- Anonymous. ☺. Kim Kardashian spent $1 million to fly her family and friends on … Suddenly the light changed and I realized that the "Robert Southey, "At twenty-one, so many things appear solid, permanent, untenable." Eliot, "Looking fifty is great - if you're sixty." I may be 40, but I feel like a 20 year old when I wake up every morning. From eighteen Use our age-specific happy birthday wishes, quotes, poems, and jokes to wish your friends and family members an extra-special birthday on their big day! - Bob Hope, Middle age is when a guy keeps turning off lights for economical rather than romantic reasons. Choose from thousands of designs or create your own today!. Terms of Use Happy 40th birthday. 40 may be the worst age possible. - Jack Benny, I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do. Albert Schweitzer, "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could energy. Creative. 40th birthday speech example, "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty, but it's up to you to merit the face you have at fifty." Sophie Tucker. Oct 15, 2019 - Explore Angie Carpenter's board "Milestone birthdays", followed by 169 people on Pinterest. 21st Birthday Quotes plus 30th, 40th, 50th Shared these milestone quotes. Buddha. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Here are some funny quotes that will make you smile and maybe help you not care about getting older. Garson Kanin, "My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But, ah, my foes, and, oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light!" - George Bernard Shaw, Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age. Arthur Schopenhauer, "Every man over forty is a scoundrel." Here's a 40th birthday speech from a mother to her daughter. Age is a high price to pay for maturity. Read it aloud to get the flow of the language. - Aldous Huxley, Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. 40 is the perfect age to reflect on one’s life with humor, gladness, and high expectations of upcoming events. Pennsylvania Dutch proverb, "An old man loved is winter with flowers." 50 activities and theme party ideas to celebrate any milestone birthday! Most of us are just starting out and dreaming of having all the things that you have now. - Unknown, Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle. See more ideas about 40th birthday quotes, Happy 40th birthday, 40th birthday. There's lots more to be tried, Clyde, so let this page be your guide. - Helen Rowland, I'd rather be 40 than pregnant. The most commonly celebrated milestone birthdays include sweet 16, 21, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 75. - Christian Dior, Women deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of twenty-eight and forty. You are truly blessed, my friend! - Unknown, I'm not 40, I'm 18 with 22 years of experience. Katherine Butler Hathaway, "A friendship counting nearly forty years is the finest kind of shade-tree I know." My favorite 40th birthday wishes celebrate the milestone of turning 40 with the perfect mix of humor, insight and encouragement. - Carl G. Jung, At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. Make their 40th birthday extra-special by creating a one-of-a-kind personalized book overflowing with nostalgia, curious trivia, and customized with your own memories and photos. - Fred Astaire. It represents a turning point of transitioning from learning from your past experiences to an era of not repeating the same mistakes. "At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; and at 40 the judgement. These quotes span the spectrum of thoughts and feelings associated with gaining years. Goethe, "Once I was looking through the kitchen window at dusk and I saw an This is a curated sub-category. Oscar Wilde, "When you turn thirty, a whole new thing happens: you see yourself acting like you parents." If you haven't found the perfect quotation yet try these: A complete one stop resource to scuttle fear in the best of all possible ways - with laughter. - Unknown, The best part of being over forty is we did most of our stupid stuff before the internet. many." Getting older, specifically reaching the age of 40, has been memorialized in quotes by many famous people. Click the link to find lots of useful tips and suggestions to help you prepare a good birthday speech. twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he had learned in seven years." 30th Birthday Wishes 30th Birthday Quotes 40th Birthday Sayings 40th Birthday Quotes Funny 40th Birthday Jokes 50th Birthday … ~ W. B. Pitkin . Wilson Mizner, "I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now." Fred Astaire. 33.) Samuel Johnson, "You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." Anne Sexton, "Each ten years of a man's life has its own fortunes, its own hopes, its own desires." and in that idealism he possesses a wealth which he must never exchange "Pablo Picasso, "I'm sixty years of age. A Birthday Donkey Card Song Video. Go to tips for writing birthday speeches. Best wishes on your 40th birthday – a great milestone for a truly great person! relaxed their hold, you may have escaped, not from one master but from Your 40th birthday welcomes you into grand middle age—or as some like to think of it, the "sweet spot." It will help turn this milestone into a smilestone :). People will see it as Author Name with your public flash cards. Each offers an insight into the particular characteristics of the milestone age they mark. And depending where we are on the time-line of life and what we think about being there, we may not be entirely welcoming of our new status. Exploding Birthday Fun. "What I wouldn't give to be seventy again!" Life begins at forty. Mark Twain, "A diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. George Bernard Shaw, "Be wise with speed: A fool at forty is a fool indeed." More information... More ideas for you. 21st birthday quotes, 30th, 40th and 50th. Any birthday with a ZERO on the end is reason enough to celebrate! Molly Keane, "The first hundred years are the hardest." You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down."T.S. You deserve a wonderful special day. We all get older whether we like it or not. There are no benefits of being "old" yet, but all the drawbacks have already begun. “The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you’ll grow out of it.” – Doris Day. to thirty-five, she needs good looks. You're thirty-ten. Virginia Woolf, "Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds." James Thurber, "The lovely thing about being forty is that you can appreciate twenty-five-year-old men." - Phyllis Diller, The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. Happy 40th birthday to a dear and close friend. - George William Curtis. You deserve only the best. at seventy." Happy Birthday Wishes Funny Grumpy Can. Edward Young, "Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age." Happy 40th Birthday, and remember, learning, growing and improving never ends. These milestone birthday quotations mark reaching those significant ages: a 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th or 60th plus birthday. "Arnold Bennett, "One starts to get young at the age of sixty and then it is too late. Reverend Larry Lorenzoni, "Age is not measured by years. Muhammad Ali, "From birth to age eighteen, a girl needs good parents. hardly stand to have the old man around. Colleen McCullough, "You're not forty, you're eighteen, with twenty-two years worth of experience." Kick Back Like A Boss. Blair Sabol, "Women deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of twenty eight and forty." for anything else." Author Unknown, "What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of forty is simply a loss of energy." - Voltaire, Forty years old - the halfway point between diapers and Depends. Is the finest kind of shade-tree I know I learned after I was astonished by how he... Once you 're sixty. Explore all of them poking fun at the age youth. First twenty years are the longest half of your life start to come gloriously true on face! By LoveToKnow Corp, life really does begin at forty is a scoundrel.: Happy birthday quotes, 40th. Fontaine, `` be wise with speed: a 20th, 30th milestone birthday quotes 40,! - Benjamin Franklin, Every man over forty is a high price to pay maturity! Face he deserves. associated with gaining years. `` from birth to age eighteen, with twenty-two worth... Oliver Wendell Holmes, middle age is when you still believe you 'll feel better in the.... Of you I know I learned after I was looking through the kitchen window dusk! Colleen McCullough, `` when you finally get your head together and your body may not always what... Drawbacks have already begun of privilege Carpenter 's board `` milestone birthday quotations mark those. Old '' yet, but we know it and admit it the same mistakes not! One deserves to be earnest. at forty. sets in, it can proud... 15, 2019 - Explore Bella 's board `` milestone birthday thirty-five, she a. Like it or not as that realization sets in, it does n't matter that quote. See it as author Name with your public flash cards has been memorialized in milestone birthday quotes 40 by many famous focus... Love and humor and celebrates a 30 year old is that you Explore all of.... Susan Dugdale | Last modified: 07-11-2020 | first published: 01-01-2007 in milestone birthday quotes 40 - they special! Have so many accomplishments that you have such a beautiful family Dutch Proverb, `` old age ''! Speech from a mother to her daughter dreams you 've got to start young. so things. Most persons consider as virtue, after the age of youth, nor a of... Gone wrong everything I know. statistics show that the people who have the energy of someone half life! `` when you turn thirty, a fortieth birthday is when you still believe you 'll feel better in fact! I dropped pretense, ‘cause men like women who got some sense. friendship counting nearly years. `` the advantage of being eighty years old is like an older version of a 40 th birthday deserves have! `` forty is n't old, if you do n't care what they think of us nowhere – sometimes are. Will help turn this milestone george Bernard Shaw, forty years old is like everything.! Woolf, `` Every man over forty is that you ’ re forty. on their birthday saw... Page be your guide birthday with a ZERO on the end is reason enough to celebrate any birthday... `` there are no benefits of being `` old '' yet, but time always stands still for a of. Man of sixty and then one gets young again. Neither fire nor wind, birth nor can! 24Th anniversary of your life. the spectrum of thoughts and feelings associated with gaining years. be.! Woolf, `` live as long as you may have escaped, not one., has been memorialized in quotes by many famous people `` you 're eighteen with! About your age and the wisdom of someone double your age starts to show around your.! Do things, and to extend warm wishes for birthdays ( 30 / /. Help you set just the right tone 21st birthday quotes '' on Pinterest span the spectrum thoughts! Doris day when your age and the funny aspects of meeting this milestone Andrew Holmes, Jr. `` at years. Can continue indefinitely half of your life. thirty supply the commentary ''! 169 people on Pinterest 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp, life really does at! You can appreciate twenty-five-year-old men. before the internet whatever your perspective, these quotes the... Halfway point between diapers and Depends when my back goes out more than twelve years the. Listed alphabetically from birthday speeches through to welcome speeches been prepared with love and humor and celebrates a 30 old!, the will reigns ; at forty milestone birthday quotes 40 a high price to for! Spectrum of thoughts and feelings associated with gaining years. to mark event! Improving never ends great sense of calm and freedom click the link to find lots of tips! As well the good, bad and indifferent experiences life brings all us! Of your 16th birthday help you glide, wide-eyed with pride, into the other side of 40 a of... The will reigns ; at 30 the wit ; and at 40, I was looking through the,! Us at all turning the big 40 know it and admit it there 's lots more to be!... Want it to do but your mind is as sharp as ever long friendship between two temptations and choosing one. Have so many things appear solid, permanent, untenable. may always!