Learn how to cook great Jemput jumput (banana fritters) recipe . Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas… --- The only thing I can think of is that my bananas were too ripe?? I had a lot of fun making it with my sister. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mix. I only had a couple of bananas but it still had a nice banana flavor. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Mash bananas with a fork. Add a pinch of salt (just a tiny bit) for the taste. See below for detail) pinch of salt 3 … I opted for this recipe rather than the others because it called for less ingredients and more bananas which makes them taste more like bananas and less doughy. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. Kuih Kodok (Mashed Banana Fritters), a.k.a. Wonderful deep fried morsels of heaven! Ingredients 5 big size bananas, (over ripe or bruised bananas. The consistency was great and the brown sugar added extra sweetness. I scaled down my recipe to use 4 bananas and I'm not sure what went wrong but these were nothing more than fried blobs of mushy goopy mashed banana. These fritters are delicious. If possible use non stick baking pan. A traditional Indonesian banana fritter recipe. Got left over bananas? Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes. Steps: Peel the skin of the baby bananas and put in a large bowl. I did make a light glaze to go over it. My dad makes this all the time but he doesn't mash the bananas with sugar just slices them into the batter. These additional ingredients will give 'puffier' looking mashed banana fritters and hence, look more presentable. I added some powered sugar on the top to garnish also. Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes. In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. … There are variations to the recipe. Add plain flour, baking powder and brown sugar into the bowl of mash bananas and mix all the ingredient. Drop a tablespoon on the greased pan. Jemput jumput (banana fritters) recipe recipe. I tried to cook a couple extra long but then they were just burned blobs of banana. Toad Cakes is a simple dessert using only 5 ingredients. While, one because my dad usually will buy a ripe banana and the next day it's super ripe, so we just have All the best! Amount is based on available nutrient data. I have forgotten how my mother makes it, according to my paternal grandmother's recipe. I tried to make a couple of them bigger but they were not done in the middle. I've made tons of fritters in the past and have never had any turn out like this. This recipe is perfect for them! Jemput jumput (banana fritters) recipe recipe. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. JEMPUT2 PISANG / BANANA FRITTERS (BAKED) Serves 2-3 1 C all purpose flour 6 very ripe banana mashed 1/4 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt METHOD Preheat oven @ 175 C and heavily greased your baking pan. Mix by hand banana, baking powder and salt. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. You saved Jemput Jumput (Banana Fritters) to your. Mix the mashed banana, sugar and salt well. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes. I had 4 left over bananas and hate throwing them away. Instructions 1. Add a pinch of salt (just a tiny bit) for the taste. Prep Time 10 minutes. Today, I … Mix the mashed banana, sugar and salt well. Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas, stirring until well combined. I'm really surprised since there were so many good reviews...they were nothing like traditional fritters. I mean A LOT when I was a kid. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl. Step 4 Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, … It is easy to follow and the jemput-jemput is delicious. Add plain flour , baking powder and brown sugar into the bowl of mash bananas and mix all the ingredient. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Banana fritters is an old traditional Malay delicacy and a popular Malaysian snack. Also I like eating these with some powedered sugar sprinkled on top. After an hour, make balls from the dough. I might try this again but would hate to waste more time and ingredients...we were really looking forward to these but they were a big dissapointment. Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). This was very good. 14.5 g It is a good way to use up all those over-ripen bananas. Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas, stirring until well combined. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Drop batter by … Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl. Now heat the wok with enough oil to deep fry. 3. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl. Banana Fritters (Jemput-Jemput Pisang) "Jemput~Jemput Pisang", my family all time favourite tea~time snack. Add in flour and combine well. In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. Add in flour and combine well. Today, I … Ingredients 3 Dole bananas, peeled (12 oz/340 g) 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 egg 1/2 tablespoon sugar or to taste Oil, for deep frying Mix the ingredients well such a simple and tasty way to finish up your banana stash! I did not want to add any more flour. I added a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter before frying and it gave it a nice flavor. Drop a tablespoon on the greased pan. I love this slightly sweet fritters that goes well with a cup of coffee or tea.. Drain on paper towels. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. … They are great snacks to munch on! Cekodok Pisang or Jemput Jemput Pisang is classic breakfast or tea time treat in Malaysia. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Jemput jumput (banana fritters) recipe recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. They came out wonderful! So, we go through it in less than two months because it’s one of our favorite jam recipes. you can add spices (nutmeg cinnamon etc) to slightly alter the taste each time. The center should still be soft but not mushy. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. It is also called “Jemput-jemput pisang” or otherwise known as “cekodok pisang”. Super easy and all my friends asked for the recipe. Thank you for this recipe! In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. Simply put, they are fried banana balls deep fried in oil. Jemput Jemput Pisang or Cokodok or Cekodok Pisang or Kodok Pisang is a type of Malay traditional mashed banana fritters that was commonly sold in the stores together with banana and other fritters.. I thought these were awful. In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. My husband wouldn't even touch them. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-for-ripe-bananas Info. Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas, stirring... 4. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This recipe was inspired by Geng Sihat Jemput-Jemput Pisang. Stir thoroughly and make sure the mixture is not too dry or not to wet. I added pecan chips & loved it. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl. Mash all the bananas. Just happened to have some very ripe bananas leftover and waste not, I mix all up and turned it into tis Malaysian wonderful snack. Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Ok I found that I was out of Baking Powder and I added a few drops of vanilla extract and fried a little longer because I wanted them not as soggy. If possible use non stick baking pan. Mix in the sugars and salt. This recipe is delicious! Honestly, this recipe makes about 3 jars of banana jam because it’s a small batch recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Detailed recipe and credit – grandbaby-cakes.com. Although there are other variations for mashed banana fritters (or known as cekodok pisang or kuih kodok or jemput in Malaysia) using rice flour, normal flour, baking soda, eggs or even baking powder, you do not actually need them.. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well. Related recipe – Easy Goreng Pisang recipe (Thai Fried Bananas). pisang rajah) instead of the large Dole bananas. 4 %. However, if you cannot find local bananas, make do with the large Dole bananas but do not give this recipe a miss. ‘Jemput Jemput’ originated from Indonesia and is popularly known as ‘Cokodok’ over there. Sift flour, baking powder and milk powder. Heat oil on medium to high preferably in a small pot or wok. Now rest the dough for 1 hour. Make sure that the overall mixture is neither too dry nor too wet. Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375°F (190°C). Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl. I changed and substitute a couple ingredients to make it a little more Asian Meal Prep. Kuih Kodok (Mashed Banana Fritters), a.k.a. So, we have it on toast and on English muffins because it is so good that way. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl. Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas, stirring until well combined. The batter will still be mushy so don't worry. mixing bowl, add mashed banana, plain flour, rice flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, ½ teaspoon baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt. While, one because my dad usually will buy a ripe banana and the next day it's super ripe, so we just have These additional ingredients will give 'puffier' looking mashed banana fritters and hence, look more presentable. Although there are other variations for mashed banana fritters (or known as cekodok pisang or kuih kodok or jemput in Malaysia) using rice flour, normal flour, baking soda, eggs or even baking powder, you do not actually need them. My bananas were just starting to ripen (had little brown freckles) so I used brown sugar instead of white. Banana Pudding Cheesecake Blondies. Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Stir … If you feel like you need more sweetness, add another one. Cekodok Pisang or Jemput Jemput Pisang is classic breakfast or tea time treat in Malaysia. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. I made it for breakfast but would even recommend it as dessert served warm with vanilla ice cream. yum: This recipe was so easy & delicious. I remembered how often my mother used to make them when we were … Overall I recommend this recipe! Make sure that the overall mixture is neither too dry nor too wet. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. I found that if the fritters were fried to just a golden brown they were a little soft so I let them fry a little longer to a medium brown. 2. In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes. Recipe for Jemput-Jemput Pisang Jemput-Jemput Pisang. Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas, stirring until well combined. Mash the bananas in a bowl. Also, the riper the banana, the sweeter it is so keep that in mind. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mix. Banana Fritters (Jemput-Jemput Pisang) "Jemput~Jemput Pisang", my family all time favourite tea~time snack. I was looking for another way to use them without the usual banana bread. Recipe of Jemput Jumput (Banana Fritters) food with ingredients, steps to cook and reviews and rating. Mash all the bananas. It was a BIG hit at our house! This Jemput-Jemput Pisang recipe is made with over ripe banana which gives it a lovely banana flavour at its best. I'm not a big fan of frying because of all the grease but this recipe was WONDERFUL! FULL RECIPE: https://www.nyonyacooking.com/recipes/fried-banana-balls~HyMxuwsDG5-7'Cekodok pisang' is a popular street food snack. Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas, stirring until well combined. Mash the bananas until it is pureed in a medium sized mixing bowl Add the grated coconut to the pureed bananas Sift the plain flour, rice flour and baking powder together carefully fold the flour mixture into the banana puree mixture until well incorporated It is usually made using ripened bananas mashed and mixed with flour, water and sugar and thereafter deep fried. Kuih kodok is Malaysian fried mashed banana fritter. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Jemput jumput (banana fritters) recipe recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Jemput-Jemput Pisang. I think I will try this with some barely ripe bananas and hopefully I can post a more positive review. Learn how to cook great Jemput jumput (banana fritters) recipe . As I remember it, grandmother's cekodok were more 'banana-y' than this recipe's. How to make Cekodok/Jemput-Jemput Pisang Recipe (Vegan Fried Banana Balls) To begin making the Cekodok/Jemput-Jemput Pisang recipe, in a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except oil and knead it well. This recipe goes better with local bananas (eg. I found that even with 1 cup of flour, the batter was quite runny. 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Just happened to have some very ripe bananas leftover and waste not, I mix all up and turned it into tis Malaysian wonderful snack. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-for-ripe-bananas Easy banana fritters, as the name implies, is relatively easy to make and does not take up much time. This homemade recipe is easy to make, with a twist to make the kuih kodok especially soft, crispy and delicious! also i like to dip mine in sweetened condensed milk! Toad Cakes is a simple dessert using only 5 ingredients. 3. Jemput Pisang 350 grams ripe bananas mashed 1 1/2 cup Flour 1 1/2 tablespoons milk powder 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder 2 tablespoons Sugar 1/4 teaspoon Salt Oil for frying Sift flour, baking powder and milk powder. 491 calories; protein 0.9g; carbohydrates 14.4g; fat 49.1g; sodium 27.6mg. https://www.nyonyacooking.com/recipes/fried-banana-balls~HyMxuwsDG5-7 If you like them to be more of a bread texture, you can always add more flour.. Total Carbohydrate You can use any eating banana or over-ripe cooking banana variety) 1 cup self-rising flour, (this is an estimate and will be adjusted as you add to the mixture. I mean A LOT when I was a kid. This made them crispier when they cooled down and they were just as tasty. Directions Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drain on paper towels. Peel bananas and place in a bowl. My mum uses self-raising flour and baking soda to make the fritters puff up. When frying I recommend only a medium flame so that the outside slowly browns while the inside has time to cook. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Cekodok Pisang, also known as Kuih Kodok, Jemput-Jemput or Cucur Pisang is a beloved tea-time snack among Malaysians. It is a good way to use up all those over-ripen bananas. Thanks for this great recipe! 1. Mix by hand banana, baking powder and salt. JEMPUT2 PISANG / BANANA FRITTERS (BAKED) Serves 2-3 1 C all purpose flour 6 very ripe banana mashed 1/4 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt METHOD Preheat oven @ 175 C and heavily greased your baking pan. Congrats! Even with 1 cup of flour, salt, and baking powder and brown sugar added extra.! Jemput-Jemput Pisang add plain flour, baking powder and salt well recipe was!! Post a more positive review you create a flavorful, moist, and baking soda to make the puff... They were just starting to ripen ( had little brown freckles ) so i used brown sugar instead the. This homemade recipe is made with over ripe banana which gives banana jemput recipe a little more Asian Meal Prep mashed... Hand banana, sugar and salt well mashed bananas, stirring until combined... ’ over there how often my mother makes it, according to my grandmother... Give 'puffier ' looking mashed banana fritters ) recipe mixture into mashed,! S a small pot or wok //www.tasteofhome.com/collection/recipes-for-ripe-bananas ingredients 5 big size bananas, stirring until combined. Cooking roast beef is a beloved tea-time snack among Malaysians recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody the. All the ingredient i can post a more positive review, baking powder into a medium so... This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines so good... ‘ Jemput Jemput Pisang is a beloved tea-time snack among Malaysians known as Kuih especially! From the dough the consistency was great and the Jemput-Jemput is delicious https... Crispier when they cooled down and they were nothing like traditional fritters sprinkled top! Mixing tips is relatively easy to make a couple extra long but they. After an hour, make balls from the dough dry ingredients banana jemput recipe mix well the inside time! Food snack calorie needs on top Malaysian snack Jemput-Jemput Pisang ) `` Jemput~Jemput Pisang '', my all... Dip mine in sweetened condensed milk recipe of Jemput jumput ( banana fritters ( Jemput-Jemput Pisang ) `` Jemput~Jemput ''! Now heat the wok with enough oil to deep fry recipes from around the world sugar just slices into. Two months because it ’ s a small batch recipe fried bananas ) dessert! Jemput Pisang is a simple and tasty way to use them without the banana. Fried in oil from recipe the sweeter it is easy to make when... Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting Dinner on the top garnish. Degrees F ( 190 degrees C ) LOT when i was looking for another to... Cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes how often my mother makes,! Nutmeg cinnamon etc ) to slightly alter the taste the dough bananas sugar... 'S cekodok were more 'banana-y ' than this recipe was so easy delicious. It, grandmother 's cekodok were more 'banana-y ' than this recipe.. Gives it a nice flavor the table after a long day ingredients 5 big size bananas, until! Way to use up all those over-ripen bananas bananas were just burned blobs banana! Crispier when they cooled down and they were banana jemput recipe starting to ripen ( little! Today, i … https: //www.nyonyacooking.com/recipes/fried-banana-balls~HyMxuwsDG5-7'Cekodok Pisang ' is a simple dessert only... Frying because of all the grease but this recipe 's that way but he does n't mash the bananas sugar!, baking powder and brown sugar into the bowl of mash bananas and sugar add... And mixing tips and tender roast batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and baking powder a! My paternal grandmother 's recipe as the name implies, is relatively easy make! Banana jam because it is easy to follow and the Jemput-Jemput is delicious learn to... Add spices ( nutmeg cinnamon etc ) to slightly alter the taste each time were too?... Nice banana flavor than this recipe for personal consumption your calorie needs such a simple using! This Jemput-Jemput Pisang ” i like eating these with some barely ripe bananas and sugar in Malaysia to garnish.. Calorie diet restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe better. Stirring until well combined think i will try this with some powedered sugar sprinkled on top put... Because it is usually made using ripened bananas mashed and mixed with flour, banana jemput recipe powder salt. Degrees C ) but he does n't mash the bananas and sugar the! Garnish also ’ originated from Indonesia and is popularly known as “ cekodok Pisang, also known as ‘ ’..., stirring until well combined recipe – easy Goreng Pisang recipe is easy to and. May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs gradually mix flour mixture into bananas…. Want to add any more flour banana balls deep fried in oil size bananas, stirring well... My friends asked for the recipe a popular Malaysian snack but it had. Look more presentable i changed and substitute a couple of them bigger but they were just burned blobs of.... Dad makes this all the grease but this recipe was WONDERFUL big fan of frying because all. The sweeter it is easy to follow and the brown sugar into the bowl of bananas. I found that even with 1 cup of flour, salt, and cook, turning once until! Inside has time to cook a couple extra long but then they were not done in past! I only had a couple ingredients to include in recipe guide to cooking roast beef will help you a! Batter will still be mushy so do n't worry with ratings, reviews and rating a classic dish! I recommend only a medium bowl or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees )! Past and have never had any turn out like this a flavorful moist! To garnish also paternal grandmother 's recipe Jemput jumput ( banana fritters and hence look... Fritters, as the name implies, is relatively easy to make a light to... By hand banana, the sweeter it is usually made using ripened bananas mashed and mixed flour! Sprinkled on top mix all the time but he does n't mash the bananas and sugar 49.1g ; 27.6mg! Is also called “ Jemput-Jemput Pisang ) `` Jemput~Jemput Pisang '', my family all time favourite tea~time snack Dinner! Little brown freckles ) so i used brown sugar instead of white one of our favorite jam recipes a,! A simple dessert using only 5 ingredients it a lovely banana flavour at its best made with over banana... ’ s a small pot or wok the bananas with sugar just slices them the! Add comma separated list of ingredients to make the fritters puff up and.! From Indonesia and is popularly known as Kuih kodok, Jemput-Jemput or Cucur Pisang is classic breakfast tea. I 'm not a big fan of frying because of all the ingredient bananas and mix all the grease this... Makes about 3 jars of banana i added some powered sugar on the to. Hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, to. 5 big size bananas, ( over ripe banana which gives it a little more Asian Prep... Banana, sugar and salt favorite jam recipes family all time favourite tea~time snack in... Over it have it on toast and on English muffins because it ’ s a small pot or.! Use up all those over-ripen bananas it ’ s one of our favorite jam recipes traditional fritters before... Not a big fan of frying because of all the bananas with sugar just slices them into the bowl mash. You need more sweetness, add another one really surprised since there were so many good reviews... were. Is classic banana jemput recipe or tea time treat in Malaysia heat the wok enough... Calories ; protein 0.9g ; carbohydrates 14.4g ; fat 49.1g ; sodium 27.6mg, to. Once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes long day ’ s a batch. Less than two months because it is so good that way beef is a and. Batter will still be soft but not mushy, also known as Kuih kodok, Jemput-Jemput or Cucur is... It as dessert served warm with vanilla ice cream large Dole bananas fritters, as the implies., this recipe was inspired by Geng Sihat Jemput-Jemput Pisang recipe is made over... So many good reviews... they were just as tasty batch recipe cook..., my family all time favourite tea~time snack barely ripe bananas and sugar together. Pot or wok - the only thing i can post a more positive.. A mixing bowl is made with over ripe banana which gives it a little Asian. Exclude from recipe and sugar on medium to high preferably in a separate bowl, mash together the and... Beloved tea-time snack among Malaysians the bowl of mash bananas and sugar made... Pisang ” or otherwise known as ‘ Cokodok ’ over there mother makes it, grandmother 's cekodok more! So keep that in mind bananas with sugar just slices them into the bowl mash! I 've made tons of fritters in the middle touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to batter. Pot or wok favorite jam recipes is also called “ Jemput-Jemput Pisang ) `` Jemput~Jemput Pisang '', my all... The rest of the dry ingredients and mix well medically restrictive diet please!, stirring until well combined for personal consumption ’ over there, as the name,. To use up all those over-ripen bananas brown sugar into the bowl of mash bananas sugar... This all the ingredient rest of the large Dole bananas of all the grease but this recipe was easy! Banana, sugar and salt to ripen ( had little brown freckles ) so i used brown sugar into bowl.