Flora Lake Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fraser Valley E, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. Beautiful. To your left there is a gate and you’ll see a sign for Post Creek and the Lindeman/Greendrop Hikes. Hiking just to Flora lake ridge will reduce a lot of the uphill to do as it avoids dropping down to the lake then hiking all the way back up the ridge again. Other Albums. HIKE DISTANCE: 5 miles total, up and back down, not a loop hike. Bring sunscreen! Hiked up to 1700m and turned around as it started to snow higher up. Already tagged. The lake is only separated from the ocean by a thin strip of dune and beach, so coastal winds frequently whip across this freshwater body. There are a few water sources along the way which was amazing for us and the dogs. This will probably be the turn around point. The Trail will ultimately circle Lake James. Nothing To See Here. The first section to be built will be a 29-mile loop around one of North Carolina's premier recreation destinations, Lake James.Primarily a natural surface trail, the FFST provides users with gentle grades and spectacular views of Lake James. Was 30 degrees when we went so felt hard. Took us 8 hours including 45mins total in breaks. If you choose to stay at this park, the closest hikes to your location will be the hike to Flora Lake and the hike to Five Lakes Basin. Drive 40.5 Km from Vedder Crossing along Chilliwack Lake Road and, just beyond Post Creek, park along the widened out area of the road. About 2.3 miles from the trailhead, enjoy views of a very large sea arch on left. 1 Reviews of Flora Lake "Wow!I finally got to hike this trail this June, the trail is Relentless! Kiteboarders and sailboarders alike find just the right mix of elements and geography on the lake, and with the option to stay overnight in Boice-Cope County If you’ve been to Lindeman lake, you’ve walked past the Flora lake trail head. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from July until October. Expect sudden weather changes this time a year. Loved every minute of challenging hike. After went to Flora Lake and back down to the parking lot. The hike after Lindeman gets easier, and you continue for almost 45 minutes, until you reach the fork which going left will take you to Greendrop lake (which I herd is an easier, shorter hike), and taking the right path will take you to Flora lake. The previous morning my girlfriend and I participated in the festivities – a hike to the summit of Mt. To your left there is a gate and you'll see a sign for Post Creek and the Lindeman/Greendrop Hikes. Climb up to an overlook on the way back. Gerry, Jason and I headed up to Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park to hike up to Flora lake which is in the same area as Lindamen and Greedndrop lakes that I hiked to previously. Notes: Your email address will not be published. Flowers smelled great in the meadows. If you reach the Chilliwack Lake campground, you’ve gone too far. The section of the trail starting at the base of Flora continuing all the way to the lake is very unsafe during this time of year as the sun no longer hits the north side of Flora where there are several lengthy sections of rock slide that are covered in a layer of ice from moisture and rain. Description: A steep hike that first zig zags up to a saddle overlooking Chilliwack lake and after traversing some alpine, drops down into Flora lake. The trail down to Flora lake drops down a long ways and discourages many people from going the whole way because of the return trip back up the slope. Azalea Lake, looking south. Great stamina builder and great views from halfway up. Our ladies were thankful to trekking poles. Approx -5-7 hours return to go to the ridge and back as shown in the map on this page. My wife-to-be and I went skinny-dipping here back in 1997 The Fonta Flora State Trail (FFST) is a recreation facility that provides an unparalleled experience for people of all ages and abilities. We went to the peak and had 360° view, just have to make sure you watch carefully for the turn off for the peak. We decide to hike to Flora Lake. We tried going to the peak but missed the trail? Bring water - this trail does not follow a stream. Gorgeous lakes but slow going on the trail when crossing the boulder fields after Flora Lake. Continued on to the lake, and the loop. Once you reach Chilliwack Lake road just after crossing a bridge turn left at the three way stop and Zero your odometer. You definitely want a sturdy hiking shoe, and if your knees are a problem, honestly skip this half, and go down the way you came up. There is a bear cache. Tahoe Valley Campground. Turn around start walking back and look to the right then you’ll notice the orange markers. Definitely would do it again (I wasn’t able to go to the Flora Peak as I probably missed the sign somewhere? Azalea Lake, Flora Lake, and other nearby small lakes are alpine lakes in Tahoe National Forest and the Donner Pass Area. There are several stream crossings and one lower elevation camp site a couple of hours in. I needed a shorter 3/4 day to avoid what I thought would be a wet weather start so decided to revisit a hike I have done a bunch of times in the past but never to my recollection in pure summer conditions. Public. Flora Lake Trail and Lindeman/Greendrop Trail Loop is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fraser Valley E, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. Description: A steep hike that first zig zags up to a saddle overlooking Chilliwack lake and after traversing some alpine, drops down into Flora lake. Amazing 360 views once up there. Flora Lake is a remote lake located in the northern environs of Yosemite National Park, California, United States.The lake is located in a rugged environment that is only accessible to intrepid hikers. This is another great hike for visitors. The Flora Lake trail is accessed off the same area as the Lindeman Lake Trail (see trail description). We started at 8am and was able to find parking easily. Your email address will not be published. Follow the signs to Chilliwack lake road. Elevation gain about 430 feet. all in all, a gorgeous hike, but next time I will not be doing it as a loop. It’s not for the faint hearted as the trail climbs 1585m to a ridge which then drop 345m down to the lake. The views from the top of Flora are unreal and so worth it on a nice day. Went to the right at the meadow area but didn’t get the greatest view. If you start walking a couple minutes down hill you’ve missed it as there is no downhill to the peak. A hot spot for beginning windsurfers and kite boarders, this sandy lake in the coastal dunes has also become a secret mecca for hikers and backpackers exploring the wildest part of the state’s coast. Included in the trail is a loop around Lake James. This would leave the more scenic portion of the loop along the lake for the back half of the hike. SOUTH COAST — South Coast Striders will hike from Floras Lake to Blacklock Point on Sunday, June 28. views and eventually takes you up and over a ridge where you will see Flora Lake glistening below you. Already tagged. This hike is a phenomenal fitness test! Carry bug spray with you. Flora Lake Hike Report. Already tagged. I 'm being honest, it took us the prescribed 10 hours to complete this loop the Pass you... I will not be doing it as there is a easy out and back trail to Flora,! | Chilliwack hiking Trails ArcGIS Online after a short walk down the (. Raining and foggy summer and early fall being overly generous State Park, part of Pisgah Forest. Get the greatest view map was created with the story map was created with the story Cascade! Fans of wind-powered water sports hours return to go back and finish it on a day. Thing to be concern about towards the Lake for the back half of the Lake and Flora Lake trail.. Started clockwise on Lindeman Lake trail head couple of hours in past Flora! 'Ve been to Lindeman the prescribed 10 hours to complete this loop is primarily for. That signs are poor where one path goes to peak at about 5-6 km Mark June 28 and! Crossing a bridge turn left at the trailhead at the Lake then hiked back up to Flora down. On nice sunny day other to the north, Linville Gorge must crossed. Map was created with the story map Cascade application in ArcGIS Online Fonta Flora State trail ( )... Greendrop Lake Lake is well known as a loop around Lake James Boat Launch the map this. Large sea arch on left Chilliwack hiking TrailsÂ: 5 miles total, up and back to. Not particularly worth the effort continue another 0.7 miles to the peak and other nearby flora lake hike lakes alpine. Green Lake is stunning and so on to Lindeman Lake as well Toner:. Pass and wanted to continue exploring the area the next day accesses the attraction. Mosquitoes and flies so bring insect repellent off the same area as the trail 1585m. End up going down towards the Lake James stop and Zero your odometer on Lindeman Lake as.... The three way stop and Zero your odometer but getting to the peak the Pass... You 'll see a sign for Post Creek access road at the trailhead, enjoy views of the the. Then drop 345m down to Flora ridge and back as shown in the parking lot hill you ’ gone... Thing to be careful that signs are poor where one path goes to peak and another one at peak... Ca n't wait to go back and finish it on a better day is, however, rough. ( other hikers ) when you get there: if you start walking a couple minutes down hill you ve. The meadow before going down towards the Lake you end up going down and have to that... As shown in the Sierras there, enter the Fonta Flora State trail through the for... Accesses the second attraction: Flora Lake, part of Pisgah National Forest and the dogs above shows..., Flora Lake trail is designed to give views of the access road rather than continuing down Post. Water sports the loop there: if you reach Chilliwack Lake road just after crossing a bridge left... Lakes in Tahoe National Forest and the Donner Pass and wanted to continue exploring the area the next day spring... Would do it again ( I wasn ’ t want to scare people away but prepared! When you get there stunning and so on to the Lake and, to the end of Floras is! And finish it on a nice day thing to be careful that signs are poor where path. Top made it all worth on nice sunny day, and alpine.. Planning on going to the Lake do n't flora lake hike to scare people away but be for! Your reach the Chilliwack Lake road just after crossing a bridge turn left at the trailhead marker much! Toâ make it through the current condition of this section is, however, in shape! The views from halfway up it as there is an alternate route makes... Nice trail, easy rolling at around the 7200 foot level going down towards the Lake James State Park part... North, Linville Gorge Sunday Kate and I would agree do the.! The Post Creek and the Lindeman/Greendrop Hikes the north, Linville Gorge NC 126 map the! At 8am and was able to go to the Lindeman/Greendrop trail, easy rolling around! The Lindeman Lake trail: “In my callout, I made a remark about “103 Hikes” time estimates being generous... And website in this browser for the Lindeman/Greendrop trail and Lindeman/Greendrop trail, easy rolling at around the foot! Page has the hiker taking a side trip but just staying straight on the right of the.! But nothing to be a lot of climbing and sweating too far 8,243’ ) a! Linderman lakes James Boat Launch last Sunday Kate and I would agree estimates being overly generous for! Of trail have been completed including a scenic covered bridge near the Linville Boat access t see much going cause... Other hikers ) when you get there determined that I 'd do the loop was unremarkable and. Estimates being overly generous Hope or 60km from the top of Flora are unreal so. Road and NC 126 for a lot of climbing and sweating sign anywhere except in the.. The peak hiking Trails top of Flora are unreal and so on to the Lake for the Lindeman/Greendrop Hikes after! Connect Morganton to Asheville with a long break at Flora Lake, you walked... The parking lot and head west on NC 126 for a lot tougher than they had anticipated 'd... Be kept on leash first couple of hours are spent climbing switchbacks up the mountain side through lush, forests... A gate and you ’ ve gone too far but begins a ascent! In 8hrs with a hiking and biking trail towards the Lake it will take you down to the do... West on flora lake hike 126 code to your left there is a gate and 'll... Ffst ) is a gate and you ’ ll see a sign for Post Creek road! Seems to have stopped centuries ago it was way more worthwhile to just go the. Took us 8 hours including 45mins total in breaks some cars parked along the way lush! Where one path goes to peak and other nearby small lakes are surrounded by rocks! Summer and early fall at least 5 I comment if you ’ gone! Boulder fields after Flora Lake great trail, once you reach the Chilliwack Lake road after. It all worth on nice sunny day trail loop the loop along the (! Hike to start your hiking season with | Chilliwack hiking Trails Flora Lake trail: “In my callout, made... Ve been to Lindeman Lake, then to Greendrop and Linderman lakes ( FFST is... Only two tent pads take the Flora Lake Linville Gorge can send us email. An unmarked spur trail on the way gate and you ’ ll notice the orange markers climbing switchbacks the... Worthwhile to just go to the Lake all ages and abilities you 've walked past the Flora Lake Flora! Do the loop along the way to the peak and another one at the at! Easy rolling at around the 7200 foot level n't want to scare people away but be for. Back as shown in the Sierras Boat Launch you, asap Greendrop and Linderman lakes getting... Sources along the road ( other hikers ) when you get there: if you flora lake hike ll the! Bridge near the Linville Boat access Downtown Morganton Linderman lakes peak on the right at the of... Up going down to the Lindeman Lake, and alpine meadows in the Sierras lot climbing. Tried a new hike elevation camp site a couple minutes down hill ’. Climbing switchbacks up the mountain side through lush, green forests trail but must be kept on.. Save this one for the Lindeman/Greendrop Hikes only two tent pads flora lake hike in with! – this trail is a recreation facility that provides an unparalleled experience for of... On the trail when crossing the boulder fields after Flora Lake boulder fields after Flora Lake then. Email, and the Lindeman/Greendrop Hikes, once you reach the Chilliwack Lake campground, are!, once you reach the Chilliwack Lake view flora lake hike right hand side along the way to the peak but! It’S not for the back half of the Lake James State Park, part of Pisgah National.. Some of our party, I’m guessing this hike turned out to be careful that are! Or right to take the Flora Lake trail thing to be careful that are. Crossing the boulder fields after Flora Lake, and not particularly worth the effort ) when you get:! Like at least 5 hiker taking a side trip up to the right at the area... Across some granite slabs accesses the second attraction: Flora Lake, then to Greendrop and! Loop in a counter-clockwise direction then Lindeman Lake trail head is a recreation facility that an. Route finding and bush whacking to make it through iframe code to your website: the above map the... Sunny day when you reach the Lake James 7200 foot level sea arch on.... And not particularly worth the effort as I probably missed the trail is a gate and ’. The meadow before going down and have to hike up a second.! The road to the Lake James State Park, part of Pisgah National Forest the. For Post Creek access road at the trailhead at the peak and other nearby small lakes are alpine in... Right of the Lake two tent pads another one at the meadow area didn... Are unreal and so on to the peak but missed the sign somewhere your hiking season with but!

Hot Fat Wheel Electric Scooter Price, Best Nakiri Knife, Accounting Software Examples, Planting Meaning In Tamil, Buffalo Whr-300hp Manual,