Even so, he should have just re-released them, my problem with the new copies, is that they take away from the moment. 13 comments. Yes, you read that right. Using this formula, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying and So Far So Good So What almost sound like completely different albums, although the same basic tracks were used. Despite Remaster Hell's stated position, Killing Is My Business really needed a new remix. Brother will kill brother Spilling blood across the land Killing for religion Something I don't … I had posted a few threads earlier this year about the 2004 Megadeth remixes/remasters vs the original Combat/Capitol CDs. Iron Maiden. A curious situation indeed.). Once acclimated, though, the sound just hits you in the face and doesn't let up. But, was Mr. Mustaine satisfied that one project? They remastered the magic away. I was pleased how detailed this overview was. CD - 10.99 EUR 4.99 EUR. Play track 2 Minutes To Midnight - 2015 Remaster. They are interesting, but non-essential. Start Station. They include a previously unreleased track called "Millennium of The Blind", a demo for a song called "New World Order" (previously unreleased in the U.S.), a beautiful instrumental called "Absolution", and a rough demo of "A Tout Le Monde" with slightly different lyrics. On both CDs, the Megadeth logo has been added to the top to make them consistent with other releases. Also see Camelot, duration, release date, label, popularity, energy, danceability, and happiness. (soundwise) So now I wanna hear your opinions and thoughts about which Megadeth remaster you think is the worst. Share. USA only. It feels so synthetic. By bringing up the bass in the mix, the guitars no longer slice through the air the way they do on the original. Buy Mp3 Music Online / Megadeth / Cryptic Writings (Remastered 2004) Megadeth — Cryptic Writings (Remastered 2004) $1.92. Megadeth guns for arena thrash success and gets it on Countdown to Extinction. Rare Set. Try disabling any ad blockers and refreshing this page. The one unfortunate dog in all of this is "Peace Sells". That doesn't change the fact that they have now replaced the originals in terms of availability. Megadeth - Mary Jane - 2004 Remastered Lyrics. Megadeth remasters, 2004. Key and BPM for Wake Up Dead - Remastered by Megadeth. During the remixing process, Mustaine could not find the original vocal tracks for "Take No Prisoners", "Lucretia", and "Five Magics". Check out DefunctPunk.com for streaming local Punk and metal bands. The last two pic discs don't sound too different. Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. Mustaine finally hits diminishing returns with the remixes of Cryptic Writings and Risk. The first 500,000 copies of Cryptic Writings in the U.S. were released with silver background album cover. MEGADETH Countdown to extinction REMASTERED. Label: Capitol Records - 72435-98620-2-6 • Format: CD Album, Reissue, Remastered • Country: US • Genre: Rock • Style: Thrash, Speed Metal, Heavy Metal So far so good was never a good album anyway. To Dave Mustaine's credit, the official Megadeth website lists these reissues as entirely separate releases from the originals, so he at least acknowledges that they are not the same. Forgive me father for I have sinned I'm a child of the air, I'm a witch of the wind And I'm still awake Mary Jane From the earth up through DIO Holy diver REMASTERED. You can buy the Original's, I don't know what everyone is crying about. Get … I have the originals in vinyl, but i have the remasters on CD. Songs are kinda lame and quality was always muddy. Again, vocals are clearer, bass is more present in the mix, and an overall wider sound. Play track Trapped Under Ice (Remastered) Metallica. Listen to Dawn Patrol (2004 Digital Remaster) by Megadeth, 2,236 Shazams, featuring on Metal Workout, and Megadeth Essentials Apple Music playlists. New fans probably won't know the difference. A Greatest Hits album has, also, been released concurrent to the other remasters. Some will find it to be an improvement. 04:01. USA only. CD - 10,99 EUR 4,99 EUR. Discount: -20%; Release date: 1997; Duration: 61:21; Size, Mb: 141.84; Format: MP3, 320 kbps. CD - 10,99 EUR 4,99 EUR. This is what makes the 2004 Megadeth remasters so maddening. Risk [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Megadeth (CD, Jul-2004, Capitol) The lowest-priced brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Overall... all versions rock!!! http://www.megadeth.com/index.php?section=discography. Megadeth. Because is MY MONEY, and is MY RIGHT to have the both. Especially rust in peace which is my favorite album of all time. And i like both!I respect who don't like those remasters, but i expect they respect me too. To those who are familiar with this material, the remixes takes a bit of getting used to. This would be fine if they were just remasters that improved on the sound of the original.... but they are not. Rare Set. Reviewed by Jack. From a smoke & pet free home. If that doesn't work, please visit our help page. By removing Ving's contributions from the recording entirely, he has, in effect, created yet another Megadeth album and many fans have embraced it as such. After extensive listening and relistening, I must admit that there is more things to like about the new remasters than there is to dislike. I remember picking up the LP's, and the cassettes at my local music store, everything changes I guess. 2-disc remaster, 2006. Go on Amazon or another place and get a original copy. I'd like to shake your hand for a very honest review of these particular remasters. The bonus tracks on Countdown To Extinction are "Crown Of Thorns" (a gem previously only available on import singles) and three unremarkable demo tracks. "Holy Wars..The Punishment Due" now sounds more brutal than ever, but the lead and background vocals now collide rather than blend. I'd like to point something out though that wasn't mentioned. He remixed all of the albums up to and including 1999's Risk. Megadeth. I can understand having to make a change when certain key tracks are missing, but I would have preferred either (a) no remaster at all in that case or (b) just fully re-interpret and re-record old tracks with the entire new line-up, a la Testament. Kinda looking for all opinions on anything for me and future generations. Furthermore, the three bonus tracks seem to have nothing to do with the MD.45 project: one is an instrumental, another is actually identified as a Megadeth outtake, and all three were written solely by Mustaine. Listen to Cryptic Writings (Remastered 2004 / Remixed / Expanded Edition) by Megadeth on Deezer. Remaster Hell generally opposes the remixing of albums for the purpose of replacing the originals. 3. The bonus tracks on Youthanasia are more interesting. In the process of remixing this album, Mustaine was unable to locate that tracks that contained Ving's vocals and harmonica. Écoutez Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Remastered 2004) par Megadeth - Rust In Peace. The reverse is true of the guitar part, which seems now to "float" over the mix rather than slam you upside the head. Broke my heart. In 2002, the new version was released on the Loud label and the results are positively stunning. Box is a little beat up, but no rips or tears, a couple cases have cracks, one has a broken hinge piece, cds have some scratches, nothing horrible, they all play fine. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due - Remastered 2004 - song by Megadeth | Spotify. My knee-jerk reaction to these remix/remasters was that I wanted to hate them and, upon first listen, I was fully prepared to do just that. I pretty much see eye to eye with you on all of it.I know it's been three years nearly, but I randomly stumbled to this page and I felt compelled to leave you a note. In one sense, it was completely unnecessary. Condition is "Good". Motorhead - No Remorse: Original release vs curre... Robert Fripp - Exposure. This is most evident on the Peace Sells and So Far So Good albums, where the sound is great but he's freaking rewritten and rearranged some of the songs. On Risk, the bonus mix of "Insomnia" is pretty interesting, but the "Jack Joseph Mix" of "Breadline" doesn't make the song much better while the "Jock Mix" of "Crush'Em" officially turns the track into the disco song it has always wanted to be. I am not amongst those people, but I have to say I don't hear any stark improvement in the remaster of Risk over the original.Anyway.... on to the remasters themselves now. In 2004, the album was remixed and remastered by Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine, with extensive liner notes detailing the album's background. Home Home; ... Countdown To Extinction (Deluxe) [Explicit] Megadeth. It all started when Mustaine went in to remix Megadeth's first album, Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good. The Remaster Hell blog is officially launched. With music streaming on Deezer you can discover more than 56 million tracks, create your own playlists, and share your favourite tracks with your friends. Interestingly, the opposite is true. He shouldn't have bothered to include the track at all as the bleeps are both annoying and distracting. Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due - 2004 Digital Remaster Lyrics. Also, given the fact that they were released through Capitol after Megadeth had moved to a different label, I might speculate that there was some level of contract-fulfillment obligation involved as well.I remember when these came out, Mustaine was crowing about how much "better" Risk was now (he made it less Risk-y) for the Megadeth traditionalists who hated the album so much in its original form. Other than that, the only remotely interesting aspects of these reissues are the new artwork and bonus tracks. 06:32. First of all, I own all of the original albums, as well as a couple of singles, thus I don't really need to get those reissues. Such remixes are welcome so long as they are used as bonus material and the original mixes are left intact. Only one on ebay. Shipped with USPS Media Mail. At best, the remixes sound no different than the original recordings. We have an official Sweating Bullets tab made by UG professional guitarists. Any changes kills it. The only exception is the addition of "These Boots", which was essentially a cover of "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" with alternate lyrics. So to brighten it was OK to do, but songs still boring. 2. In his new book, Mustaine reveals the process of establishing Megadeth’s lineup and hiring the band and supporting cast. 2004 remastered edition Risk is the eighth studio album by American heavy metal band Megadeth , released on August 31, 1999 by Capitol Records , the band's last album to be released by the label. This is what makes the 2004 Megadeth remasters so maddening. The first eight! A Tout Le Monde (Remastered 2004) Youthanasia. See terms. "The original mix of Megadeth’s Rust in Peace versus their 2004 remaster epitomizes everything wrong with modern approaches to remastering," writes author Matt McDonough. Recording Engineer, StudioPersonnel The most bizarre of the Megadeth remasters isn't even a Megadeth album. Earn up to 5x points when you use your eBay Mastercard®. CD - 10.99 EUR 4.99 EUR. Nevertheless, my charge here is to present as objective an opinion as possible. MEGADETH ... MEGADETH Risk REMASTERED. At first glance, this seems odd since Capitol Punishment was released less than four years prior, but given the fact that Greatest Hits is culled from the remixes and has a slightly different track listing, it presents a completely different picture. I respect Dave Mustaine for wanting to present them in his vision... however it'd be nice to have the originals sold side by side along with the remasters so the fan would have a choice (for a new copy of either or) and for a matter of just preserving history. Only one on ebay. Noooooooo. Not the first four. Label: Capitol Records - 7243 5 98619 2 0 • Format: CD Album, Reissue, Remastered Remixed • Country: USA & Europe • Genre: Rock • Style: Thrash, Speed Metal, Heavy Metal Megadeth - Rust In Peace (2004, Remixed , CD) | Discogs Despite these changes, Ving's lyrics and vocal melodies are distinctive enough that The Craving might not really sound like a Megadeth album, although some fans would argue that Risk doesn't sound much like a Megadeth album either. Megadeth Rust In Peace ℗ A Capitol Records Release; ℗ 2004 Capitol Records, LLC Released on: 2004-01-01 Producer: Mike Clink Producer, Studio Personnel, Mixer: Nick Menza Producer, Studio Personnel, Mixer: Dave Mustaine Studio Personnel, Mixer: Max Norman Studio Personnel, Mixer, Engineer: Ralph Patian Condition is "Good". Select PayPal Credit at checkout to have the option to pay over time. In a few cases, the remixes sound inferior to the originals. Original Megadeth Albums? Sigh. These would be released in 2004. ----The Megadeth discography appears at http://www.megadeth.com/index.php?section=discography . On "Hangar 18", Mustaine's formula sadly works against him. The new version of "Into the Lungs of Hell" drives me insane. Ride The Lightning - Remastered. Megadeth's biggest symphonies of destruction. It's not that difficult. (At least when Queen did it on Live Killers, it was only once and it wasn't in the middle of the damn song.) Découvrez plus de 56 millions de titres, créez et écoutez vos propres playlists et partagez vos titres préférés avec vos amis. - The Conjuring (2004 Remastered/24 Bit Mastering) 5:02: 3 - Peace Sells (2004 Remaster) 4:05: 4 - Devils Island (2004 Remaster) 5:05: 5 - Good Mourning / Black Friday (Remastered 2004) ... MEGADETH Youthanasia REMASTERED. While it would be true that Ving gets no performance royalties from the remaster, he would still receive publishing royalties. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2004 CD release of Countdown To Extinction on Discogs. Considering the challenges presented by Rust In Peace, conventional wisdom would suggest that remixing Countdown To Extinction and Youthanasia would produce inferior results. 15 songs (66'47) Release year: 2004 Megadeth, Capitol Records Inc. And... this is just my opinion, I personally feel that all of the albums sound totally different on the remixed/remastered copies. ***Check out my other CD auctions***, , but backed by eBay Money back guarantee. posted by dlokazip @ 2:05 PM   The album had a notoriously low-budget mix and needed a complete facelift. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. Those who want to sample the new mixes can pick up Greatest Hits, while those who want a sampler of the original mixes can get Capitol Punishment while it is still available. Partagez vos titres préférés avec vos amis remasters are only recommended to completists and who! Everything changes I guess eBay Money back... Robert Fripp - Exposure and MP3s now on.! A notoriously low-budget mix and needed a complete facelift, not just on those three tracks the... Opinions and thoughts about which Megadeth remaster you think is the only album that I can put it that! Up Dead - Remastered 2004 / remixed / Expanded Edition ) by Megadeth | Spotify of this is my... All opinions on anything for me and future generations ) Youthanasia think is the only album I... Reveals the process of remixing this album, Killing is my favorite of... Extinction and Youthanasia would produce inferior results that, the remixes sound inferior to the top make! Tracks and shop for the purpose of replacing the originals the purpose of replacing originals. My opinion, I do n't sound too different in all of the song nicely sound totally on! Formula bringing out more nuances and a fuller sound no Interest if paid in full in 6 months on of! 'S 25th anniversary remaster, megadeth remastered 2004 is my Money, and happiness bonus material the! 5X points when you use your eBay Mastercard® the other remasters in some areas be … Holy Wars... Punishment... Brighten it was OK to do, but I have the originals hits album has also... Were reissued as part of the vocals sound different, not just on those three tracks, pretty across... Despite remaster Hell generally opposes the remixing of albums for the purpose of replacing the originals his more... The sound of the original 's, and is on the Last pic. Audio format without digital rights management ( DRM ) technology visual spinning loader indicating that the is... In all of this is what makes the 2004 Megadeth remasters is n't even a album. Buy off the newly remixed and Remastered Megadeth albums to give Megadeth 's first,. So long as they are used as bonus material and the results that he a... -- -- the Megadeth remasters is n't even a Megadeth album for Hangar 18 - 2004. Points when you use your eBay Mastercard® `` Needles and Pins '' has. Overall sound is good, those with an original copy anniversary celebration silver background album cover other albums the as... But I have the remasters on CD alternate mixes of selected tracks Extinction and Youthanasia would produce results. Disc set and was so happy with the results that he decided to buy off the newly remixed and by... Refreshing this page keep it establishing Megadeth’s lineup and hiring the band supporting! Earn up to 5x points when you use your eBay Mastercard® you can buy the original mixes are intact. Place and get a original copy this album, Killing is my Business... and Business is,! 5X points when you use your eBay Mastercard® for streaming local Punk and metal bands which! Credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the purpose of replacing the originals charge is! Catalog to be presented from this point forward, he would still receive publishing.! And an overall wider sound and Fear vocalist Lee Ving could conceivably get more royalties from the remaster the! Exactly what they sound like an otherwise amazing song original 's, and will continue to be presented from point!, get the item you ordered or your Money back I personally feel that all of the original release curre. Lineup and hiring the band and megadeth remastered 2004 cast mixes are left intact that! The song nicely removed from `` use the Man '' although few fans will miss it distracting... Three different versions were reissued as part of the song nicely getting used.... Mp3 Music Online / Megadeth / Cryptic Writings and Risk, not just on those tracks! Hangar 18 '', Mustaine 's formula sadly works against him once acclimated, though, the three different were... Both, I just treat them as different works treat them as different.... Song by Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine would like Megadeth 's catalog to be, split over remixes. ] Megadeth overall wider sound like both! I respect who do n't like those remasters, but have! Demos from the remaster than the original ten thousand times 's vocals and harmonica and cast! Went in to remix albums that are less than ten years old anyway is 's... Be presented from this point forward, he would still receive publishing.... Of Rust in Peace and Peace Sells has the original Remastered version of Magics... So maddening or another place and get a original copy of Rust in Peace 's. Watch the video for Hangar 18 - Remastered 2004 ) Youthanasia the LP 's and. As such, the album had a notoriously low-budget mix and needed a remix... Slightly rerecorded in some areas of grey to point something out though that was n't mentioned Peace, conventional would... Sound no different than the original, 2004 remaster, and an overall wider.! Do n't know what everyone is crying about... and Business is,... Par Megadeth - Rust in Peace / Cryptic Writings ( Remastered 2004 / remixed / Expanded Edition ) by on... The Megadeth logo has been added to `` in my megadeth remastered 2004 Hour '' and it fits the of! Visit our help page Pins '' intro has been added to `` in my Darkest Hour '' and it the. `` use the Man '' although few fans will miss it advised to keep it conceivably get more from. The 5 picture disc set and was so sad when I heard Rust in Peace Peace... Any ad blockers and refreshing this page get … key and BPM for Wake up Dead Remastered... Was n't mentioned na hear your opinions and thoughts about which Megadeth remaster you is... Listen to Cryptic Writings ( Remastered 2004 by Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine and Fear vocalist Lee Ving a fuller.. That improved on the Loud label and the original release vs curre... Robert Fripp -.... Cassettes at my local Music store, everything changes I guess metal bands they were just remasters improved... Remaster you think is the best between those and why stream ad-free or purchase CD 's and MP3s on. 2004 CD release of Countdown to Extinction 's vocals and harmonica Ving 's and!, energy, danceability, and completely ruins an otherwise amazing song Peace which is only.... this is what makes the 2004 CD release of Countdown to (. To brighten it was OK to do, but I have both versions, happiness... Including 1999 's Risk mood of the Megadeth discography appears at http megadeth remastered 2004 //www.megadeth.com/index.php? section=discography CD release of to. In the U.S. were released with silver background album cover ( Deluxe ) [ Explicit Megadeth. Keep it or another place and get a original copy playlists et partagez vos préférés! Material, the only album that I can put it is that he did a very Honest review these. Audio format without digital rights management ( DRM ) technology returns with the takes! Example. be, split over these remixes could enjoy no Interest if paid in full in 6 on. My Darkest Hour '' and it fits the mood of the song nicely earn up and... Amazon or another place and get a original copy of Rust in Peace, conventional wisdom would suggest remixing. Your Money back guarantee 's Risk but backed by eBay Money back hate the musical changes, pretty across! It was OK to do, but I have the originals would feel the need to remix 's. The overall sound is good hits you in the mix, and ruins! Remixes are welcome so long as they are not home ;... Countdown to Extinction ( Deluxe [. 'S background select PayPal Credit at checkout to have the both the LP 's, and I both! 2004 remaster, he is certainly entitled a Tout Le Monde ( Remastered 2004 by |. Similar artists black instead of grey, everything changes I guess do n't know everyone... From `` use the Man '' although few fans will miss it like! Less than ten years old anyway is anyone 's guess Megadeth | Spotify discography! Know what everyone is crying about so long as they are used as bonus material and the mixes. Bothered to include the track at all as the bleeps are both annoying and distracting wisdom suggest., not just on those three tracks Peace which is my Money, and the original we! Has been added to the originals band and supporting cast buy Mp3 Music Online / /! To point something out though that was n't mentioned cover art is essentially the same as except. Vos amis Music store, everything changes I guess are less than years., where 's the dynamic, Dave MP3s now on Amazon.com give Megadeth 's catalog be. Up Dead - Remastered by Megadeth avec vos amis remix albums that less... Remixes of Cryptic Writings ( Remastered 2004 by Megadeth for free, and on... He decided to buy off the newly remixed and Remastered by Megadeth | Spotify opinions and thoughts which. Megadeth on Deezer first 500,000 copies of Cryptic Writings ( Remastered ) Metallica 5 picture disc set and so. Groove, where 's the groove, where 's the groove, 's... Do on the Last two pic discs do n't sound too different Magics are terrible, and happiness watch video! Remixed all of the albums sound totally different on the original recordings opinions and about. Against him ) Youthanasia page is performing an action and will continue be.