The Sunshine Coast Trail is a colossal, local, grass-roots achievement that took decades to grow from dream to reality. Shows the distance from Sunshine-coast to the North Pole, Equator, South Pole and any place in the world. Hopefully all your questions get answered and if not please leave a comment and I’ll try to help. But be warned. Fresh deli sandwiches and basic groceries there make a good resupply if needed for the remaining 45 kms. Sunshine Coast Council COVID-19: Do your part to stop the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Powell River is the only major town you’ll visit on the Sunshine Coast Trail. Sarah Point is the official start of the Sunshine Coast Trail but that doesn’t mean you have to start here. The Powell River Parks and Wilderness Society (PRPAWS) is to be commended for its exceptional job. Contact Jesse Newman as he may be able to help. The Sunshine Coast Trail is a colossal, local, grass-roots achievement that took decades to grow from dream to reality. Distances between places on the Sunshine Coast. Distances from Brisbane to the most popular Sunshine Coast holiday locations are listed below. Home » Tourist Information » Getting Around The Sunshine Coast » Travel Distances. Visit BC Ferries to see the schedules and make reservations. His prices are reasonable and he can take up to six of you in his four wheel drive sedan just about anywhere. Sleeping is upstairs on a wooden floor – dorm style with most huts able to accommodate 10-12 people though the fewer people the better. When you exit the trail just outside of Powell River you’ll end up right outside the Shinglemill Pub and Bistro. Always keep your bear spray handy – and make sure it’s less than two years old or the propellant might not work. @Emm If it hasn’t been a snowy winter it should be alright but you may want to check in with the Sunshine Coast website and see of you can get real time on-the-ground information. © 2019 Hike Bike Travel | All Rights Reserved. @Rick That’s really great information. 16175 SR 54 Odessa, FL 33556. It is bound by Howe Sound to the southeast, Desolation Sound to the northwest, the Pacific Ranges to the northeast, and the Strait of Georgia to the southwest. Use the table below to get an idea of scale. The Suncoast Trail is a 42-mile paved trail that stretches from Hillsborough County through Pasco and ending in Hernando County. I have heard them howling in the wild but who knows which one of us is right at this point. Hiring a car is a great way to get to your accommodation on the Sunshine Coast and also means you're free to explore the area at your own pace, otherwise an airport transfer is the way to go. With 3 friends, I have attempted to run the trail twice (2003, 2004). @Brenda A lot of people take a boat ride to Fiddlehead Landing and go in from there. As the brainchild of Eagle Walz, the Sunshine Coast Trail was built, starting in 1992, to link sections of old growth forest before they disappeared. Sunshine Coast Australia is Copyright © 2020 e-CBD and Intaanetto.com Social Media. From Comox on Vancouver Island you can also take a ferry to Powell River. Hut to Hut camping. Your email address will not be published. This map, created in 2012, accurately depicts the Sunshine Coast Trail, and the placement of the huts/camping spots along the trail. What do you get in a hut on the Sunshine Coast Trail? Highlighting expansive coastal and mountain vistas, meandering through old-growth rainforest and dotted with trailside huts, the 180-km Sunshine Coast Trail is a world-class hiking route just a half-day trip from downtown Vancouver. ), If you’re planning to do the whole trail you may need to arrange food drops. Excellent post! Read: The COVID-19 update about the Sunshine Coast Trail. Required fields are marked *. Learn how your comment data is processed. Look into a boat shuttle. I have just spent a week backpacking two of the prettiest sections of the trail as recommended by Eagle. Lund is your other choice though it only has a small grocery store and the bakery. This excerpt is from the visitor logbook at one of the cabins. Is there cell service along the Sunshine Coast Trail? @Mandy Definitely one that should be added though by no means do you have to do the whole thing to enjoy it. His link is in the post. On the Sunshine Coast Trail I would suggest you include the following. This post includes some affiliate links. Click here for a … There are 12 huts along the trail (and at least one emergency shelter) spaced approximately a day’s walk apart. Dakota Ridge Map; Tetrahedron Provincial Park Map To clarify, when the author of this article claims to have wifi they really mean cell service. “The Sunshine Coast Trail is Canada’s longest hut-to-hut hiking trail—and the only free one. Hi Leigh, May I ask permission to use some of the photos from your website on my (commercial) site? Your email address will not be published. View route links take you to Google maps and opens in a new window. Hiking and biking routes on the lower Sunshine Coast are many and varied. My hat goes off to Eagle and all the volunteers that have made the Sunshine Coast Trail such a success. We’ve lived on the Sunshine Coast for … Getting to the Sunshine Coast (Powell River or Saltery Bay) Getting to the start of the Sunshine Coast Trail BC. You can make a reservation ($18.50) to get to Langdale but its first come first served to get to Saltery Bay. The Sunshine Coast stretches over 80 miles and is split by a large fjord into a northern and southern section. Home > Trails. Hi Steve, You can use them if you credit HikeBikeTravel.com. We did two sections of the trail and got onto the trail via a water taxi to Sarah Point and a shuttle up the Branch 41 Road to access the trail to Mt Troubridge Hut. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Light fast drying mesh hiking shoes is the way to go. Thank you for your support. Another option is to grab a bus called the Sunshine Coast Connector. https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/7032493/sunshine-coast-trail Once in the Sunshine Coast region, distances by land are quite manageable, the main locations often only a short drive from each other. Don’t let its proximity to the big city dissuade you; this trail is on a remote section of coastline that requires two ferries to reach. The trail is well built with moderate sections a nd difficult terrain. I wasn’t sure how much cell service I’d find along the trail and before I left I received conflicting reports. You can fly into the city directly from Vancouver’s South Terminal on Pacific Coastal Airlines. Is this correct? Sarah Point to Manzanita Hut. @Crystal Bring battery packs- no outlets. To get to Sarah Point we took the water taxi operated by TerraCentric Adventures in Lund. Click here for a full hiking guide! for Manzanita Hut you must fill up 4 kilometres before you get to the hut if coming from Sarah Point. Email Jesse Newman (info@sunshinecoastshuttle.ca) the congenial owner of Sunshine Coast Shuttles and two-time Grey Cup champion with the BC Lions and Calgary Stampeders. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from May until September. Bushrangers MTB Club Sunshine Coast. Southbound: SOBO hikers start at Sarah Point, 25 miles north of Powell River, British Columbia. Allow 10 – 12 days to backpack the entire trail. Thanks! How well signed is the Sunshine Coast Trail? That’s been corrected. Only a few are fully enclosed. Stay 1.5m apart on trails and if a trail is crowded, use the map function to find another trail nearby. With 3 distance options and offering some of the best single track trails in the Eastern Cape, this trail … That entails two ferries and an hour of driving between ferries on the Sunshine Coast. Sunshine Coast Trail is a 94.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Powell River A, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. Includes air line, route, centre, route planner, flight route and interactive map. This trail is 180 km long, and includes many lakes and mountains, as well as a portion that travels along the coast. A grand vision that reached its culmination with the creation of 14 handcrafted backcountry huts, linking each section together. When you’ve done a number of backpacking trips, you usually have a pretty good idea of what you need to take. Here’s a selection of my favourite short hikes on the Sunshine Coast, taking you from beaches to the rainforest. The map below shows a closer view of the Fairview section of the SCT. You’ll have to make that call. The driest months to hike the trail are May, July, August and September. Her blog: HikeBikeTravel is frequently cited as one of the top travel and outdoor adventure blogs in Canada. If you choose another starting location, chances are you may need a shuttle. When I did the SCT we took the water taxi from Campbell River ( I live in Campbell River) directly to Sarah point, the taxi cost was less than from Lund and no ferry fare. But assuming you’re interested in backpacking a part of the trail you will need to get to one of the trailheads. The walking tracks that are part of Adventure Sunshine Coast offer a variety of experiences from short leisurely strolls suitable for the whole family, to more strenuous medium to longer distance trails. There are even three to five day treks with overnight camps, such as the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk. You can start anywhere there is an access point and there are plenty. These commissions help reduce the ever-increasing costs of keeping this site active. 0. walk 4.8. Fortunately they weren’t steaming. Top Sunshine Coast Hiking Trails: See reviews and photos of hiking trails in Sunshine Coast, Australia on Tripadvisor. We met both a solo female and a solo male on the trail. Her blog: HikeBikeTravel is frequently cited as one of the top travel and outdoor adventure blogs in Canada. A grand vision that reached its culmination with the creation of 14 handcrafted backcountry huts, linking each section together. Once they are wet, they will stay wet. The Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk is identified by four main sections. A couple are even within walking distance! If we saw scat, we started making a lot of noise. I did the entire SCT back in June of this year. (You can also leave a car here for $5/day and then get a shuttle to Lund and a water taxi to Sarah Point. 9.8K likes. Click on the photo to bookmark to your Pinterest boards. Eagle continues to play a major role in expanding and upgrading the trail though countless volunteers are also to be thanked for what we see today. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. There are over two dozen entry points to the trail via highway and logging roads. You’ll almost certainly see and hear frogs. Friendly family vibe. Not all huts have a water source so you must carry all that you need – eg. Sunshine Coast Australia is Copyright © 2020 e-CBD and Intaanetto.com Social Media. Experience 180 kilometers of hiking adventure on the beautiful Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. Some have only a dirt floor and are open to the elements on all sides, while others are partially enclosed. Distance 66 km Ascent 611 m Descent 612 m Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia 1. The huts are basic. By late September you’ll be waking up to 3°C cabins. Open 7 days a week from dawn to dusk. Explore the Sunshine Coast with our interactive maps and downloadable PDF map. Author of Discover Canada: 100 Inspiring Outdoor Adventures Co-author of 125 Nature Hot Spots in Alberta, The Goat Lake hike in Waterton Lakes National Park reopened in the summer 2020. It is a spectacular 180km trail that goes from Sarah Point in the north to Saltery Bay in the south. Sunshine Coast Tourism might also have that info. Dakota Ridge Map; Tetrahedron Provincial Park Map Explore the Sunshine Coast with our interactive maps and downloadable PDF map. I would allow six hours of travel time from Vancouver to Powell River. Text Justin Behan at 1-604-483-6527 to arrange the service. A couple are even within walking distance! Leigh. Great food. The crossing time is 90 minutes and the ferry can be reserved. Personally I hate bear bells – and suggest using your voice instead. But I do know that logging trucks barrel through and it’s not a lot of fun when you’re on high alert. There are huts along the trail, but the largest distance between two huts is ~48 km. Read: The Sunshine Coast Trail: What You Need to Know Before You Go. 5-7 Hinkler Parade, Maroochydore to 193-195 Brisbane Road, Mooloolaba. Ascent 0 m. I had been planning out the 180km trip last summer while in Thailand to do when I got back. Thanks for asking. Thanks to a 2015 mapping project, you will find lots of highway signage to indicate entry points to help you find your way. Web Design + SEO by e-CBD. Hi Leigh! Buy it here, layers of clothing including a set that stays dry for in camp, Recreation Map (provided by the Powell Lake Visitor’s Centre) and a copy of, full rain gear; in summer a poncho might work well, garbage bags so everything in your pack stays dry, sleeping bag (synthetic is best in this part of the world) and a. No offence to your finding, but down bags are plenty effective on this trail. In hindsight taking a bear proof canister for food would have been a good idea – even if just for peace of mind. Within 10 minutes of stepping onto the Sunshine Coast Trail we saw big piles of bear scat. And while it’s often described as British Columbia’s “best-kept secret,” the coast is home to a vibrant community, whose livelihood is … The Goat Lake Hike in Waterton Lakes National Park, Where to Go Snowshoeing in Banff National Park, Tonquin Valley Hiking Guide – What You Need to Know. I’m wondering-did any of the huts have outlets to charge a phone (camera!) I highly recommend it! As of a few years ago there were 12,000 markers and 700 wooden signs. Where do you sleep on the Sunshine Coast Trail? Mountain Bike Trail Maps Sunshine Coast Trail Map Gibsons & Area Cycling Map Powell Forest Canoe Route Sechelt Inlet Marine Park Map; Winter Recreation Maps. It’s worth a stop here for lunch, dinner or just a beer. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. I think that was a bit ambitious as I just wanted to relax when I returned to Canada. Click here for a larger version. There are even three to five day treks with overnight camps, such as the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk. The Sunshine Coast Trail is an incredible 180km hut-to-hut hiking route in south-west British Columbia, Canada. The Sunshine Coast Trail in British Columbia is a 180 kilometre hut to hut hiking and backpacking trail that runs from Sarah Point overlooking Desolation Sound to Saltery Bay where the ferries come in from Earl’s Cove. Thank you. I can’t speak for the rest of the trail but suspect you’ll get a weak signal along high points. Here’s what the hiking looks like on one of the more popular sections of the Sunshine Coast Trail. The Sunshine Coast offers a lot of hiking and walking trails. Spend the night at this gorgeous location, or stop for a break and then continue on the Fairview Bay Trail up to Rainy Day Lake and spend the night at the hut there (another 2-3 hours). In the logbook I read about one fellow who did it in five days but that wouldn’t be a whole lot of fun. The Sunshine Coast Trail Run is a firm favourite on the local trail running calendar: Fresh country air. If you're coming from overseas or from anywhere in Australia other than Melbourne or Sydney (in which case you could fly directly to the Sunshine Coast Airport), chances are you'll be flying into Brisbane Airport. My store contains affiliate links. They formed the Powell River Parks and Wilderness Society (now known as PAWS), a registered non-profit charitable society, to set aside protected areas linked by forested trail corridors. The huts are a relatively new addition to the Sunshine Coast Trail, and they have been garnering a lot of attention — not just because they are gorgeous structures placed in unforgettable locations, but because they make the Sunshine Coast Trail one of the only trails in Canada where it is possible to hike hut-to-hut. *KM Markers: Distances between some kilometre m arkers have been stretched or shortened based on past re-routes due to ongoing forestry activities. Thanks for reading! (And before you head out stock up with bakery items, fresh sandwiches, homemade pizza….at Nancy’s Bakery, located underneath TerraCentric Adventures in Lund.). The Sunshine Coast Region is a local government area located in the Sunshine Coast region of South East Queensland, ... Total Distance 219 miles Total Descent 31,537 ft Total Vertical 1,594 ft Highest Trailhead 1,600 ft Reports 1,578 ... Sunshine Coast Trails Alliance. What should you take with you on the Sunshine Coast Trail? Thank you. The Sunshine Coast Trail stretches from Sarah Point in Desolation Sound, across Powell River, and all the way down to Saltery Bay. Thank you to HelloBC for help in making this trip a reality. The huts are a relatively new addition to the Sunshine Coast Trail, and they have been garnering a lot of attention — not just because they are gorgeous structures placed in unforgettable locations, but because they make the Sunshine Coast Trail one of the only trails in Canada where it is possible to hike hut-to-hut. Highlighting expansive coastal and mountain vistas, meandering through old-growth rainforest and dotted with trailside huts, the 180-km Sunshine Coast Trail is a world-class hiking route just a half-day trip from downtown Vancouver. Find the right bike route for you through Sunshine Coast, where we've got 94 cycle routes to explore. Hours of Operation. Do you think the trail would be alright to do in mid April? You must take the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale (a 40 minute crossing) and then do the 50 minute crossing from Earl’s Cove to Saltery Bay. Most campsites have outhouses; some have picnic tables and a fire ring (good luck getting a fire going with wet wood!!). Hi Great article I will be leading our hiking club there next June for 4 days (day hikes) for different levels, wondering if u could email me, and I could ask you few things, thanks Mary mhof126@gmail.com. Hypothermia becomes a very real issue. It's actually about 100 kilometres between the southernmost and northernmost extremities of the Sunshine Coast region, so travel distances and times will vary depending on where you are staying. Considering the ruggedness of the terrain, I wouldn’t really recommend it – but it’s regularly done. I … The Sunshine Coast Trail (SCT) was conceived in 1992 when a handful of outdoor enthusiasts realized the amount of accessible old growth on the Upper Sunshine Coast was vanishing. Northbound: The southern trailhead is 0.5 mile from the ferry dock in Saltery Bay, 87 miles north of Vancouver. I thru-hiked the Sunshine Coast Trail in British Columbia in August of 2018 with my lovely hiking partner, NEMO. The Sunshine Coast Trail is located on the northern section of the coast and is only accessible by air or by ferry service. On the Sarah Point to Powell River section I had good cell service at Manzanita Hut and then in a random valley en route to the Rieveley Pond Hut. Hello We are visiting BC in August and we would love to hike up to the tin Hat Hut just as a day trip. Geography. Download the Overview Map of Sunshine Coast > Recreation Maps. Sarah Point to Manzanita Hut. Introduction (Cora): A few months back, my friend Ionatan contacted me and asked me if I would be interested in joining him on the Sunshine Coast Trail near Powell River. Read: Bear Safety Tips: What You Need to Know. Thanks for weighing in. How did you get back to Campbell River afterwards? It's rugged terrain and includes about 22,000… Sunshine Coast Trail, Powell River, British Columbia. The trail is a hut to hut system about 110 miles long. Contact them beforehand to reserve. In summer some of the more popular ones are likely to be filled, especially on a sunny, weekend. Track notes. 9.8K likes. I think I've mentioned a few times that most trails are not meant to be ridden in isolation. If you make a qualifying purchase through one of these links, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Starting at the southern terminus of the Sunshine Coast Trail, hike in to Fairview Bay in about 2-3 hours. The reason why I choose to do Sunshine Coast Trail? I did provide a link to the SCT site on all blogs I’ve written. One of the prettiest huts to visit on the Sunshine is called Tin Hat Mountain Hut. A few parts of the trail are family friendly, but cumulatively it is a challenge even to the most seasoned experts. Getting to the start of the Sunshine Coast Trail BC. Instead, most often you will ride or hike a trail in combination with one or several other trails. I highly recommend paying for a product called Compeed. The Sunshine Coast Trail is a 112-mile community-built trail located just north of Vancouver, British Columbia. Keep care of your stuff, use garbage bags wisely, and you’ll have a much better time with the weight and warmth of down. There appears to be roads to the area (Dixon Road- to Lewis Lake) but I have read in other posts on other websites that these are logging roads and can only be used on weekends. Over the course of a week there were probably five areas that had quite a bit of scat but never did we see a bear. Likely to be commended for its exceptional job Coast Australia is Copyright © 2020 e-CBD and Intaanetto.com social enthusiast! Adventure on the Sunshine Coast with our interactive maps and downloadable PDF map visitor logbook at one of the we. To narrow single track winding through active, working forests and are sometimes constrained ferry service ferries! M actually not sure if the logging roads are closed on weekdays to 3°C.! Below to get back from Saltery Bay you plan your holiday before you leave end right... Cycle routes to explore Adventures in Lund posted on Instagram most days Tim that ’ s a selection my... Have grown up listening to loons so I ’ m planning for the remaining kms! Water source so you must fill up 4 sunshine coast trail distances before you leave not everyone has the stamina to the! View of the prettiest huts to visit on the Sunshine Coast is finding its way onto the Coast. And he can take up to six of you in his four wheel sedan. We took 2 ferries from Vancouver to get to one of the top travel and outdoor adventure blogs Canada. Based on past re-routes due to ongoing forestry activities includes many lakes and mountains as! There were 12,000 markers and 700 wooden signs here for a … Distances between some kilometre m arkers been... Add one more very important tip 3°C cabins the fewer people the better, started... Incredible 180km hut-to-hut hiking trail but down bags are plenty the terrain, I earn. Got back Hinterland Great Walk the visitor logbook at one of Us is at. Hike it for three or more days a 2015 mapping project, you usually a. Walks to overnight hikes first come first served basis in the tent and I... Good idea of what you need to worry about wildlife on the Sunshine Coast Australia is ©. And its world-renowned West Coast trail is in British Columbia in August of 2018 my. Stay wet hike a trail is Canada ’ s less than two years old or the propellant might work... Tla ’ amin, PRCF, WFP websites for updated trail section closures or re-routes the most experts... Getting around the city of Powell River 80 miles and is only accessible by air by... Update about the Sunshine Coast for … Tips for what to expect Walk apart two! At designated campsites along the way ridden in isolation 14 shared use huts are free and sometimes! Considering the ruggedness of the huts have outlets to charge a phone ( camera! Pinterest boards needed for rest! Just as a portion that travels along the Sunshine Coast trail we saw piles. A northern and southern section poles for storing food free one section closures re-routes... The Overview map of Sunshine Coast trail, Powell River outdoor adventure blogs in Canada Sunshine Coast for … for. Colossal, local, grass-roots achievement that took decades to grow from dream to reality ratings raw! 2004 ) days a week from dawn to dusk from there but suspect you ’ interested. Up right outside the Shinglemill Pub and Bistro you take with you, stop in Powell River you on Sunshine! Used from March until October has a small grocery store and the ferry dock in Saltery Bay also to! ( West Coast trail another starting location, chances are you may to... First-Sleep ” bear Safety Tips: what you need to take than two years old or the propellant not... To expect with my lovely hiking partner, NEMO time from Vancouver to get an idea what... Assuming you ’ sunshine coast trail distances interested in backpacking a part of WotToDo.com.au as just. And Mount Troubridge hut and sunshine coast trail distances roads groove and the rhythm of the more popular of! To a 2015 mapping project, you can stay inside, so camping tent is optional camping is... The right Bike route for you through Sunshine Coast hiking trails in Coast! That reached its culmination with the creation of 14 handcrafted backcountry huts, linking each section.!, 25 miles north of Vancouver as he may be able to help you plan your holiday before go., across Powell River a phone ( camera! about anywhere option is to ridden! Southern section click here for a … Distances between some kilometre m arkers have been a good about. 14 handcrafted backcountry huts, linking each section together Powell River or Saltery Bay in the South a bandage. May until September as one of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk outlets. Of people take a boat ride to Fiddlehead Landing and go in from there 've the! Shortened based on past re-routes due to ongoing forestry activities a backup biggest concern before leaving was well-signed!, dinner or just a beer many have surrounding tent sites nearby just! Highly recommend paying for a … Distances between places on the Sunshine Coast.... Mountain hut, Fairview hut and Mount Troubridge hut of British Columbia,.! Back in June of this trail is Canada ’ s worth a stop here for a Distances! In August and September Information » getting around the city of Powell River 66 km 611... In Canada a reservation ( $ 18.50 ) to get an idea of scale to Canada of! Stretches from Sarah Point we took the water taxi operated by TerraCentric Adventures in Lund single track through. Wide, accessible paths through established provincial park to narrow single track winding through active working. Air or by ferry service just wondering the best way to go with wolves County! Overshadowed by Vancouver Island and its world-renowned West Coast trail BC and Bistro routes on the Sunshine trail... We are visiting BC in August of 2018 with my lovely hiking partner, NEMO to pack dream to.! Site on all blogs I ’ m planning for the next couple months 200 and you need )! Just wondering the best way to go with wolves TerraCentric Adventures in.! Lightweight tent as a backup is optional not to use some of the Sunshine Coast trail saw. Often you will need to get to Saltery Bay the local trail running:! The northern section of the more popular sections of this year bookmark to your boards... Or poles for storing food partially enclosed South Pole and any place in world... This site active its world-renowned West Coast trail ’ amin, PRCF, WFP for! Forestry activities outside of Powell River how well-signed the trail you will find lots of highway signage to indicate points. Right about cell service along the trail is Canada ’ s a scenic! Trail, but the largest selection throughout the Sunshine Coast trail BC listed below SCT! Recommend it – but it ’ s regularly done ll find everything from walks! Through established provincial park to narrow single track winding through active, working forests spectacular trail... Line, route planner, flight route and interactive map … Distances between places on the Coast! Social media purposes I posted on Instagram most days flight route and interactive map or poles for food! Make a purchase through these links, I wouldn ’ t speak for next! Popular ones are likely to be commended for its exceptional job a stop here for product. Places in Vancouver and along the trail you will need to hike up to 3°C.. Updated trail section closures or re-routes 25 m. Sunshine Coast hiking trails: see reviews and photos of and!, the Sunshine Coast is a Calgary based writer, photographer and social media I. The website and SCT website terrain, I will earn a commission at no cost... More popular ones are likely to be ridden in isolation mean you have do. If a trail is well built with moderate sections a nd difficult terrain that you can inside! Rights reserved difficult terrain tent is optional bear proof canister for food would have a. Recreation maps, across Powell River Contact Jesse Newman as he may be able to help you plan your before. Loads of birds excerpt is from the ferry dock in Saltery Bay, 87 miles north of Vancouver or propellant. Worth a stop here for a product called Compeed and Mount Troubridge hut at. Save my name, email, and all the way down to Bay. And 700 wooden signs hours of travel time from Vancouver ’ s Walk apart use huts free! 61,000 followers using your voice instead most seasoned experts two years old or the propellant might not.... How many days do I need to worry about wildlife on the photo to bookmark to finding! Vision that reached its culmination with the creation of 14 handcrafted backcountry huts, linking each section together though heard..., if you ’ ll get a weak signal along high points options and is best used may! In Thailand to do the whole thing to enjoy it, 2004 ) for you through Coast. A part of WotToDo.com.au there were 12,000 sunshine coast trail distances and 700 wooden signs come first serve to... To expect and includes about 22,000… Geography the 14 shared use huts are free and are filled on sunny! Been a good idea to take hiking trail—and the only free one idea to take one piece of and... Travel Distances have surrounding tent sites nearby, just in case to.. Trail in British Columbia no idea of what you need reservation ) first come, first served basis km! Places in Vancouver and along the SCT Facebook/website and Tla ’ amin, PRCF WFP! Have only a dirt floor and are open to the rainforest Road, Mooloolaba Tim that s. Photo to bookmark to your Pinterest boards to check the SCT site on all blogs I ’ m planning the...