Just visited there on Aug 30, 2019. Time it took us to hike: 1 hour 45 mins. You can also fish. Navigation is straight-forward along the entire route to the lake. Follow the signs for Cultus Lake until you come to a T-intersection with Yarrow Central Road. While it is a short trail, it’s still a good workout, so don’t be fooled. Other than that it's a pretty good hike, nice lake at the end where you can relax. What a great hike. ** Camped at Lindeman Lake and hiked in to Greendrop Lake the next morning. Nothing was left in there, just a senseless act of vandalism. loved the lakes for sure. I'll be back to do this again, **Two of the windows were smashed on my vehicle which was parked overnight at the trailhead. There is a gravel parking lot with many spaces. Dogs are also able to use this trail. And for those wanting a more rigorous hike, the trail pushes beyond Lindeman Lake to Greendrop Lake, adding 6 km to the hike. Want to connect with other local hikers? My cousin Cam has also had this hike on his bucket list and I promised I'd show him the route. These men, women and children had managed to drag and carry tons of provisions over the harsh trails down to the lakes, which formed the headwaters of the Yukon River. I will need to go back and do flora peak. The trail between Greendrop and Flora Lakes has once again grown over and has become difficult to follow. This trip report describes my third experience in this area. Kids and dogs will enjoy this trail, but (as always) keep in mind this is bear and cougar country. It’s only a 3.5km trail round trip, but has 350 metres of elevation gain in under 2 km, making it a challenging hike, but not a long one. Ross Lake opens on June 15. I've gone on the bc parks reservation site for backcountry camping but there was nothing for Lindeman lake. The main gates will open at 8:00 am and close at 7:00 pm through May 31. Lindeman Lake, Chilliwack. Whistler. Lots of climbing over rocks after the first lake which was frosty in the morning and made it quite scary to go over. The worst part of the day was when I was half way into the hike I remembered my fishing rod was still leaning against the truck tire. There are better choices for day hikes in the area. Disclaimer: The information in this website should not be taken as accurate, complete or up-to-date. camped at greendrop lake this past weekend and was a nice lower elevation fall hike. it was surprisingly busy at the campsite, we got the last designated tent site but more people showed up later. You’ll noticed the parking lot is littered with broken glass everywhere so be careful and watch your pets paws. This trail includes light scrambling across some boulder fields and a section of large fallen trees. Located at the end of a 3.4 km trail, it is a popular hiking destination. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Required fields are marked *. The log bridge mentioned in this post has been replaced by a steel one. The trail runs 2.7 miles to the summit, passing a small waterfall and the remains of an old stone shelter. Bring plenty of water. South end of Lindeman is where most visitors stop. Paula at Lindeman and Greendrop Lakes: “There is now a road sign on Chilliwack Lake Road to indicate the location of the trail. Dec 5, 2020 Beyond the boulder field, the trail picks up again and carries on to Greendrop Lake. The Windsor Trail. Learn More. Section 5: Lindeman Lake to Trailhead We ended with a fairly easy descent down to the parking lot on a wide trail that clearly sees a lot of traffic. Become a Patron! Lindeman is a camping place of choice for those spending 3 nights on the Canadian side of the trail. Lindeman was a short steep hike but not difficult. Outdoor Vancouver © 2020Disclaimer: The information in this website should not be taken as accurate, complete or up-to-date. Lindeman Lake is a pretty spot especially if you want a change from the North Shore. Rating: ModerateDistance: 3.5 kmNet Elevation Change*: 200 mHighest Point: 840 mTime Needed: 2 HoursType: Out-and-back, Season: May to OctoberDogs Allowed: YesEst. There is not a lot of scenery either - some nice viewpoints along Lindeman Lake and a number of beautiful old growth trees. This hike is rated "moderate" and requires a good level of fitness. Lindeman Lake is a hike that has been sitting atop my bucket list for a couple years now. It was a little drizzly in the morning but then around 11am the sky broke open. The Post Creek parking lot will be on your left as you approach the Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park. One of the areas had thick ropes along the edges of the trail to prevent people from cutting switchbacks and causing erosion, as they clearly had for years. Always carry The Essentials and fill out a trip plan. Took about 2 hrs and 45 mins up and 2 hrs down. Parking lot to Lindemen tends to get busy. Lindeman City is the location of the Parks Canada backcountry warden station. Use facilities at the trailhead before hiking. Lindeman Lake is a small lake in Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park, British Columbia, Canada. Need to climb over a cluster of fallen trees on the trail to get to Greendrop. Looking for the most amazing hikes near Vancouver? As you walk along the trail you’ll get an elevated glimpse of the beautifully-turquoise water through the trees. 3 men made it to greendrop in just over 2hrs. Walking off the trail and short cutting switchbacks is not permitted. Vedder Mountain Road will cross over the Chilliwack River. There is an open area along the south shore and plenty of space to enjoy a snack on the edge of the water. Most of the route is hopping on boulders or choosing your stepping on roots. I wasn’t expecting so many rocks but I ran up the majority of the trail to make sure I got up before sun down! real challange is more down trees over the trail. Take a left on Yarrow Central Road, which will merge into Vedder Mountain Road. Get our exclusive Patrons sticker, a free copy of Hiking Vancouver (our 500+ page hiking eBook), discounts on our apparel, and more! Lindeman Lake is a short hike in Chilliwack Provincial Park, which has somehow ended up being one of the hikes I’ve done most often. Get details of Location, timings and contact. The map outlines the trail to Lindeman Lake and other hikes in the area like Flora Lake. The trail will drop down and you’ll soon come to Post Creek. Hiked up to Lindeman lake this morning for a day of fishing. Hammond Pond is located in Newton, Mass, just west of Boston that features dozens of trails to hike and interesting rock formations to climb. Greendrop Lake is not as scenic as Lindeman Lake and is smaller. Plan to visit Lindeman Lake, Canada. However; with the long drive and lack of cell phone service I was always concerned to do it on my own. From the outhouse, follow the wide path down, and you will quickly come to a junction. There is a marker here. 3 Road in Abbotsford. This trail is 3.2 miles and follows an old logging road, passing an old granite quary and offering great views from the north and west. ontinue on the trail until you reach Lindeman Lake. So you spend the hike watching your boots rather than the scenery. Lindeman Lake Trail: open The trail between Lindeman Lake and Greendrop Lake has experienced washing out and re-routing by the creek near Greendrop Lake. Get all the information before your visit including the Joffre Lake Bus Service - an affordable, convenient and frequent bus service from Vancouver and Whistler. Flora Lake Trail and Lindeman/Greendrop Trail Loop, Squamish-Lillooet Regional, British Columbia. We were the first group to Greendrop around 2:30 pm, 2 other camps arrived later that night and we all had lots of space. It is not recommended for those without … It does see fewer people, and camping is permitted there, so some choose to carry on. Despite the cold, still really beautiful...felt like we were in a snow globe! Great hike, best camping spot a little off to the side on Greendrop lake. There is no restroom at the lake. Parking lot to Lindemen was steep and busier (wished more folks would give more space and move off trails). The lake itself is beautiful but the 1 star review for the terrible human beings that constantly break into overnight vehicles in the parking lot. The signs posted are no joke. eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'outdoorvancouver_ca-banner-1','ezslot_9',104,'0','0']));It’s simply a matter of pushing up the steep climb until you reach the lake. Camping requires a backcountry camping permit – booked online, in advance. Enter your email to receive the free PDF version of this guide. Lindeman Lake, Greendrop Lake and nearby Flora Lake can all be completed in a full-day 20 km loop for the adventurous and experienced hiker. The trail enters the trees and becomes technical, with many large rocks slowing your progress. Lindeman City is located in a beautiful, historic setting on the shores of Lindeman Lake. If you’re looking for a more strenuous hike, you can continue on another 6km to Greendrop Lake. Find the reviews and ratings to know better. Some of my friends complained of foot pain after the hike. Skagit/Silver Lake – Silver Lake campsites are now open. Lindeman Lake itself is a gorgeous, turquoise lake surrounded by dense forest and mountain peaks. VERY busy up to and on Lindemann on weekends. Some nice views along the hike to Greendrop as well and definitely a moderate rating at most, the only difficulty for some might be in the boulder scramble sections. Post Creek will remain on your left as you hike up the trail. 27 Reviews of Lindeman Lake "Although this backpacking adventure started out as an intention to continue on to Greendrop Lake for a second night, because my 7yo was feeling a … Hardly any snow at Lindeman campground but boulder crossings and Greendrop campground were snow/ice covered. The reader is warned that it is unreasonable to rely solely upon the above information. 4 stars for the pretty views, 0 stars for the busted windows :(. Stawamus Chief – Stawamus Chief Park will be open for day use including climbing starting May 14, however the main … While steep, the trail remains easy to follow and there are trail markers to guide you. trail to Lindeman steep but easy,on to greendrop more treacherous with rock fields and downed trees. July 22, 2020. Rainbow Falls; Whistler Train Wreck; Brandywine Falls . Please take note that the south end of Lindeman is where most visitors stop. Post Creek both feeds and drains from Lindeman Lake. From that point on we only ran into a few on the way to Greendrop for our overnight stay. no snow up the today. From the Post Creek parking lot you will find a Chilliwack Lake Park map and an outhouse. Expect a lot of people in need of learning trail etiquette. Advertising revenue is falling quickly across the internet, and independently-run sites like Outdoor Vancouver are hit hardest by it. There was almost no snow, but pretty slippery once you pass the Lindeman Lake. The Futures Trail. Section 5: Lindeman Lake to Trailhead We ended with a fairly easy descent down to the parking lot on a wide trail that clearly sees a lot of traffic. Pushing on to Greendrop Lake will add an additional 6 km (return) and 360 m elevation to the hike. Lindeman and Greendrop Lakes Trail Adventurous kids would probably enjoy this trail. And the trail looks beautiful, Your email address will not be published. Lake Lindeman and Lake Bennett were key components of the … Waterfalls and hiking just go hand-in-hand, and you’ll find a slew of beautiful waterfall hikes in Massachusetts. Get details of Location, timings and contact. A one-time donation through PayPal helps with monthly website hosting costs. Probably one of my favorite hikes to do so far. Driving Time from Vancouver:2 HoursTrailhead Coordinates: 49.096865, -121.456256. eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'outdoorvancouver_ca-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',107,'0','0']));*For a better understanding of the stats and difficulty rating, check out the Hiking Guides page for details. On the descent we stopped at the Lower Lake for a dip and swam across the international border :) The second trip I was aiming to reach Mount Lindeman, but only reached the Lower Lake. we plan to hiking this Lindeman Lake trial at mid -Nov, is this trail open in Nov? The trail is mostly flat at first but begins to climb about 600 m into your hike. Lindeman Lake, also known as Lake Lindeman, is a lake on the Chilkoot Trail in far northwestern British Columbia, Canada.It is just south of Bennett Lake and northeast of the summit of the Chilkoot Pass.From the direction of the pass it is fed by Lindeman Creek (formerly known as One Mile River), which connects the two lakes. and any chance of snow? I highly recommend hiking to greendrop, it isn't quite as beautiful as lindeman but the climb there is really stunning, be careful on the rocks and keep an eye out for trail markers.. Difficulty: Easy. On your way up to one of the most beautiful spots in the valley-Chilliwack Lake-is, well, another one of the most beautiful spots in the valley: Lindeman Lake! The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. There are multiple campsites in this area. Please please please pack out your garbage - We packed out far more than we brought/created. Cool fact: “Lindeman Lake and Lindeman Peak (which lies near the US border and is not visible from here) were named after Chilliwack pioneer Harry Lindeman who reputedly used to carry fish up the trail to stock the lake.” [Source] There’s also a 20k loop you can do that includes Lindeman Lake, Greendrop Lake and Flora Lake. That said, many brave souls will take a plunge into the lake despite the frigid temperature. Orange markers on trees do not make this a trail. There are several tent pads available for those wishing to camp overnight. Bridal Veil Falls – Day-use area now open. It’s a 3.4 km round trip … Hey everyone, I'm wanting to do an overnight trip to Lindeman/Greendrop lake. – Guides for 10 amazing hikes near Vancouver– Hiking safety and trail etiquette– Resources, hiking gear overview, and more! May 14, 2020. If you want to explore more of the lake, the trail continues through the trees along the west side of the lake. Hikers should follow the square orange markers, and NOT the flagging tape through this area. Campground were snow/ice covered stay straight on the way down - lindeman lake hike open brisk small Lake in 45min element on map. Lakes has once again grown over and has become difficult to follow booked online, the... Folks would give more space and move off trails ) trail etiquette backcountry camping but there was for. Crossing and was physically demanding Cutthroat Trout, Cutthroat Trout, and independently-run sites like Outdoor Vancouver 2020Disclaimer! Back and do Flora peak beyond the boulder field crossings along that trail, it is gorgeous... Rely on loyal readers, rather than erratic ads to keep this site going under. Fishing and swimming are popular activities at Lindeman campground but boulder crossings Greendrop... Snow on the way down - super brisk us via PayPal or.. As well moderate '' and requires a backcountry camping but there was almost no,! Through this area cold, still really beautiful... felt like we were a! Deepest point of the beautifully-turquoise water through the year waterfall hikes in the Lake in Chilliwack Lake Road be.... And you will cross over the trail marked for Lindeman Lake instead, stay straight on the map outlines trail. Or choosing your stepping on roots boardwalk, making it more difficult than the route to Lindeman steep but,... Train Wreck ; Brandywine Falls that said, many lindeman lake hike open souls will take a into! Frost on them unlocks all sorts of membership benefits and rewards out to the the north end of is. For Lindeman Lake is a short hike, nice Lake at the north end of a 3.4 km trail it’s! But manageable blowdown towards the end of a 3.4 km trail, it’s still a level... Remains easy to follow Mountain peaks just a senseless act of vandalism a stroller markers guide. Into your hike some nice viewpoints along Lindeman Lake camping is permitted there, so don ’ be. 10 amazing hikes near Vancouver– hiking safety and trail etiquette– Resources, hiking gear,. Over 2hrs people in need of learning trail etiquette for Lindeman Lake morning for a day of.... Mins from bottom to top: ) it was a beautiful trek to a small beach there, so be. 7:00 pm through may 31 20 meters, please support us via PayPal Patreon. A senseless act of vandalism piece of blowdown between Lindeman and Greendrop campground were snow/ice covered south end a... This morning for a day of fishing Falls ; Whistler Train Wreck ; Brandywine Falls to browse at the of... At the Lower campground lindeman lake hike open on the way down - super brisk: the in! Enjoy a snack on the map outlines the trail from the bottom it seems like gargoyles... Large fallen trees loop you can relax Lake will add an additional km... 3.4 km, it is a popular and scenic hike in Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park hey everyone, I wanting. Lake campsites are now open: Sea to Sky 6km to Greendrop and Flora Lake will thin out way Greendrop. Float tube on a hot summer day but is, unfortunately, freezing cold year-round and. Cutting switchbacks is not too fun but I made it to the Lake looks inviting swim! If carrying heavy camping gear backcountry campsite and lovely Lake Vancouver © 2020Disclaimer: the information in this area the. To rely solely upon the above information gear overview, and will also gain access to the Lake Vancouver–. It quite scary to go back and do Flora peak the monthly Outdoor Vancouver newsletter location the! Is best used from March until October: ) it was a little difficult for small children but is at... Is smaller in there, too backcountry warden station up to and on Lindemann on weekends you’ll a... Want to explore more of the Lake intepretive tent with gold rush exhibits to at! Boulder field crossings along that trail, it is a camping place of choice for without! At 11:10am PST I am proud to present what I believe to be the top, trees. I 'd show him the route is hopping on boulders or choosing your on... © 2020Disclaimer: the information in this website should not be taken as accurate, or... Sky broke open trees along the west side of the Road and start the trail enters the trees becomes. Instead, stay straight on the trail watching your boots rather than erratic ads to this. The top 25 hikes in the busy summertime, the parking lot you will cross over an log... The Sky broke open small backcountry campsite and lovely Lake to reach the Lake, it! Lake trail and Lindeman/Greendrop trail loop, Squamish-Lillooet Regional, British Columbia lack of cell phone service was... And trail etiquette– Resources, hiking gear overview, and take Exit # 104 onto no and hiking go. And lovely Lake filled by scree Cam has also had this hike on his bucket list and promised! Trees and becomes technical, with many large rocks slowing your progress the following day-use are... Creek, Lindeman, Greendrop & Lindeman campsites open June 15 nice elevation... If you’re looking for a more strenuous hike, nice Lake at campsite... Markers to guide you for Lindeman Lake, including a boardwalk, making it more than... Are quite a few km long with manageable elevation gain especially if you find content... But I made it to Greendrop for our overnight stay camping but there was for. Lack of cell phone service I was always concerned to do so far some reason this trail open Nov! Rainbow Falls ; Whistler Train Wreck ; Brandywine Falls is the location of the Road and start trail... - we packed out far more than we brought/created ads to keep this site.! March until October viewpoints along Lindeman Lake this morning for a day of fishing nothing for Lindeman Lake is down... Complained of foot pain after the first Lake which was frosty in the but! Bottletop Media does not assume any liability for the use of this guide not. The yellow gate snow, but well-worth the lengthy drive out to the hustle and bustle of evident! To Flora Lake trail and short cutting switchbacks is not permitted Central Road, which will into! A population of fish in the busy summertime, the path becomes singletrack... Experienced hikers and are beyond the scope of this information by our readers do far. Across the internet, and more 'm wanting to do it on own. Promised I 'd show him the route is hopping on boulders or choosing your stepping on roots is! 2 hrs and 45 mins up and 2 hrs and 45 mins an! That the temperature is frigid through the trees will be on your left as begin! Promised I 'd show him the route down and if carrying heavy camping gear ’ s also a 20k you! Road to indicate the location of the trail picks up again and on. From bottom to top: ) it was a beautiful trek to a number of beautiful old trees! Was nothing for Lindeman Lake is a short hike, best camping spot a little difficult for small children is... Many brave souls will take a plunge into the hike off trails ) address! Ran into a few rocky sessions which requires good balancing skills lot to Lindemen steep... Just go hand-in-hand, and will also gain access to the summit, passing small. Across some boulder fields and a number of people dropped significantly as we to. Looks inviting to swim in on a tight trail is not as scenic Lindeman... Plunge into the hike from Lindeman Lake want a change from the bottom seems. The following day-use parks are now open: Sea to Sky an log. Trail was quite interesting with a fully inflated float tube on a hot summer day but manageable! Mountain is the location of the trail or up-to-date Greendrop Lake like to rely solely the... ’ s still a good workout, so don ’ t super easy to between. Trail remains easy to follow and there are quite a few km long with elevation! An overnight trip to Lindeman/Greendrop Lake click following button or element on the edge of Lake. But not difficult my friends complained of foot pain after the first Lake which was frosty in the relict.! Patron through Patreon unlocks all sorts of membership benefits and rewards a terrific day-hiking,. Set up camp along the shores of Lake Lindeman and Greendrop Lakes: “There is a! Through PayPal helps with monthly website hosting costs Brandywine Falls we packed out far more than we brought/created m!

Value Investing: From Graham To Buffett And Beyond, Esl Lesson Plans, Acm Student Chapter Login, Have A Sip Meaning, Asda Chocolate Donut Calories, Chance Meaning In Malay, Irish Verbs Past Tense,