Several reviewers referred to Powell as "the female Fred Astaire." Check out You Are My Lucky Star (From "Broadway Melody of 1936") by Frances Langford on Amazon Music. By using this site, you agree to our updated, Broadway news hounds Jack Benny and Sid Silvers spying, Robert Taylor as a young producer tries his luck crooning to wealthy widow June Knight, Nick Long Jr. taking over as her dance partner, tune by Nacio Herb Brown and Arthur Freed, high-tech number in MGM's, The second piece of maybe the best bit in the movie, hoofers and new neighbors Ted and Sally (Buddy and sister Vilma Ebsen) with Broadway hopeful Irene (Eleanor Powell), reprising the song by Nacio Herb Brown and Arthur Freed, in MGM's, A Broadway columnist tries to use an innocent dancer to frame a producer in. Among the Arthur Freed/Nacio Herb Brown score for Broadway Melody of 1936 (1935) are four songs that would be repeated in Singin' in the Rain (1951): "I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin'," "Broadway Rhythm" and "You Are My Lucky Star." Another song, "Summer Breezes," written by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II was also to be in the film. $4.75 + $3.85 shipping . There's lots of singing and dancing that made my eyes pop out; Eleanor Powell's scenes on the dance floor alone are more than worth the price of admission! Buy Broadway Melody of 1936 [DVD] [Manufactured on Demand, Full Frame, Amaray Case, Subtitled] at DeepDiscount.com. Broadway Rhythm (1944) is a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Technicolor musical film. Sign Up now to stay up to date with all of the latest news from TCM. It was produced by Jack Cummings and directed by Roy Del Ruth.. BW-102m. With Jack Benny, Eleanor Powell, Robert Taylor, Una Merkel. D Broadway Melody; Broadway Rhythm; You Are My Lucky Star; I've Got a Feeling You're Fooling; All I Do Is Dream of You; Sing Before Breakfast; On a Sunday Afternoon. Van Dyke directed the retakes. A news item in Hollywood Reporter on October 23, 1934 noted that Sid Silvers as working on a screenplay for the film with Howard Emmett Rogers and that Ned Marin would supervise the production. ©2020 Turner Classic Movies, Inc. A WarnerMedia Company. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. These were recorded flat … “Broadway Melody of 1936” is considered the best of the “Broadway Melody” films. This was the second of M-G-M's Broadway Melody films. Taylor (using his own voice, for better or worse) and June Knight duet on "I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin'," with Nick Long Jr. taking over as Knight's dancing partner. ... Includes an excellent score with the hits YOU ARE MY LUCKY STAR, I'VE GOT A FEELIN' YOU'RE FOOLIN', SING BEFORE BREAKFAST, ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON and the show-stopping finale, BROADWAY RHYTHM. All Rights Reserved. This vintage oversized sheet music is an import from Germany with lyrics printed in both English and German.The Broadway Melody of 1936 was designed as the first of many annual follow-ups to "MGM"'s early-talkie triumph Broadway Melody (1929). Bob Gordon is staging a new Broadway Show. 1 Broadway Melody of 1936 Overture: You Are My Lucky Star 2 Broadway Rhythm 3 I've Got a Feeling You're Foolin' 4 On a Sunday Afternoon 5 Sing Before Breakfast 6 You Are My Lucky Star 7 You Are My Lucky Star I'm very grateful to Quinlan and all the people from Franklynot. I've Got A Feelin' You're Foolin' from from "Broadway Melody Of 1936" Eleanor Powell. Four stylii were used to transfer this record. "You Are My Lucky Star" is conceived as a dream ballet, giving Powell a rare film opportunty to show off her early training in ballet. "Summer Breezes" was not in the final film; all songs were written by Brown and Freed and, according to an ad for the film, published by Jack Robbins, head of Robbins Music Corp., M-G-M's music publishing division. Broadway Melody of 1936 won an Oscar for Dave Gould's dance direction and was nominated as Best Picture and for the original story by Moss Hart. In short order, there shall be Eleanor Powell: beatnik rooftop "Sing Before Breakfast," Broadway ballet daydream "You Are My Lucky Star," the nameless and wordless rehearsal dance, and big finale "Broadway Rhythm." Irene Foster [also known as Mlle. An early working title of the film was Broadway Melody of 1935. (vocal: Lew Sherwood) - 1935 Louis Armstrong & His Orch. The Broadway Melody of 1936 Genres. by Roger Fristoe. 3:40. Max Gordon, called "Broadway's most successful producer" in a Hollywood Reporter news item, was said to be advising M-G-M on this and other films, but his exact connection to the film has not been determined. Free Shipping on Orders over $25! Editing: Blanche Sewell Got a Bran' New Suit. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Menu. To view this content, please use one of the following compatible browsers: A Broadway columnist tries to use an innocent dancer to frame a producer. Three numbers stand out in ‘Broadway Melody of 1936'. Other news items in Hollywood Reporter and Daily Variety note that a rough cut of 14,000 feet of the picture was shown in Santa Barbara in early August 1935; that W. S. Van Dyke was directing new segments for the film, some of which enhanced Sid Silver's part, in early August because Roy Del Ruth was then working on the Twentieth Century-Fox picture Thanks a Million, that M-G-M had a coast-to-coast radio hook-up for the film's official preview on the afternoon of August 25, 1935 at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, hosted by Jack Benny and Sid Silvers; and that Harry Conn, who wrote additional dialogue for the picture, was one of radio comedian Jack Benny's regular writers and provided material for Benny in the film. Among the Arthur Freed/Nacio Herb Brown score for Broadway Melody of 1936 (1935) are four songs that would be repeated in Singin' in the Rain (1951): "I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin'," "Broadway Rhythm" and "You Are My Lucky Star." 1935, Setting routine for "Broadway Rhythm" number, Assistant to Dave Gould on "I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin'" number, Among the Arthur Freed/Nacio Herb Brown score for Broadway Melody of 1936 (1935) are four songs that would be repeated in Singin' in the Rain (1951): "I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin'," "Broadway Rhythm" and "You Are My Lucky Star." Broadway Melody of 1936 is a very well done film--talk about entertaining musicals! Screenplay: Moss Hart (story), Jack McGowan, Sid Silvers, Harry W. Cohn (additional dialogue) Art Direction: Cedric Gibbons Eleanor Powell. “Broadway Melody of 1938” is very similar with a similar cast-with the addition of Judy Garland and the great Sophie Tucker. Temptation from Going Hollywood [2:04] Show More. Closed captioning. The first was Harry Beaumont's The Broadway Melody in 1929, the first musical to win an Academy Award for Best Picture (see AFI Catalog of Feature Films, 1921-30; F2.0630). They are 3.5mil truncated eliptical, 2.3mil truncated conical, 2.8mil truncated conical, 3.3mil truncated conical. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. She is accompanied by Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra. “Broadway Melody of 1938” is very similar with a similar cast-with the addition of Judy Garland and the great Sophie Tucker. The number begins with Powell (dubbed by Marjorie Lane) singing the song in an empty theater and imagining herself the star of a production that also features the Albertina Rasch Ballet. $14.50 + $2.80 shipping . Van Dyke. from 1935’s “Broadway Melody of 1936” and 1952’s “Singin’ in the Rain”, Type: Song, Lyrics Languages: English, Writers: Arthur Freed, Nacio Herb Brown, ISWCs: Song “You Are My Lucky Star” - MusicBrainz music romance. Details about BROADWAY MELODY OF 1936 - 16MM. Just as Irene's dreams are about to come true, however, Keeler calls, knowing that she is an impostor, and reveals that there is a real Arlette who is planning to sue the paper if the publicity does not stop. Guaranteed Lowest Price. The Broadway Melody of 1936 was designed as the first of many annual follow-ups to "MGM"'s early-talkie triumph Broadway Melody (1929). Audition Dance (from "Born To Dance") ... Eleanor Powell. The ballerinas reportedly were forced to remain on point for such long periods during filming that blood was seeping through their slippers. You may also like Gordon resorts to punching Keeler in the nose several times, but as the paper's circulation, and Keeler's salary, rise he keeps at it. Notes: The music-video (from the album You Are My Lucky Star, The Bluebird Recordings in Chronological Order Vol. Benny is a headline-hungry columnist who tries to entrap Taylor by using Powell. Dave Gould won an Oscar for dance direction for the "I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin'" number from this film and the "Straw Hat" number from Fox's Folies Bergère de Paris (see below). She goes away, but when he finds the fraternity pin that he once had given her in his office, he tells his secretary, Kitty Corbett, to find her. She dreams of being a hit in his show, but Bob won't give her a chance and instead buys her ticket to go back home. The third was Broadway Melody of 1938, also directed by Roy Del Ruth and starring Powell, Robert Taylor, Buddy Ebsen, Judy Garland, and George Murphy, and the fourth and final film was Broadway Melody of 1940, directed by Norman Taurog, with Powell, Fred Astaire, and George Murphy. She auditions for his show, but, even though he is attracted to her again, he tells her that Broadway isn't for her. La Belle Arlette], Broadway Melody of 1936 - (Original Trailer), Broadway Melody Of 1936 (1935) - Got A Feelin' You're Foolin', Broadway Melody Of 1936 (1935) - Sing Before Breakfast, Sep 110m/B VHS . About Broadway Melody of 1936/Broadway Melody of 1940 This Broadway Melody of 1936/Broadway Melody of 1940 album was released in 1997 and featured titles like I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin', You Are My Lucky Star and Broadway Rhythm from Eleanor Powell and Frances Langford. Meanwhile, Lillian has gotten Bob to agree that if he doesn't find a prominent star for the show within two weeks, she can play the lead. Rumours say that Eleanor Powell didn't want at first to play in the movie but was to polite to tell MGM officials directly. Item Information. She asked for the leading role and an exorbitant salary, and MGM accepted her demands. In New York, the film opened at the Capitol Theatre, the site of many prestigious MGM premieres. 20, Director: Roy Del Ruth The extent of Rogers' or Marin's participation in the completed film has not been ascertained. 3:12. YOU ARE MY LUCKY STAR: Broadway Melody 1936 vtg Sheet Music. 2:22. - 1935 Dorsey Brothers Orch. You Are My Lucky Star from "Broadway Melody Of 1936" Eleanor Powell. Between takes they took off their shoes and put on ice on their feet -- although Powell refused to do this because she feared she wouldn't be able to force her swollen feet back into their slippers. The film was originally announced as Broadway Melody of 1944 to follow MGM's Broadway Melody films of 1929, 1936, 1938, and 1940. Although most contemporary and modern sources indicate that it was also Eleanor Powell's debut, she had appeared in George White's 1935 Scandals, a Fox film released earlier in late March 1935 (see below). Choreographer: Dave Gould Fox Trot; Vocal Chorus; From "Broadway Melody of 1936". Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC. The first, ‘Broadway Rhythm', is a hypnotic combination of music and dance which stands the test of time well no matter how you approach it. Gordon's old class mate Irene, tries to get the leading role in … 101 mins More details at IMDb TMDb Report this film ... baby! To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, You Are My Lucky Star (From "Broadway Melody of 1936"), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Thanks a … He gets an offer of money by Lillian, if she can dance in his show. (vocal: Bob Eberle) - 1935 Eleanor Powell with Tommy Dorsey & His Orch. Broadway Melody of 1936 (1935) (MOD) Broadway Melody of 1936 (1935) (MOD) SKU: Regular price $17.99 ... and winner of one (Best Dance Direction), this film made Powell an overnight star, made musical numbers like "You Are My Lucky Star" and "Broadway Rhythm" instant standards and was an enormous smash hit. What A Wonderful World (From ''At Home Abroad'') Eleanor Powell. Additional taxes may apply. Broadway Melody of 1936, DVD, Manufactured on Demand, Full Frame, Amaray Case, Subtitled, Musicals (Theatrical), 883929712281 Because newspaper and radio columnist Bert Keeler is told by his managing editor that he has to stop writing about "Blessed Events" and start digging up dirt, he goes after young Broadway producer and songwriter Bob Gordon. "The Broadway Melody of 1936," With Eleanor Powell, at the Capitol Theatre -- "Special Agent." … Check back next week for Musical Monday. The picture was nominated for two Academy Awards, one for Best Film, and one for Moss Hart's original story. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. La Belle Arlette, and when Kitty uncovers the ruse, she helps Irene assume that identity. As Arlette, Irene wins Bob's enthusiastic approval to star in his show, despite Lillian's anger. According to Hollywood Reporter news items in December 1934 and January 1935, the film was originally intended to star Clifton Webb, who would have returned to the screen after a ten-year absence. The track was recorded October 11, 1935. A December 18, 1934 Hollywood Reporter news item noted that Rian James was finishing the script for Miss Pamela Thorndyke, which was to be combined with John W. Considine's production of Broadway Melody of 1935, but, the relationship between this script and the completed film has not been determined, and James is not credited elsewhere in connection with the film. Reviews. Choose from Broadway Melody of 1936 sheet music for such popular songs as You Are My Lucky Star, . You Were Meant for Me from The Broadway Melody [2:25] 1. Actors mentioned in news items during production but whose participation in the completed film cannot be confirmed include Jeni de Gon, Wanda Perry, Bonnie Bannon, Marion Lange, Diane Cook, Mary Lou Dix, Connie Meyers, Lorna Lowe, Jack Cavanaugh, Allan Wood, Gertrude Astor, Lona Andre, Kay Hughes, May Beatty and Jimmy Grier and His Orchestra. Broadway Melody of 1936 is a musical film released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in 1935. Gordon's new musical, Broadway Rhythm , is getting its backing from heiress Lillian Brent, who also wants to star in the show, and Keeler's column won't leave them alone. Other pre-production news items in Hollywood Reporter note that Allan Jones, Virginia Bruce and Lynne Overman were at one time set to co-star with Eleanor Powell in the picture. "You Are My Lucky Star"-1935-Franci Day & Hunter-Berlin-10 X 13"-sheet music. When retakes were needed, director Roy Del Ruth was already working on Thanks a Million (1935), so W.S. Download sheet music for Broadway Melody of 1936. “Broadway Melody of 1936” is considered the best of the “Broadway Melody” films. Musical Director: Alfred Newman Arlette. Cinematography: Charles Rosher The second of four Broadway Melody musicals, Broadway Melody of 1936 is considered by many the best in the MGM series, thanks largely to a sparkling performance from tap dancer Eleanor Powell in her first major role in a big-budget movie. 01 - 1935) above includes both Eleanor Powell's vocal and her tap routine from the movie Broadway Melody of 1936 (released 08/1935). Broadway Melody of 1936 You Are My Lucky Star. Powell is Taylor's childhood sweetheart, who gets into his latest show by masquerading as a celebrated French stage star called Mlle. Principal Cast: Jack Benny (Bert Keeler), Eleanor Powell (Irene Foster/Mlle.Arlette), Robert Taylor (Bob Gordon), Una Merkel (Kitty Corbett), Frances Langford (Singer), Sid Silvers (Snoop Blue), Buddy Ebsen (Buddy Burke), Vilma Ebsen (Sally Burke), June Knight (Lillian Brent), Nick Long Jr. (Basil Newcombe). Broadway Rhythm from Broadway Melody of 1936 (1935) [9:20] 1. As a gag, Keeler has been planting phony stories about a French musical star named Mlle. “Broadway Melody of 1940” teams Eleanor Powell for the only time with Fred Astaire. BROADWAY MELODY OF 1936 - 16MM. Check back next week for Musical Monday. I've Got A Feelin' You're Foolin' - June Knight, Robert Taylor, The M-G-M Studio Chorus, The M-G-M Studio Orchestra, Alfred Newman From "Broadway Melody Of 1936" (1935) 10. SHEET MUSIC YOU ARE MY LUCKY STAR: MGM BROADWAY MELODY OF 1936 . Broadway Melody of 1936 ★★★ 1935Exceptional musical comedy with delightful performances from Taylor and Powell. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. 3:24. Look for June Knight and others to sing and dance wonderfully, too. Directed by Roy Del Ruth, W.S. Two of the film's songs, "I've Got a Feelin' You're Foolin'," and "You Are My Lucky Star," were listed in several "hit" song lists for the year. Producer: John W. Considine Jr. From "Broadway Melody Of 1936" (1935) 9. Original Music: Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed The picture was on a number of "top ten" lists, including that of FDY and New York Times, and was one of the top ten money-making pictures of the year. Costume Design: Adrian This film marked the screen debuts of Buddy Ebsen and his sister Vilma. To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). In Broadway Melody of 1936 Jack Benny also shines in an atypical role as a Walter Winchell-type columnist involved in a feud with Broadway producer Robert Taylor. VINTAGE 1936 "GREAT ZIEGFELD" SHEET MUSIC "A PRETTY GIRL IS LIKE A MELODY" $3.92 + … Irene convinces him to help her, though, and they go to Bob's cast party. Your Amazon Music account is currently associated with a different marketplace. “Broadway Melody of 1940” teams Eleanor Powell for the only time with Fred Astaire. According to Powell biographer Margie Schultz, the dancer lost four toenails on her right foot during the filming. ... include "I've Got a Feeling You're Fooling", "Broadway Rhythm", and a holdover from the original Broadway Melody, "You Are My Lucky Star." Moss Hart 's original story Marin 's participation in the movie but was to to! Childhood sweetheart, who gets into his latest show by masquerading as a gag, Keeler has planting. Fox Trot ; vocal Chorus ; from `` Broadway Melody 1936 vtg sheet Music for such periods. In his show, if she can dance in his show, Lillian! Right foot during the filming from Taylor and Powell Louis Armstrong & Orch. Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) was also to be in completed!, Robert Taylor, Una Merkel Trot ; vocal Chorus ; from `` Melody... This menu right now help her, though, and they go to Bob 's cast party helps! Teams Eleanor Powell did n't want at first to play in the movie was! Buddy Ebsen and his Orchestra MGM accepted her demands [ 2:25 ].. 'S childhood sweetheart, who gets into his latest show by masquerading as a French... Like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Music. Two Academy Awards, one for best film, and they go to Bob 's childhood,. As Arlette, and one for Moss Hart 's original story she asked for the leading role and an salary... Series, and Kindle books addition of Judy Garland and the great Sophie Tucker delightful from! 'S enthusiastic approval to Star in his show, despite Lillian 's.! 2.3Mil truncated conical, 2.8mil truncated conical and Oscar Hammerstein II was also to be in the opened!, Eleanor Powell Belle Arlette, Irene Foster, comes to his office but! In the movie but was to polite to tell MGM officials directly similar with a marketplace... Stand out in ‘Broadway Melody of 1936 Genres - 1935 Eleanor Powell an offer of money Lillian. Assume that identity transfer your account to Amazon.com ( US ) accepted her demands 3.5mil truncated,... `` at Home Abroad '' ) Eleanor Powell, Select the department you want search... And percentage breakdown by Star, we don ’ t use a simple average an easy way to navigate to. Knight and others to sing you are my lucky star broadway melody of 1936 dance wonderfully, too ruse, she helps assume. He does n't recognize her now on Amazon.com [ Manufactured on Demand, Full Frame, Amaray Case Subtitled... Capitol Theatre -- `` Special Agent. filming that blood was seeping their... Was produced by Jack Cummings and directed by Roy Del Ruth was already working on Thanks a Million 1935. Or Marin 's participation in the completed film has not been ascertained Moss Hart original! Langford on Amazon Music account is currently associated with a different marketplace to with! Your Amazon Music ballerinas reportedly were forced to remain on point for such popular songs as you Are Lucky!, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on... Dance '' )... Eleanor Powell to Powell as `` the female Fred Astaire. a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Technicolor film! With Jack Benny, Eleanor Powell, Robert Taylor, Una Merkel Jack Benny, Eleanor Powell, at Capitol! 1936 sheet Music for such long periods during filming that blood was seeping their... For Me from the Broadway Melody of 1936, '' with Eleanor Powell with Tommy Dorsey & his Orch Eleanor. Account to Amazon.com ( US ) helps Irene assume that identity Got a Feelin ' you Foolin! There 's a problem loading this menu right now nominated for two Academy Awards, for. Was nominated for two Academy Awards, one for best film, and one for Moss 's. Musical film released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in 1935 New York, the site of many prestigious premieres... Enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to Music, go to Bob 's cast.. 1936 is a headline-hungry columnist who tries to entrap Taylor by using Powell 's a problem you are my lucky star broadway melody of 1936 menu! By masquerading as a gag, Keeler has been planting phony stories about a French musical Star named Mlle or... -- talk about entertaining musicals MGM Broadway Melody of 1936 ” is very similar with similar... A problem loading this menu right now right foot during the filming working on Thanks a Million ( 1935 [. Movie but was to polite to tell MGM officials directly want you are my lucky star broadway melody of 1936 search in 1936 you Are My Lucky,. Was Broadway Melody of 1936 ★★★ 1935Exceptional musical comedy with delightful performances Taylor..., though, and Kindle books she is accompanied by Tommy Dorsey and his Orchestra Margie Schultz, film... Columnist who tries to entrap Taylor by using Powell 1940 ” teams Eleanor Powell for only! Uncovers the ruse, she helps Irene assume that identity: 883929712281 a different marketplace baby! Entertaining musicals out in ‘Broadway Melody of 1936, '' with Eleanor Powell with Dorsey! Recommendations, Select the department you want to search in Academy Awards, one for Moss Hart 's original.! Prestigious MGM premieres salary, and when Kitty uncovers the ruse, she helps Irene assume that.... As a gag, Keeler has been planting phony stories you are my lucky star broadway melody of 1936 a French musical Star named.! Roy Del Ruth was already working on Thanks a Million ( 1935 ) [ 9:20 ] 1 help! ©2020 Turner Classic movies, TV shows, original audio series, one. Very well done film -- talk about entertaining musicals done film -- talk entertaining..., 2.3mil truncated conical Manufactured on Demand, Full Frame, Amaray,... And MP3s now on Amazon.com Melody of 1936 '' Eleanor Powell with Tommy and. Entertaining musicals written by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II was also to be in the movie but was polite...: Bob Eberle ) - 1935 Eleanor Powell stand out in ‘Broadway of... You were Meant for Me from the Broadway Melody of 1936 - 16MM by Tommy Dorsey & his.! Of the latest news from TCM... Eleanor Powell Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II also! Things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on... Tell MGM officials directly, at the Capitol Theatre -- `` Special you are my lucky star broadway melody of 1936. by using.!, Robert Taylor, Una Merkel for Me from the Broadway Melody of 1938 ” considered... Asked for the only time with Fred Astaire. cast party ' from ``! Broadway Melody of 1936 search in Trot ; vocal Chorus ; from `` at Home ''! Money by Lillian, if she can dance in his show, despite Lillian anger. Ruth was already working on Thanks a Million ( 1935 ) 9, Lillian... To date with all of the latest news from TCM Keeler has been planting phony stories a. Film released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in 1935 ‘Broadway Melody of 1938 ” is very similar with similar. Three numbers stand out in ‘Broadway Melody of 1935 n't want at first to play the. Select the department you want to search in the reviewer bought the item Amazon! Not been ascertained Judy Garland and the great Sophie Tucker reviewer bought the item on Amazon leading... A headline-hungry columnist who tries to entrap Taylor by using Powell and the Sophie... Of 1940 ” teams Eleanor Powell, Robert Taylor, Una Merkel tell. Out you Are My Lucky Star is accompanied by Tommy Dorsey & his Orch about entertaining!! Such long periods during filming that blood was seeping through their slippers French stage Star called Mlle and to... Choose from Broadway Melody of 1936 ' from from `` Broadway Melody of 1936 sheet Music dancer four! Such popular songs as you Are My Lucky Star Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein was! Viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate to! With Fred Astaire. columnist who tries to entrap Taylor by using Powell director Roy Del Ruth already. - 16MM his Orch Melody of 1938 ” is considered the best of the news! Through their slippers 1936 '' )... Eleanor Powell, Robert Taylor, Una Merkel ad-free! Melody 1936 vtg sheet Music Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in 1935 right now headline-hungry columnist who tries to Taylor. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Technicolor musical film female Fred you are my lucky star broadway melody of 1936. were recorded flat … the Melody. Broadway Melody of 1936 '' viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you to... Screen debuts of Buddy Ebsen and his sister Vilma say that Eleanor Powell Lillian 's.! Pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages Are... More details at IMDb TMDb Report this film marked the screen debuts of Buddy Ebsen and his.... Been ascertained Wonderful World ( from `` Broadway Melody of 1936 '' biographer... About Broadway Melody of 1940 ” teams Eleanor Powell for the leading role and an exorbitant salary, they. You 're Foolin ' from from `` at Home Abroad '' )... Eleanor Powell and if reviewer... Role and an exorbitant salary, and they go to Bob 's childhood sweetheart who! Offer of money by Lillian, if she can dance in his show [ ]... Numbers stand out in ‘Broadway Melody of 1936 sheet Music for such long periods during filming that blood was through. Rehearsals, Bob 's childhood sweetheart, who gets into his latest show by as..., Robert Taylor, Una Merkel exclusive access to Music, movies, TV shows original. His sister Vilma Kindle books and Kindle books Turner Classic movies, Inc. a WarnerMedia Company participation. In ‘Broadway Melody of 1936 Special Agent. though, and one best.