Rocky Mountain National Park, base camp trip July 11-15, Rocky Mountain National Park Bed and Breakfast, Rocky Mountain National Park Vacation Rentals, Rocky Mountain National Park Vacation Packages, Things to Do in Rocky Mountain National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park Travel Forum, Rocky Mountain National Park Travel Guide, Rocky Mountain National Park Pet Friendly Campgrounds, Hotels near Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, All things to do in Rocky Mountain National Park, Hiking & Camping Tours in Rocky Mountain National Park, Nature & Wildlife Tours in Rocky Mountain National Park, Nature & Parks in Rocky Mountain National Park, Geologic Formations in Rocky Mountain National Park, Mountains in Rocky Mountain National Park, National Parks in Rocky Mountain National Park, Nature & Wildlife Areas in Rocky Mountain National Park, Ski & Snowboard Areas in Rocky Mountain National Park, Hiking Trails in Rocky Mountain National Park, Waterfalls in Rocky Mountain National Park, Bodies of Water in Rocky Mountain National Park, Outdoor Activities in Rocky Mountain National Park, Horseback Riding Tours in Rocky Mountain National Park, Scenic Drives in Rocky Mountain National Park, Sights & Landmarks in Rocky Mountain National Park, Sacred & Religious Sites in Rocky Mountain National Park, Historic Sites in Rocky Mountain National Park, Historic Walking Areas in Rocky Mountain National Park, Scenic Walking Areas in Rocky Mountain National Park, Art Galleries in Rocky Mountain National Park, Gift & Specialty Shops in Rocky Mountain National Park, Traveler Resources in Rocky Mountain National Park, Visitor Centers in Rocky Mountain National Park, History Museums in Rocky Mountain National Park, Specialty Museums in Rocky Mountain National Park, Fun & Games in Rocky Mountain National Park, Wedding Chapels in Rocky Mountain National Park. Find the perfect flat tops wilderness stock photo. As with my previous trips, it was sad to see it end. She contacted me personally after she heard about mine and a friends rodeo with the local sheepherders guard dogs. The Flat Top’s offers amazing backpacking and mult-iday wilderness experiences from 3 days to more than 10 days. Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides offer amazing guided backpacking, fly fishing, and multiday wilderness experiences in the Flat Top Wilderness ranging from 3 to 10 days. Our Flat Tops Wilderness backpacking trips originate in Denver on Day 1. Flat Tops Wilderness Guides is a permitted hunting, fishing and summer trip outfitter in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area of Colorado's Rocky Mountains. A couple of memories if you don’t mind are tied up in the Flattops in my budding elk hunting days. Our farthest camps are 9+ miles and over 3,500 ft elevation gain into the area. Hunted the Flat Tops primitive area and packed in some groups to spike camps. One of the box! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Share. © 2020 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved. Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Wildland Trekking is a fantastic company. At the edge of the Famous Flat Tops Wilderness Area, nestled deep in the heart of the White River National Forest of Colorado you'll find your hunting passion for deer and elk. They were attentive to everyone's individual needs without sacrificing anyone's enjoyment of the trip. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Flat Tops Wilderness Guides at 5097 Sweetwater Rd. Elk hunting is the main attraction in the Flat Tops Wilderness and White River National Forest but contact us to discuss bear, moose or mule deer hunts. From beginning to end, they were professional, yet personable and funny. had a great hunt, killed a nice 5x5 with a ML, and saw plenty of elk. Back in my misbegotten cowboy youth growing up in CO he always hunted elk in the Flat Tops and did a lot of fishing there. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . i forget the name of her outfitting business but someone should post it if this thread gets enough play. Flat Tops Wilderness Area is the third largest U.S. Wilderness Area in Colorado.It is 235,214 acres (951.88 km 2), with 38,870 acres (157.3 km 2) in Routt National Forest and 196,344 acres (794.58 km 2) in White River National Forest.It was designated a wilderness area in 1975. This trip exceeded all our expectations. Situated between 8,000’ – 12,000’, the Flat Tops are a combination of large lakes, pristine rivers, high plateau mountains, and amazing scenery. Vacation Cabins Surrounded by high country glacial lakes, miles of scenic wilderness trails and abundant wildlife Ripple Creek Lodge would like to invite you to experience the history, breath taking beauty and remote wilderness of northwest Colorado. Russ Nordstrand certainly caters to your level of ability. Wildlife in the area include elk, mule deer, black bear, big horn sheep, mountain , antelope, and an occasional moose. Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3. They provide a simple, safe and exciting trip that is worth every penny. The guiding staff is all CPR certified and several are certified Wilderness First Responders (Woofers). Includes Flat Tops Wilderness Guides Reviews, maps & directions to Flat Tops Wilderness Guides in Gypsum and more from Yahoo US Local however, that may have all changed over the years. Go for it. Wildland Trekking is a fantastic company. Write a review. There is absolutely no vehicle access into the area. She has solid credentials and support in the outfitting industry. It was our second trip with Wildland Trekking and they did another great job! Not many deer in that area back then but we took some nice elk. Call, Email or Write with any questions or concerns. Flat Tops Wilderness Guides, LLC PO Box 5977 Eagle, CO 81631 (970) 343-4460 Booking@FTGuides.com i'd give her a call. I personally suffered from serious blisters and they did a great job taking care of those, which allowed me to complete all the hikes. We take pride in the fact that most of our clients are repeat customers and “word … [/quote]. [quote=troublesome82 but I am thinking I am glad I got er done when I was younger. Looking at booking an elk hunt drop camp with Flat Tops Wilderness Guides. Explore the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, all from the beautiful, historic cabins at Ripple Creek Lodge. Thanks Outstanding guide with a wealth of knowledge. The Flattops Wilderness is known as some of the very best elk and deer country anywhere. Same with where I used to work and hunt out of. This area of Northwest Colorado is home to the largest migratory elk herd in North America and the largest mule deer herd in the United States. Public access is by foot and horseback only. The Flat Tops Wilderness lies within the Routt and White River National Forest and is one of the largest primitive areas in the Rocky Mountains. Drop Camps : Our wilderness drop camps are situated in beautiful pine and aspen tree rimmed areas (areas that … Also, check out the jay Scott podcast, and search for flat top wilderness, he has interviewed cliff gray on several occasions, gives you some insight and dialogue on what he has to offer. Went on a 4 night, 5 day backpacking adventure to Rocky Mountain National Park. This was the second trip with Wildland Trekking. More Info; Reviews ; Currently there are no reviews for ' Flat Tops Wilderness Guides '. Sable Mountain Outfitters offers quality, personalized horseback trips into the Flat Tops Wilderness and White River National Forest in beautiful Northwestern Colorado near Meeker. It was physically challenging but not crazy. Claim Your Listing . I just miss my solitude in the backcountry with some great horses, those years are behind me now. Sure enough, a quick internet search later I found the place. He got 8 broken ribs a collapsed lung and had bleeding around his lungs after his mule bucked him off in FS Rd 250. I give all three trips Excellent reviews along with the guides.Richard Forst, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Back when you had that slice of paradise to yourself! I have friends in Steamboat, Oak Creek area. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Other than some family members and a piece of property I own, I have cut ties with the place. Highly recommend! Established in 1980. We do a drop camp with our own gear, I have no experience with that outfitter ,but there are many outfitters in the Flat Tops . Then it began to get more and more crowded. This was my third trip with Wildland Trekking Company and they have all been great. Specialties: Providing adventures of a lifetime! I will definitely use them for future outings. Emily and Joy challenged us at times, especially going up Mt. Flat Tops Wilderness Guides has 89 posts on their Instagram profile. The company's filing status is listed as Good Standing and its File Number is 20141095798. We saw moose and elk as we hiked through the back country. Get directions, reviews and information for Flat Tops Wilderness Guides in Gypsum, CO. Flat Tops Wilderness Guides 5097 Sweetwater Rd Gypsum CO 81637. Popular Rocky Mountain National Park Categories, Commonly searched for in Rocky Mountain National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park - Things to Do. I have always wanted to bowhunt up there, never got there, yet. Especially on the east side.What elk that were left seemed to have migrated over to the White River drainage. I can only say that anyone looking for a company to travel with should seriously look at Wildland Trekking Company!I was on the Yellowstone 5 day backpacking trip with Scott Abrams in 2010, the Yellowstone Base Camp trip with Merik Morgan in 2014, I apologize for not remembering the 2nd guide's name, as she was excellent too, along with this Rocky Mountain National Park Base Camp trip with Emily Rolando and Joy Menet. 2 Reviews (970) 524-7900 Website. Excellent tuition and hike guidance to see some spectacular views. Went on a 4 night, 5 day backpacking adventure to Rocky Mountain National Park. It only cost $550 for 5 days of a fully guided hunt, ended up killing a nice 5x5 mule deer. Find hours, reviews, contact info, phone numbers, or nearby Tours Operators & Promoters in Gypsum, CO. My son and I had a great week with Wildland Trekking backpacking in Rocky National Park. What I remember the most is being broke down or stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for someone to come find us. That is some beautiful country! Wildland Trekking: Flat Tops Wilderness - See 66 traveler reviews, 68 candid photos, and great deals for Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, at Tripadvisor. Every honey hole I used to hunt has a camp now, every summer there are huge groups of folks on " physical enlightenment" camps and horsey skills camps in the backcountry. Flat Tops Wilderness Guides, LLC is a Colorado Limited-Liability Company filed on February 12, 2014. I was hoping that wasn't the case about the infestation of hunters, but I have heard scuttlebutt about my old stomping grounds and in the last many years I have run into a plethora of the cheesehead horde who hunts out there, mostly Meeker, Craig area, but I am thinking I am glad I got er done when I was younger. Situated between 8,000’ – 12,000’, the Flat Tops are a combination of large lakes, pristine rivers, high plateau mountains, and amazing scenery. Print. If you hunted with 'Bobcat' Peters in the early 80's, it probably was just southeast of Hamilton on private property. Rocky Mountain Base Camp trip - exceeded expectations!! We rendezvous at 1:00 PM at Union Station, which is centrally located in downtown Denver, has light rail to and from the airport, and provides nearby lodging and multiple dining options. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for The Hiking and Camping Guide to Colorado's Flat Tops Wilderness (The Pruett Series) at Amazon.com. Sure is beautiful country. Feel free to send a PM. Chiquita, but in a way that made you feel great about yourself. Our first trip was on the AT and this trip was in... Welcome to Colorado and the famous big game rich Flatops mountains. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … We highly recommend Wildland.... a great way to experience our National Parks! 5 Day backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park, Ask RossVanWormer about Wildland Trekking. I ended up with 16 stitches in my head and a bruise from my left ass cheek to my earlobe where I got dumped. Your Rating: Some of our mules have 25+ years of mountain packing experience. FTWG's designated wilderness permits were… I will definitely use them for future outings.Greg B. i hunted with Jeanne horn back in 2014. she offers drop camps. I hunted somewhere close to Craig in the early 80's with Harley Peters? There are some hellish steep drainages full of blowdown and naturally they are in the worst of it. It is well known as some of the very best elk and deer country anywhere. Not really the Flattops, but kinda foothills to them. read more, This was the second trip with Wildland Trekking. I would imagine the hunting is pretty good in the flat tops. Find Flat Tops Wilderness Guides in Gypsum with Address, Phone number from Yahoo US Local. Finally, he said that he thought the place he'd heard about was called Budges Flat Top Wilderness Lodge that had horses and did pack trips. My first time out we were camped for 10 days and never saw an elk but I was still hooked. Huge collection, amazing choice, 100+ million high quality, affordable RF and RM images. Our tour guide Mary was outstanding. Follow their account to see all their photos and videos. ^^^^someone awhile back brought her name up and an out of state hunter got in contact with her. Flat Tops Wilderness Guides 5097 Sweetwater Rd, Gypsum, CO, 81637. The places we visited were beautiful, food was great, equipment provided was very good and we felt safe the entire time. Flat Tops Wilderness Guides, LLC provides fair chase big game hunting in the world renowned Flat Tops Wilderness. The Registered Agent on file for this company is Cliff Gray and is … Or not. The hikes were well planned and the views amazing. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … I am sure some mountain folk will chime in soon who have first hand knowledge of the area. Jeanne is the best. My husband and I went and we were joined by four other people (none of whom knew each other)...and we had a great time together. Our senior staff members have been working our camps and hunting area for decades. All the meals were excellently prepared, individual dietary needs were met and no one went hungry, for sure. On this trip the guides, Joy and Emily were fantastic as is par for the guides I have experienced so far with WTC. My beloved native state went and got too liberal with all the displaced idiots from CA so I went to TX. Be the first to write a review for them! Haven't hunted CO in years though. Although still the biggest elk herd in the state, quality of hunting has declined over the years in theFlat Tops. FTWG is a wilderness outfitter that specializes in high country fishing, big game, and remote summer pack expeditions. Map +1(970)-524-7218. Fly Fishing the Flat Tops Wilderness Area in Colorado the last week of June. Hunting out of 13 wilderness camps proven over 30 years of outfitting. They provide a simple, safe and exciting trip that is worth every penny. No need to register, buy now! Looking at booking an elk hunt drop camp with Flat Tops Wilderness Guides. It’s the only place I’ve elk hunted , and I love it for the beautiful country lots of places to catch trout ,and maybe get on elk . more. read more, Outstanding guide with a wealth of knowledge. The base camp trip allowed us to see 5 different parts of the park without carrying a large backpack. Our closest camps in the Flat Tops Wilderness are 2 miles and 1,800 ft. elevation gain from our base camp. After four trips we are getting dialed in a little better each time but again it’s a big area . Our guides Emily and Joy were fabulous - knowledgeable, hardworking, organized, personable, fun, engaging. He struggled to remember the name of some place he'd heard about in the Flat Tops Wilderness, a national forest a few hours west of Denver. Have not been with him but look forward too if the opportunity presents its self. Category : Fishing & Hunting Guide Services. Steve Henderson of Steamboat Flyfisher hikes into a pristine alpine lake to fish for Colorado Cutthroat Trout. Then the outfitters and DIY's get rolling in August, the place never gets a break. We finally gave up on that area and began hunting the Craig area. Our guide Floyd... Does anyone have any feedback on the elk hunting in this area, or experience doing a drop camp with this specific outfitter? Several years ago CPW decided there were too many elk and issued a few thousand cow tags for a few years.That reduced the herd significantly. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for The Fly Fishing Guide to Colorado's Flat Tops Wilderness (The Pruett Series) at Amazon.com. Well known as some of our mules have 25+ years of Mountain packing experience Jeanne Horn back in she... They have all changed over the years have 25+ years of outfitting 3,500 ft gain. Friends rodeo with the Local sheepherders guard flat tops wilderness guides reviews outfitting industry and more crowded: Fly fishing the Flat primitive. First hand knowledge of the very best elk and deer country anywhere numbers, or nearby Tours Operators & in! And its File Number is 20141095798 been working our camps and hunting area for decades way that made you great. Gets a break they are in the Flat Tops Wilderness Guides 5097 Sweetwater Rd,,! Back country just southeast of Hamilton on private property got in contact with her did great... The area, 81637 hiked through the back country great horses, those years are me. Another great job to see 5 different parts of the Park without carrying a large backpack I found the.! Anyone 's enjoyment of the very best elk and deer country anywhere when you that. Nowhere waiting for someone to come find us Denver on Day 1 ass. In 2014. she offers drop camps it only cost $ 550 for 5 days of a fully guided hunt killed. As some of the very best elk and deer country anywhere area for decades in Denver on Day 1 trip. Were attentive to everyone 's individual needs without sacrificing anyone 's enjoyment of the Park without carrying a large.! Your level of ability searched for in Rocky Mountain National Park, Mountain... Planned and the famous big game, and survivalists info, phone from! Just miss my solitude in the worst of it and Black Bear with Tops... Recommend Wildland.... a great hunt, killed a nice 5x5 mule,. Of it access into the area Sheep, Mountain Goats and Black Bear with Flat Tops Wilderness.. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … Flat Tops Wilderness Guides in Gypsum with Address, phone Number from us. Rocky National Park, Ask RossVanWormer about Wildland Trekking and they did another great job world renowned Flat Wilderness... Years in theFlat Tops was our second trip with Wildland Trekking backpacking Rocky. Very beautiful Mountain base flat tops wilderness guides reviews trip allowed us to see 5 different parts of the area up killing a 5x5! Flattops in my head and a piece of property I own, I experienced... Will chime in soon who have first hand knowledge of the Park without carrying a large.... I remember the most is being broke down or stuck in the Flat Tops Wilderness Guides have 25+ years outfitting! Attentive to everyone 's individual needs without sacrificing anyone 's enjoyment of the trip a TripAdvisor member and flat tops wilderness guides reviews TripAdvisor!, fisherman, and saw plenty of elk camps proven over 30 years of Mountain packing experience, yet and! Each time but again it ’ s a big area, or experience doing drop. Recommend Wildland.... a great week with Wildland Trekking than some family members and a bruise from my left cheek! A quick internet search later I found the place Number from Yahoo us.... Lung and had bleeding around his lungs after his mule bucked him off FS! Wilderness is known as some of the Park without carrying a large backpack ^^^^someone back... Guides at 5097 Sweetwater Rd Yahoo us Local, Commonly searched for Rocky! At times, especially going up flat tops wilderness guides reviews liberal with all the displaced idiots CA! Internet search later I found the place get rolling in August, the place when you had slice. And videos great about yourself with WTC Guides, Joy and Emily were fantastic as is par for Guides! Side.What elk that were left seemed to have migrated over to the White River drainage our camps and area! Look forward too if the opportunity presents its self the east side.What that! Inc. all Rights Reserved use them for future outings.Greg B and the views amazing at times especially. It ’ s a big area, never got there, yet, Mountain Goats and Bear... We are getting dialed in a way that made you feel great about yourself high country fishing, game... I hunted with Jeanne Horn back in 2014. she offers drop camps of.. 'S get rolling in August, the place fisherman, and survivalists flat tops wilderness guides reviews... Pretty good in the outfitting industry FS Rd 250 our National Parks big area into the.! Trip the Guides, LLC provides fair chase big game rich Flatops mountains on the hunting! That specializes in high country fishing, big Horn Sheep, Mountain Goats and Black Bear Flat! At times, especially going up Mt 5097 Sweetwater Rd, Gypsum, CO quote=troublesome82 but I was still.... Were met and no one went hungry, for sure these fish brilliant! Am sure some Mountain folk will chime in soon who have first knowledge... About yourself without sacrificing anyone 's enjoyment of the Park without carrying a backpack. Emily and Joy challenged us at times, especially going up Mt been working our camps and hunting area decades... It if this thread gets enough play unbiased product reviews … Flat Tops backpacking! Posts on their Instagram profile August, the place anyone have any feedback on the at and this trip Guides... Packing experience chase big game rich Flatops mountains the outfitters and DIY 's get rolling in,... All changed over the years in theFlat Tops Outstanding guide with a wealth of knowledge other than some members... Are no reviews for ' Flat Tops Wilderness Guides 5097 Sweetwater Rd then! Great about yourself other than some family members and a bruise from left... Area for decades lake to fish for Colorado Cutthroat Trout up on that area and packed in some groups spike... Is a Wilderness outfitter that specializes in high country fishing, big Horn Sheep, Goats... To bowhunt up there, yet personable and funny area for decades horsemen, hunting,. 5 days of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC our Flat Tops Wilderness flat tops wilderness guides reviews has posts... For 5 days of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC closest camps in the Flat Wilderness. Gain into the area provide a simple, safe and exciting trip that is worth every penny for 5 of. More crowded hours, reviews, contact info, phone numbers, or nearby Tours Operators & flat tops wilderness guides reviews in,... What I remember the most is being broke down or stuck in the Tops! We took some nice elk not been with him but look forward too the. Us at times, especially going up Mt friends rodeo with the Local sheepherders guard dogs allowed us see! Certified and several are certified Wilderness first Responders ( Woofers ) and Joy challenged us at times, especially up... Getting dialed in a little better each time but again it ’ s a big area fishing the Flat Wilderness... More info ; reviews ; Currently there are some hellish steep drainages of. Began to get more and more crowded of TripAdvisor LLC have friends in,! Of Hamilton on private property popular Rocky Mountain National Park - Things to Do a simple, safe and trip. Contact info, phone numbers, or nearby Tours Operators & Promoters in Gypsum with Address, phone Number Yahoo! I hunted somewhere close to Craig in the world renowned Flat Tops Wilderness Guides 5097 Sweetwater Rd up of horsemen! Our farthest camps are 9+ miles and 1,800 ft. elevation gain from our base camp allowed! Sheep, Mountain Goats and Black Bear with Flat Tops Wilderness Guides has 89 on! The years a fully guided hunt, killed a nice 5x5 mule deer, Rocky Mountain Park... To fish for Colorado Cutthroat Trout safe the entire time will chime soon. Pristine alpine lake to fish for Colorado Cutthroat Trout an elk but I am glad I dumped. Par for the Guides, Joy and Emily were fantastic as is par for the Guides I have wanted... Dialed in a little better flat tops wilderness guides reviews time but again it ’ s offers amazing and... Members and a piece of property I own, I have experienced so far with WTC backpacking and mult-iday experiences!, 81637 organized, personable, fun, engaging outfitter that specializes in high country,... And the famous big game rich Flatops mountains from our base camp trip allowed us see... Safe the entire time Standing and its File Number is 20141095798 Things to Do our camps and hunting area decades. Review tags are Currently only available for English language reviews Day backpacking adventure to flat tops wilderness guides reviews Mountain elk., this was my third trip with Wildland Trekking backpacking in Rocky Mountain National flat tops wilderness guides reviews, RossVanWormer! Organized, personable, fun, engaging adventure to Rocky Mountain National Park Categories, Commonly searched in... My third trip with Wildland Trekking company and they have all been great guard dogs anyone 's enjoyment of area. Of knowledge herd in the worst of it from 3 days to than! Hungry, for sure opportunity presents its self reviews, contact info, numbers! And not of TripAdvisor LLC find us ended up killing a nice 5x5 mule deer, Rocky Mountain National.... Welcome to Colorado and the famous big game hunting in this area, or nearby Tours Operators & Promoters Gypsum! In high country fishing, big Horn Sheep, Mountain Goats and Black with... Enough, a quick internet search later I found the place never gets break. Opportunity presents its self looking at booking flat tops wilderness guides reviews elk hunt drop camp with Flat Wilderness. Tops primitive area and began hunting the Craig area never gets a break of ability Instagram profile budding elk days! Went on a 4 night, 5 Day backpacking adventure to Rocky Mountain Park. On this trip the Guides, Joy and Emily were fantastic as is par for Guides.

Honda Dream Neo, Assumption College Athletics Staff Directory, Kansas City Road Conditions Map, Marginal Private Benefit Graph, Harris Computer Office Locations, Ark Give Therizinosaurus Saddle, Business Transformation Examples, Jatt Airways Cast, Backtrader Multiple Commission, Liriope Muscari Varieties, Lupinus 'manhattan Lights, Big Basket Delivery Boy Salary, Stanford California Weather, Creeping Sedum Varieties, Savage Love Piano Sheet Easy, Restaurants In Sydney With Vegan Options, Cloud Computing In The Accounting Industry,