The rail trail also runs along the Stonewall Preserve, a 300-acre farm preserved by OSI in 2005, which provides the Center’s homes with meat and pro¬duce and sustains its Thanksgiving Farm CSA. I parked in a public lot next to the Kerhonkson Fire Company, east of Route 209 off County Road 77, and headed due north. When the preference for using road freight brought about the closure of the Otago Central Railway, the rail corridor was vested to the Department of Conservation who, with the help of a newly established Otago Central Rail Trail Trust, converted the old railway line to a track suitable for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. It is very easy to fall. It's a Regular size geocache, with difficulty of 2, terrain of 2. HURLEYVILLE - The public is invited to join a Senior Stroll at 5 p.m. Sept. 19 along the Hurleyville Rail Trail in Hurleyville. Elevation: -. A rail trail is the conversion of a disused railway track into a multi-use path, typically for walking, cycling and sometimes horse riding and snowmobiling. It's a fat-tire trail. Cross over Westwood Dr at 0.9 miles. The cost to you will be in accommodation and meals while you are riding the trail. I tried bush-wacking with the bike, but it was rough. The rail trail is scenic, passing through farms, wood and wetlands, and will eventually con¬nect Hurleyville and South Fallsburg. high falls is a nice destination with shops, galleries, restaurants, the d&h canal museum and 5 locks walk, and of course the falls itself. Get Directions Add a photo Share Check in. At least thats what maps on the trail suggest, thouh i have yet to hike that far down myself. In addition to offering views of wetlands, this trail segment also passes by farmlands, rock formations, an abandoned railroad station (now a private residence), a firehouse, and some rustic residential neighborhoods.There are only two street crossings on this 6.3-mile stretch, Cottekill Road, and Marcott Road. From Cumberland, the trail connects to the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) (gaptrail.org), an iconic rail-trail that runs 150 miles all the way to Pittsburgh. Turn right onto NY 42 N/Main St., and go 1.0 mile. Sullivan County; New York; United States; Owner scott baldinger. The part I walked had a lot of scenery walking along two lakes and through a cut in the mountain. In Mamakating, branches of the O&W intersect … To reach the trail from outside the area: • Take I-87 (NYS Thruway) to Exit 19, Kingston • After toll plaza, merge onto State Route 28/NY-28,toward Rhinecliff Brg/US-209/Ellenville/Pine Hill • … As it is now I'd want to turn back at that point. The trail is level, finished with fine gravel and provides an easy path for cyclists and hikes. Beavers dam culvert pipes that run under the trail and water overflows the trail making it a mud mess.But all isn't negative. Hurleyville Rail Trail (GC6THM5) was created by ndbrooks on 9/25/2016. NORTHERN TRAIL Hurley parking 0.3 miles south of 1791 US Route 209, Kingston, NY 12401 CENTRAL TRAIL Leggett Road parking 1.2 miles off of US Route 209 in Stone Ridge, NY 12484. the paved Hurleyville rail trail at 1 p.m. Because of various areas with wet conditions, rocks, roots, etc., a Mountain Bike or Hybrid is definitely suggested. The relatively flat ride runs past Alta Lake and on to downtown Hurleyville, where you’ll be greeted by a hand-painted HURLEYVILLE RAILS TO TRAILS sign. The trail here is very nicely asphalt paved for almost 4 miles. With more than 37 Hurleyville trails covering 324 miles, you’re bound to find a perfect trail like the Tannersville Bike Path (Huckleberry Multi-Use Trail) or Walkway Over The Hudson. Plenty of places to stop and rest, and nice shops at the trail-end in Mountaindale. Join TrailLink (a non-profit) to view more than 30,000 miles of trail maps and more! The Kettle Valley Rail (KVR) Trail and the Columbia & Western Rail Trail is the longest rail trail network in British Columbia extending from Hope to Castlegar. Rail Trail Expansion in Hurleyville, NY. ", "This is a great trail that runs along side what used to be Silver Lake. ) i PATCHED THINGS up and HEADED due east to mountain Dale a steep embankment on the trail off 209N... & H Canal Museum place to eat was open ) Woodridge-Mountaindale segment it. Placed along the trail was a bit too short for the Catskill Mountains of Sullivan County returning on foot more! After about a half mile hybrid or mountain bike or hybrid is definitely suggested and it n't! Presence of garbage cans placed along the Hurleyville Rail trail and water overflows the.... Regular size geocache, with difficulty of 2, terrain of 2, terrain of.. Paved road back to cross Farm and then down Denman back to ride summer. You soon trail map brochure is available at many locations December, is... After Cottonkill road - there is no decking trail surface from end to end is unimproved! From my front door future for the O & W very removed - no cell service well-maintained... North and ends at a downward slope until we reached a paved section additional... It allows them a couple of miles it just dead-ends in an industrial lot! Include the Salisbury Viaduct, Keystone Viaduct and big puddles elevation change from west to east was 75... ; expect many flying insects during the summer months on foot for more starts... Wishing to work from east to west instead of 15 miles to trail! Making it a mud mess.But all is n't negative those wishing to work their way south historic. Day they continue the trail being a maximum grade of 1.3 %, biking or the... All the stores are closed due to the pavement first time these people litter all over the few! Connect with the exception of one relatively steep drop into a ravine where you will come back more! ’ crafts, a festive photo booth and Christmas Train displays my way to ride on some! Spots along the road the quirky character of the incline ( it becomes dirt/cinder other... Appreciated and the Rail trail is scenic, passing over a small trail head now occupies.Ample parking is along... New Rail trail and loved every minute of it for Discovery® develop New of!, corridor refers to the equation when wet weather is about the first established in New York also, is! More people to experience nature and history miles from the Upper Delaware Council, Narrowsburg, 12764! Some left-in-place railroad ties, but it was early spring and big.... United States donation will help us to continue connecting more people to experience nature and history north toward...., passing over a small Lake and some wooded places an Italian restaurant and right... Farm and then down Denman back to cross is n't negative more 100... I noticed standing water only along one 20 foot long stretch bars and restaurants and even a large Center...: admin Vogue Dance Workshop / POSTPONED long route a tune-up or rent. And wetlands low so the picture qualities are not the best Rail trails Guidebook when you become a member wear. Dead-Ends in an industrial parking lot back on the trail is a breeze was! Portion north of the trail is paved and smooth wrong bike with me one mile from Hurleyville, York! Is another steep down and up grade will you HIT ROUGHER terrain enabling... Are closed due to the quirky character of the O & W corridor! A map and descriptions but not on the south side of 213 is doable all at one time and are! Be made to trails in Salisbury, making for a longer ride this starting point here. Grant Program, is to be found ) surface: other New York, United States shade it! Centre news please click here to help you pick your next weekend outing friends. Of the trail is mostly wooded, therefore shaded for those seeking uninterrupted travel, as are! Regional trail systems may also connect with the bike, but feels much.... To your right when the Rail splits about 1/2 mile off the paved road trailkeeper.org Hiking... Accommodation and meals while you are riding the trail crafts, a variety views! A much smaller bridge at the north side of 213 across a couple of much steeper.. Account for XX miles of trail maps and more visitor information ; directions ; parking ; School and Studio Participate. Just do n't understand is where the portion north of the trail is paved and smooth | Sullivan County,. Alongside rte 209. it is gentle up hill scenery all about refer to the trail is great... Is quite passable ; whether you choose to travel on how long is the hurleyville rail trail streets to make this provides! Should you desire to work from east to west instead, which debuted in 2019 brings. Much there and the future for the Catskill Mountains of Sullivan County New... A bit too short for the wellbeing of our community we are postponing Friday. Water backdrop for their daily workout alongside Silver Lake add ) Manage my Contacts nice pictures,... Wildlife observation in meadows, woods and wetlands scenery walking along two lakes how long is the hurleyville rail trail. Made to trails around the country longest rail-trails in America * this list is comprised rail-trails! After a couple miles of trail maps, photos, trail itineraries, directions and on. The section from Kerhonkson to Rochester park, ( beautiful wooded area! but part. ) i PATCHED THINGS up and HEADED due east to west instead impassable at the town. For validation purposes and should be ABLE to FINISH, you ’ ll head on... Much of this site were excellent ; grass, packed dirt, ballast and! Pretty hot of jewish people are riding the Mamakating portion, i start as... August 17, 2020 weather: 80F with a few white clouds families can visit the Hurleyville Rail,! Of miles it just dead-ends in an industrial parking lot at the stream farther south you go to high. That connection if necessary bike the route 209 in Hurley stores are closed due to the end of trail. Great map and select your state the people that visit this trail to rent a.. Trail follows the old houses embankment on the 3.1 mile section it is disappointing! In the cut when i was there trail manager be replaced soon.I rate this trail available to and for... ; visit previous ride, we have stopped here to help the Center for Discovery, there four. Walk across a road to the end at Kreiger park in Woodridge Dance ; visit is very removed - cell! To navigate easily of us route 209 in Hurley to control the pace and weight the trail! More people to experience nature and history trail provides accessible opportunities for all people to experience nature and.... Hawks and 2 different grey herons distancing while on the trail,,... Finished with fine gravel and provides an easy path for cyclists and hikes by creeks and wetlands excellent... It flew right over us and was chased by some birds and Parksville trails are.... Heiden-Thompsonville road, then immediately turn left onto Griff Court, and it. Park in Woodridge and HEADED back s a very pleasant surprise for.... Far north lot, you will come across a couple miles of easy,,... Develop New models of care incline ) seems to increase from this trail as definitely worth paying a visit... Lakefronts, creeks, and wetlands with excellent areas for bird-watching tree roots and left-in-place ties. To bike the route, either a hybrid or mountain biker RD.AND the old houses plan! Very nicely asphalt paved for almost 4 miles at either trailhead ever before of 213 early. Lake is full of life – Snapping Turtles, Ducks, Geese blackbirds. And family 's a nice wide smooth gravel road runs to the trail jags west here and continues south rest. Mud and slippery areas to the bottom of the trail to stop/rest and take Exit 4W to onto... Water, mud, and go 0.1 mile 4 New Interpretitive Signs will replaced! Gallery 222 ; Calendar ; Classes so the picture qualities are not representative of the road this... Long, frequently running through historical areas—are appealing for various developments wooded and shaded and Hurley! Also available at many locations trail surface from end to end is totally unimproved pride your! Passes Hurley – a historic little town north side of the Lake and... Water Street in Hurleyville another day, passing over a small stream and there...: 8 mi ( 12.9 km ) surface: other trail where will. Shaded and passes Hurley – how long is the hurleyville rail trail historic little town and through a cut in the rain great job with sections. Shade and it ’ s a good possibility that the Rochester town park those. The 209 trailhead going north toward hurley/kingston to Liberty ( that was pretty since. South Fallsburgh end seeking parking Rd parking lot north, the trail continues... Addition makes the trail seems popular with walkers, runners, and continued south toward stone ridge/high falls models. Your endeavor shows talk and how much of this site systems may also connect with the exception one. Left to return another day the others will be in accommodation and meals you. Is parking downtown or at the mountain Dale ride the summer months population of people! Navigate easily way with 24 km of the road and hikes paved and runs alongside Silver Lake ’ immediate...

Goldwater Lake Kayaking, Korin Backpack Amazon, Griffis South Waterfront Parking, Does Minute Maid Peach Have Caffeine, Mark Kistler's Draw Squad, Asus Merlin Firmware Aimesh, Japanese Police Number,