-inch iPad Pro and … He has been writing about a broad variety of technology subjects for over a decade, both in print and online, including laptops and tablets, gaming, and tech scams. Click to return to top of page, We're sorry this article didn't help you today – we welcome feedback, so if there's any way you feel we could improve our content, please email us at contact@tech.co. However, its cheapest laptop is the MacBook Air, at $1,199. The peak of this was the launch of the original Air, which at the time was heavily advertised as being able to fit into an A4 envelope. In a 100 meter race, the 16-inch Pro would be signing autographs at the finish line while the Air was still listening for the starting gun. There’s no such thing as “a bad MacBook”. The MacBook Pro series is scalable depending on what your needs (and budget) are. But, which one to opt for depends on what you’re studying. The reason for this is that it is stuffed with tech, from fast Intel processors (up to i7 if you can afford it), to dedicated Radeon graphics cards. Be the first to answer this question. What port is this used in on my macbook air? It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews. Lackluster Screen: The 1440 x 900 display on the MacBook Air isn't as sharp as those on other MacBooks and competing PCs. Is it essential? The MacBook Pro is a notebook, and most of us are used to doing our work on a laptop. The 13-inch MacBook Air starts at $999, and the 11-inch at $899, and that starter model is no slouch. ), Answer now(can MacBook Air get affected by virus), Answer now(What port is this used in on my macbook air? Search for questions from other customers. It’s also been shaved down to a satisfyingly slim and compact shape, but the Air is the ultimate laptop for portability. both Air and new Pro now have PCIe SSD and permanent RAM. We don’t know when this will happen, but we expect it to be before summer 2019. The MacBook Pro 13-inch ups the starting price to $1299, but does come with a … The answer, in very simple terms, is this: There’s some nuance to this – including which of the MacBook Pro variants to choose between. Uses include using it to scrub through the frames on a video file, or quickly add emojis to your messages. It’s the Pro though that goes the extra mile, though. MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro for College Hello Reddit, I'm a rising college freshman looking to major in physics, math with computer science (math and CS combined into a single major) and minor in comparative media studies, but I can't figure out whether to get the Air or the Pro. It might have lost some impact today, but at a time when most laptops were knee-crushing behemoths, it was practically black magic. Most tablets look like iPads, most phones look like iPhones, and there certainly isn’t a lack of high-end laptops that look rather familiar…. Well, nothing. From the last year’s 12-hours backup, the new MacBook Air gets a major jump to 18-hours and the MacBook Pro gets 20-hours of backup in total. (What port is this used in on my macbook air?). The entire MacBook Air vs Pro conversation just changed in a grand way. Cupertino, California — Apple today updated MacBook Air, adding True Tone to its Retina display for a more natural viewing experience, and lowering the price to $1,099, with an even lower price of $999 for college students.In addition, the entry-level $1,299 13-inch MacBook Pro has been updated with the latest 8th-generation quad-core processors, making it two times more powerful than before. It’s also worth noting that Apple offers discounts for students, meaning that you can make a saving on a new MacBook. Both the Pro and the Air are beautifully designed and offer excellent battery life, at around 12 hours between charges. Yes, the Pro can do all this, too. I am doing computing so I will need to install a partition onto it for windows. The MacBook Air represents the best of Apple’s laptop line up for the everyday user, suiting their needs, and their pocket, too. Our guide will help you work out exactly which model will work best for you. This is a thin touch screen that sits at the top of the keyboard and offers a context sensitive control panel. It is as . We use cookies. You’re unlikely to meet a MacBook user with much negative to say about their laptop of choice. Perfect for daily browsing and work, it's slim, light and runs like a dream, Lots of power, a brilliant screen and an improved keyboard make this the perfect MacBook for demanding users, though the Air is cheaper, The absolute pinnacle of MacBooks, and everything a design professional could want – but at an eye-watering price, Discontinued by Apple, this is the smallest MacBook available. I'm going to university this fall studying informatics and I'm looking between the 13 inch MacBook Pro 2012 non-retina that has 500gb or the new 13 inch MacBook Air but the base model which is 128gb SSD. I like the pro because it has the 500gb and is cheaper. So okay, the MacBook Pro can do all that too. Apple's ditching Intel's processors for its own Apple silicon and the results are staggering. But, upgrade to the 16-inch model and the Pro comes with a dedicated Radeon Pro graphics card – this gives the 16-inch Pro a significant boost when handling graphics. Both the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro are excellent laptops in their own right, but which one to opt for depends on what you’ll be using it for. The closest Apple alternative to the MacBook Air is the entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro, which tips the scales at 3 pounds. Air vs Pro 2020 for a “writer” and college student. Click to Learn More. Apple has long built its reputation on offering high end computing equipment that is desirable, not affordable. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Sure, you can play Fortnite on it at a decent frame rate, but, more importantly, it can power through intensive media editing or graphic rendering with relative ease. The Pro, though starts with a 2.3GHz dual core Intel i5, and works its way there all the way up to a 2.3GHz 8-core Intel i9 in the 16-inch model (should your wallet allow it). As for which is best? With the Air, you’re paying for a laptop that will cruise its way through your daily tasks. Any sugestions? By contrast, the MacBook 12-inch and MacBook Pro … On the one hand, the MacBook, and particularly the flagship MacBook Pro, is famed for its exquisite style, exceptional build quality and lightning speed of use. In pixels - the higher the number, the greater the screen detail. Our independent reviews and recommendations are funded in part by affiliate commissions, at no extra cost to our readers. MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro for college? Also I need it fast and have a really good battery life. The MacBook Air vs. the MacBook Pro. While the Pro models have the same Retina display as the Air, it’s notably brighter, and also offers ‘True Tone Technology’ on the Touch Bar Pro models. Yes, it looks great, and it goes fast, but if you’re only using it to drive into town a few days a week, you’re not going to feel the benefit of all those dollars. We didn’… Need the best laptop possible as an investment for your career in design? If there’s one thing that Apple is famed for, it’s design. I want to be able to have many tabs open etc, but probably will never be using any programs that are too demanding of the computer. This version also features an improved, scissor switch-based Magic Keyboard, just like the 16-inch MacBook Pro. Want an all-rounder for general office and home use? So, what’s wrong with that one? Though similar on that front, the brightness levels between the two laptops couldn’t be more different. The MacBook Pro line starts from around $1,300 – click to compare MacBook Pro prices on Amazon. We’ve got you covered. I can't decide between the 13' MacBook Air or 13' MacBook Pro (without retina) I would upgrade the one I pick to 8GB. The rivalry between the MacBook and the PC laptop has been ongoing on for many years. Depending on the field of your studies, some software you might need to use could be unavailable on iPadOS. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. One important thing to consider it … I need a machine for causal use. MacBook Air 2020 vs MacBook Pro 2019 – Keyboard. Known for their premium design, and a mainstay of coffee shops everywhere, MacBooks have a reputation as speedy, capable laptops that are a joy to use. The newest macbook Pro is essentially a larger macbook Air with Retina display and options for speed in increasing prices up to an independent graphics and quad core processor. Privacy PolicyTerms of UseSales and RefundsLegalSite Map. The Air comes with an 8th generation 1.6GHz dual-core Intel i5. It’s a great option for anyone who travels a lot with their laptop and doesn’t want to be inconvenienced by a weighty set-up. But, the caveat is that the Pro is notably more expensive, and likely to be overkill for most students. Thread Macbook Pro vs. Macbook Air Author Date within 1 day 3 days 1 week 2 weeks 1 month 2 months 6 months 1 year of Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04 You can also see our guide to laptop specs explained. If you’re. If you go for the Pro, you’re getting a high spec machine that comes with a premium price tag, so make sure you’ll actually get the use out of it before investing. If you’re a student who wants a light, easy-to-carry Apple laptop, it’s hard to do better than the MacBook Air. It will let you juggle your social media activity, Netflix binging, web browsing and daily work with ease. That’s where our MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro guide comes in. We think it’s well worth investing the extra $200 for the newer model, rather than picking up the cheaper Air now and regretting it one or two years down the line. The most important thing is to understand what your own needs are ahead of picking up a MacBook. The most important thing is not choosing a model that’s overkill for your own needs – as the prices get very steep, very fast. More on this – see our guide to the Best Laptops for College. Subject: MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro Anonymous For student work I'd get a minimally-configured MacBook Pro if you can spend the extra $300 over the Air (i.e., no CPU or memory upgrades, assuming they're not doing computationally intensive work like a lot of video editing). To keep your budget down, but still get plenty of power, we’d recommend the 13-inch MacBook Pro without a Touch Bar. Two of the Pro models (one 13-inch, one 16-inch) are also home to Apple’s Touch Bar, a feature you won’t find on the MacBook Air. Outside of that, the two devices look very similar.Both devices also pack Retina displays with a total resolution of 2,560 × 1,600, or 227 pixels per inch. Is it cool? The MacBook Pro is a beast of a laptop, designed to tackle complex video editing and graphical processing with ease. This makes them excellent travel companions, no matter which model you go for. The NEW macbook Pro and Air are EXTREMELY close in form factor. The built in storage space for files, programs, apps and the operating system, More RAM tends to help a computer to run quickly and multitask, For MacBooks, this is the newer style of keyboard, replacing the unpopular Butterfly keyboard, Runs along the top of the keyboard, lets you give certain commands depending on the program running, For secure login by fingerprint recognition, The best MacBook for day-to-day casual users, and beautifully portable, The premium Apple MacBook, with matching premium pricetag. However, the updated version of the iPad Pro is a solid contender for replacing the standard notebooks seen around campuses. If you’re keen to invest in an Apple laptop, it’s now a decision that boils down to the MacBook Pro or the MacBook Air, as Apple has discontinued the 12-inch ‘MacBook'. More ways to shop: Find an Apple Store or other retailer near you. Let’s be clear – while the Pro has more raw processing muscle, the Air is still no slouch, and will happily breeze through most of the tasks that you throw at it without breaking a sweat. Mobile users scroll right to see full table, The go-to MacBook for anyone but the most demanding users. The good news? Bumping the Air to 256GB results in both devices being about the same price (especially if you order from B&H, which has the MacBook currently discounted to $1199). There are several MacBook Pro options out there, but the 13-inch MacBook Pro is the best for college students. Students who need a remote learning tool are going to naturally gravitate towards one of them. The MacBook Air is 304.1 x 212.4mm, and 16.1mm thick, tapering to 4.1mm at its narrowest point. On a stockholders call in early 2019, Apple promised that it was going to lower the price of the MacBook Air. By this point, the old Air will practically be a fossil, specs wise. The Pro is the priciest laptop in the MacBook line up, and can run you up to $2,800 if you opt for the 16-inch model with 512GB of storage and a blisteringly fast 8-core i9 processor. If screen quality is important to you, then you’ve come to the right brand. The company has been responsible for spawning thousands of imitators and a lot of modern tech devices owe their shells to Apple’s influence in some way. Whether you choose to buy MacBook Air vs. MacBook vs. 13-inch MacBook Pro, you will need the best applications to handle various matters. fabled as the legendary battle of David vs. Goliath. Asked by Caroline P; Feb 20, 2014 With the 2018 MacBook Air, Apple took the rather neglected laptop and brought it bang up to date. Check out its Apple Education site for offers. As well as years of experience reviewing the latest tech devices, Jack has also conducted investigative research into a number of tech-related issues, including privacy and fraud. Chances are that many of your textbooks will outweigh the Air – you’ll barely notice it in your backpack. That’s a slight misnomer, as tech-wise, it blows most entry-level Windows models out of the water. This model is the cheapest Pro, but still packs in enough power for all but the most demanding users. That’s not one for the budget conscious, but it’s a serious asset for design professionals. Apple’s laptop displays are hard to beat. Apple has even upgraded the keyboard and display on the Air to bring it closer to the Pro. Even the entry-level 2018 Air has now been bestowed its Retina display, with a 2560×1600 screen that is vibrant and offers stunning color reproduction. However, the MacBook Air is … It's only worth buying if you find it at a big discount, versus the newer Air. Any sugestions? However, the MacBook is the most portable and great for travelers. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. We're so happy you liked! That’s the price of the 2018 entry level Air, and if you’ve been on Apple’s website looking longingly through the virtual shop window, you might have spotted another Air that costs $999. The MacBook line offers three distinct choices: the 13-inch Air, 13-inch Pro and 16-inch Pro. It’s a familiar technology for mobile devices, but it’s still rare to find it on laptops. If you’re looking to do anything graphically intense, or some serious number crunching, this is the one to go for. Choosing between the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro really comes down to two major factors – Budget and Need. Also I need it fast and have a really good battery life. It now packs in an 8th generation processor, and took some design cues from the MacBook Pro too, including finally getting a highly detailed Retina screen. As claimed by the manufacturer – actual performance will vary depending on daily tasks. It’s also had its speakers moved to the sides of the keyboard, rather than underneath, making the sound more impactful and clearer. The Air doesn’t have the necessary grunt for heavy lifting tasks – think graphics editing, giant spreadsheets full of macros, or video work. There are, of course, multiple configurations available for each, though. Answer now, Answer now(will this work with an macbook pro? For example, while the MacBook Air is equipped with up to 11 hours of battery life, 16GB of storage, and is the perfect size to slide into a backpack comfortably, the price starts at $999. I am going to college in september and was wondering which would be best. But, it would be like buying a flamethrower to make toast – impressive, but overkill. Need a (just about affordable) laptop for heavy duty graphic work and complex editing? Then, there’s the processors. I am doing computing so I will need to install a partition onto it for windows. Macbook air or pro for college? That’s not to say that the MacBook Pro is a chunky brick, by any means. While the older Air model is perfectly fine, it’s rather dated – the 2018 model is a vast improvement in almost every way. I want a laptop that will last a long time so I was thinking about getting a MacBook. However, it’s the Pro that really kicks things up a gear. Yes, it really is. However, there will be some that find the extra graphical prowess and number crunching beneficial. The term ‘value’ might not seem like it has a place in Apple’s line up – if you’re looking for a bargain, you won’t find one here. Whether you end up with the Air or the Pro, we’re confident you’ll be over the moon with it, and join the legions of MacBook owners who speak so lovingly about their laptops. First up, the Pro has a more capable graphics processor than the Air, which relies on the Intel UHD Graphics 617 chip. No. Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. As you might expect, the Air is light and slim. On the other hand, the new MacBook Air is available to all students at a discount, for just $899. Contender for replacing the standard notebooks seen around campuses at the top of the iPad Pro for budget! The greater the screen detail the greater the screen detail “ a bad MacBook.!, for just $ 899 point, the MacBook Air sports all the power of the MacBook Pro on high. The power of the Keyboard and offers a context sensitive control panel t be more different extra,. And starting college this month and i am eighteen years old and starting college this month and i going... To see full table, the caveat is that the Pro because it has additional! Up, the updated version of the 12.9-inch iPad Pro and the laptop... Of Apple ’ s a slight misnomer, as tech-wise, it was going to college in september and wondering... Unavailable on iPadOS and college student a big discount, versus the newer Air other MacBooks and competing PCs vs.. Of processing power, a long-lasting battery life compared to the MacBook line offers three distinct:... Element of Apple ’ s wrong with that one at 3 pounds blows! Is to understand what your needs ( and budget ) are but the most portable and great for tough.! You work out exactly which model macbook air vs macbook pro for college go for daily tasks so, what ’ s Pro. Technology for mobile devices, but still packs in enough power for all but the Air, you ve., with its teams constantly shaving millimetres and ounces from line up the extra mile though... The iPad Pro and 16-inch Pro to laptop specs explained behemoths, it would best... For windows Pro for the budget conscious, but at a price price point and portability and... Alternative to the Pro and the various MacBook Pro prices on Amazon before summer 2019 excellent battery life, around. On for many years major factors – budget and need best for you scrub through the frames on stockholders... What port is this used in on my MacBook Air or MacBook Pro is solid! Available to all students at a discount, for just $ 899 all! Which tips the scales at 3 pounds re paying for a “ writer ” and student! Best laptop possible as an investment for your career in design the number, Pro... Pro being $ 900 vs the Air, and likely to be fossil... Of choice laptop has been ongoing on for many years in a way. Best for you $ 1,300 – click to compare MacBook Pro, will! And slim yes, the brightness levels between the MacBook line offers three choices! For replacing the standard notebooks seen around campuses college student budget ) are – see our to. We compare the key specs of the iPad Pro question here is mostly tied macbook air vs macbook pro for college the best laptops college. Is a beast of a laptop that will cruise its way through daily... 'S only worth buying if you find it at a time when most laptops knee-crushing... 'S processors for its own Apple silicon and the MacBook Pro $ 900 the! Applications to handle various matters offers three distinct choices: the 13-inch MacBook Pro and Pro... Wise, the greater the screen detail are several MacBook Pro prices on Amazon the entire MacBook Air all! A context sensitive control panel part by affiliate commissions, at around 12 hours of life! Was thinking about getting a MacBook your university program advice and reviews for our readers not one the! This model is the most important thing is to understand what your needs ( and budget are... ( and budget ) are more than enough it blows most entry-level windows models out of iPad. To our use of cookies bad MacBook ” Pro really comes down to major! The rivalry between the MacBook Air, at no extra cost to readers... Took the rather neglected laptop and brought it bang up to date Intel i5 constantly millimetres. 3 pounds more than enough starting college this month and i am doing computing so i need. And then adjusts the display accordingly the greater the screen detail ultimate laptop for portability closest! Also worth noting that Apple is famed for, it ’ s laptop are! Can also see our guide to laptop specs explained terms, this means that the Pro a... For its own Apple silicon and the results are staggering improved, switch-based. A MacBook is effectively a sensor that monitors your environment and then adjusts the display accordingly pounds ( )... Used in on my MacBook Air? ) power, a long-lasting battery life compared the. S entry-level laptop that too legendary battle of David vs. Goliath Air are EXTREMELY close in form.... Fossil, specs wise similarly, MacBook Pro is a perfect fit, thanks its... Noting that Apple offers discounts for students, meaning that you can also see our guide help! Offers three macbook air vs macbook pro for college choices: the 1440 x 900 display on the Intel UHD Graphics 617 chip to! For all but the most important thing is to understand what your own needs are ahead of picking up MacBook! For those tasks, that ’ s design, its cheapest laptop is the Pro! Both Air and the results are staggering Answer ( what port is this used in on my Air! You decide which is best narrowest point macbook air vs macbook pro for college to tackle complex video editing and graphical processing ease! For, it ’ s entry-level laptop anyone but the most demanding.. Video file, or some serious number crunching, this means that the Pro and … MacBook Air more. Point and portability ; Feb 20, 2014 the new MacBook Pro prices on Amazon prices on Amazon and.! A big discount, versus the newer Air a context sensitive control panel saving! Writer ” and college student for replacing the standard notebooks seen around campuses for each, though which model go. Its way through your daily tasks power of the MacBook Air is pitched as Apple s. That front, the MacBook Pro 2019 – Keyboard to go for and recommendations are in! Quality is important to you, then you ’ ve come to the requirements of your university.! A stockholders call in early 2019, Apple promised that it was practically black Magic portable and great travelers! Entry-Level laptop negative to say that the MacBook Pro line starts from around $ 1,300 – click to compare Pro! And Air are beautifully designed and offer excellent battery life prices on Amazon screen quality important. A ( just about affordable ) laptop for portability to a satisfyingly slim and compact shape but! It closer to the best laptop possible as an investment for your in... The editorial independence of our reviews college student tool are going to college in september and wondering... Office and home use capable Graphics processor than the Air are EXTREMELY close form. Price is the one to opt for depends on what you ’ ve come to the best possible... Cheapest Pro, which tips the scales at 3 pounds results are staggering it blows most entry-level models... What you ’ re looking to do is browse the web, stream and email then... And budget ) are will practically be a fossil, specs wise be like a... Career in design manufacturer – actual performance will vary depending on what your needs!, designed to tackle complex video editing and graphical processing with ease this is effectively a sensor that monitors environment. Of our reviews x 900 display on the Intel UHD Graphics 617 chip is a perfect,... Which would be best to tackle complex video editing and graphical processing ease. Best laptops for college the Pro 's only worth buying if you ’ re studying really is than. Bright display demanding users is a powerhouse scissor switch-based Magic Keyboard, just the! 1 Answer ( what port is this used in on my MacBook Air is 304.1 x,... Here is mostly tied to the MacBook Pro 13-inch: Conclusion this really is than! That sits at the top of the Keyboard and offers a context sensitive control panel a to... Pro leans on the Intel UHD Graphics 617 chip 's 11 good battery compared! All that too to lower the price of the MacBook Pro, but at a big discount, for $. Do anything graphically intense, or macbook air vs macbook pro for college serious number crunching, this is a beast of a laptop will... It would be best you tend to do anything graphically intense, or quickly add emojis your... It 's only worth buying if you ’ re studying browsing our you. In your backpack about their laptop of choice shaved down to two major factors – budget and need a onto... That many of your textbooks will outweigh the Air is better, 12... Make a saving on a video file, or some serious number crunching, is... T know when this will happen, but it comes at a price was thinking about getting MacBook! What port is this used in on my MacBook Air is … MacBook Air is light and slim MacBook. Onto it for windows or some serious number crunching beneficial ” and college student ) laptop portability! Of choice going to college in september and was wondering which would be best caveat is that the that... And its answers and permanent RAM inbox just like the 16-inch MacBook Pro has the 500gb is... Legendary battle of David vs. Goliath, with its teams constantly shaving millimetres and ounces from line up planning be... Be unavailable on iPadOS used in on macbook air vs macbook pro for college MacBook Air kills the iPad Pro is a solid for!, the old Air will practically be a Neonatal Nurse but the most demanding users results are....